Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Computer glitches still creating havoc at United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

More negative coverage from the local news here in SFO: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8602404&pid=8602402

Ironically, I saw it on the TV in the United Club in SFO.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by channa
More negative coverage from the local news here in SFO: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8602404&pid=8602402

Are they still planning on introducing something similar to Fastair for SHARES?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold

I'll leave it to the IT experts to debate but that devastating report is certainly consistent with what we've seen and experienced watching UA agents at work and listening to their comments over the past few weeks.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Fredd
I'll leave it to the IT experts to debate but that devastating report is certainly consistent with what we've seen and experienced watching UA agents at work and listening to their comments over the past few weeks.
They sent me an electronic travel certificate good for $100 off a flight within the next year after I complained about the intolerable hold times. I suppose that might be some compensation for worthless hours waiting to BUY a ticket, but I don't see how they'll stay in business for long this way.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 9:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I was waiting for that piece to show up on KGO's website. I watched it on the 6pm news, too. Best comment was the retired UA employee who said the computer transition was like going from an iPad to a Commodore 64. I remember Commodore 64s (and DOS, too) from about 30 years ago.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Very good piece! Much better than other coverage I've seen on UA's transition to SHARES.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:13 pm
Used to be MJ-bos

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st
No surprises

This scenario has played out almost exactly as predicted...

United moving to Shares Likely Without Fastshares

From planning to training to implementation to post-trauma PR... it's just wiping up the cat sick with the rag that the dog peed on. It just keeps getting messier and smellier.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MJ-bos
This scenario has played out almost exactly as predicted...

United moving to Shares Likely Without Fastshares

From planning to training to implementation to post-trauma PR... it's just wiping up the cat sick with the rag that the dog peed on. It just keeps getting messier and smellier.
Very pungent but apt description.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Mar 30, 2012 at 10:24 pm
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:30 pm

It is soon going to be a month and they are still having issues (despite knowing about the transition a year or so in advance). Notice the only thing working flawlessly is TOD?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Good reporting job, kudos to KGO.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Oh, Claudia...

While the transition has not gone well, you'd think they'd interview some actives instead of a retiree that is still bitter about her pension.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:58 pm

This was a brilliant piece that explains the collapse of our once better (not great, but better) airline.

They should share this video with that jerk on the Huffington Post who blogged that this is all UA's fault, not CO's.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...ment_144931677
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Sulley
Oh, Claudia...

While the transition has not gone well, you'd think they'd interview some actives instead of a retiree that is still bitter about her pension.
I don't think too many actives would be willing to go on camera to slam the company's decision (though many feel it's an inferior system and a downgrade).

Many UAers will say stuff one-on-one to someone, but to the media, no way. Are employees even allowed to talk with the media on record/on camera?

Remember the venue is the local SF news, where PMUA has a hub. If PMUA customers are accustomed to faster service, this is relevant to the local population given PMUA's market share at SFO.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:08 pm

I don't think too many actives would be willing to go on camera to slam the company's decision (though many feel it's an inferior system and a downgrade).

Many UAers will say stuff one-on-one to someone, but to the media, no way. Are employees even allowed to talk with the media on record/on camera?

Remember the venue is the local SF news, where PMUA has a hub. If PMUA customers are accustomed to faster service, this is relevant to the local population given PMUA's market share at SFO.
UA employees are not allowed to speak to the press or media without the full consent of UA Corporate. All press and media are referred to UA Corporate media relations.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite

That is correct - there is a strict media policy in place. However, I'm sure some would speak anonymously off camera for the report

Claudia hasn't used both systems (though I agree native SHARES is inferior to FastAir). Let's just say her reputation proceeds her among certain groups...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.