Wiki Posts
Search

Chances of vdb clearing?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
Chances of vdb clearing?

On 966 iad to fco this evening. Checking in just now at Dfw the computer offered potential vdb as 966 is overbooked. I only arrive an hour before the flight from a prior connection. (CLE). What are the chances I can still snag the vdb? My plans are flexible and I could use the $$
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Expert Flyer is showing F1 J3 Y4 (four "seats" remaining).

I'd guess a less than 50% chance of a bump.

Get to the IAD gate asap and let the GA know that you're willing to volunteer.
Let us know what happens.

Good luck
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
A lot could change between now and then.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Anything can happen at IAD. Good luck!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by gates_2
On 966 iad to fco this evening. Checking in just now at Dfw the computer offered potential vdb as 966 is overbooked. I only arrive an hour before the flight from a prior connection. (CLE). What are the chances I can still snag the vdb? My plans are flexible and I could use the $$
If you are successful, they should still be able to get you to FCO tomorrow by putting you on a later flight tonight via FRA or MUC.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by gates_2
When you're at CLE you can ask to be put on the volunteer list. You're probably on it already if you did it at the kiosk, but it can't hurt to confirm at CLE if you have club access.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
No dice. Didn't need any vdbs. On the flight now. In Y. 767. One crying baby already. Where is the glenlivet. :-( not looking forward to the next 8hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.