Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
The Fleet Status site is:

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

At the site, you can find information about the interior features, livery, etc., for every plane in United's fleet.

To determine which plane your flight will be on go to mobile.united.com and then click on flight status. Put in the flight number for your flight and just have it use today's date (occasionally it'll say flight not operated on this date in which case just choose one of the other 3 dates it lists). In the address bar you'll see something like this:

mobile.united.com/FlightStatus/FlightDetails?carrierCode=UA&flightNumber=1205&fli ghtDate=9%2F22%2F2013&origin=EWR&destination=SFO

Just change the flight date to match the day of your scheduled flight and then change the origin / destination if necessary. Once you do that look in the details tab under aircraft # and if they have assigned a plane it'll say something like #3506 and the type of plane. Once you know that go to the United Fleet website listed above and cross-reference the four digit number against the "aircraft" column under the appropriate aircraft type.

Keep in mind that things change as they get closer and sometimes either they won't have assigned an aircraft yet or it'll be assigned #0 if it's a few days away and they are anticipating aircraft movement (e.g. putting a new/converted p.s. plane entering into service).
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Fleet Updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:51 pm

Suspect 752 N508UA may have left the fleet- shown as a 5/13 exit - been in LAX since 5/21
752 N510UA has been in IAH since 5/5 - unit to become new ps unit - possibly in reconfiguration mod somewhere??

744 Maint:
N174UA sked to exit HKG 862/4Jun
Suspect N181UA will enter HKG - en route 869/2Jun

Airbus WiFi: A320: N403UA, N410UA - A319: N839UA have operational WiFi

Last edited by Bunky; Jun 2, 2013 at 5:01 pm
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Reported this earlier, but it looks like it may have slipped through the cracks: 4022 has the new bins.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:34 pm

N194UA, the charter plane, still has the same somewhat awkward color scheme. A lot of blue and no globe. Here's a link to an article with a photo. (Too lazy to upload my own photo...)

http://worldairlinenews.com/2012/03/...arter-service/

Does anyone have any idea what sort of organizations charter this plane?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by flyingnosh
N194UA, the charter plane, still has the same somewhat awkward color scheme. A lot of blue and no globe. Here's a link to an article with a photo. (Too lazy to upload my own photo...)

Interesting -- looks like they just painted over the yellow globe on the tail and called it a day when they took over from Atlas. I guess they wanted to save $$$ on paint.

Usually the military charters this plane although i'm not sure what it's been up to lately.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:46 pm

Some mention of it a bit upthread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19254624-post1511.html
Old Jun 2, 2013, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Military, government (not unusual for a UA 747 to be following AF1 around with the UA airplane full of staff and reporters), sports teams, Google. A review of FlightAware history will show many stops at military bases. This airplane has no E+ because they had to increase the number of seats in it to meet a DOD guideline.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K3MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hertz PC
Unhappy 737-900 E+ and power but NO IFE and NO WIFI

For the first time today I was on a 737-900 SFO-IAD ...

Very nice plane, fresh look inside, great overhead storage bins ...

But NO IFE (not even audio) and NO WIFI ????? on brand new planes ?????

I can understand the point that nowadays most people travel with their own entertainment (tablets, laptops, smartphones) and that it might be wise to save the cost of a per seat IFE ... but NO WIFI ?!??!!?

I hope this isn't a sign of whats coming ... (even more so on transcon)
UA has been lagging in terms of getting WIFI and I would have thought that newer planes would have come with it .... (while retrofitting the older planes would have taken longer)

Anyone has any insight as to the plan for the 737-900 and WIFI !

Thanks !
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:46 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pbr6891

I can understand the point that nowadays most people travel with their own entertainment (tablets, laptops, smartphones) and that it might be wise to save the cost of a per seat IFE ... but NO WIFI ?!??!!?

UA has been lagging in terms of getting WIFI and I would have thought that newer planes would have come with it .... (while retrofitting the older planes would have taken longer)

Thanks !
The IFE (Direct TV) for 73x are added after UA takes delivery --- see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nt-system.html

WIFI should come eventually but presently UA is converting A3xx (and removing IFE) and 747s. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-wikipost.html
Old Jun 3, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edcho
Interesting -- looks like they just painted over the yellow globe on the tail and called it a day when they took over from Atlas. I guess they wanted to save $$$ on paint.

Usually the military charters this plane although i'm not sure what it's been up to lately.
This 747 was previously sold to another airline 1-2 years ago who repainted it in their livery. When United got it back, they just slapped 'United Charter' over the other carrier's name, and put the tail to a generic navy blue. I believe they needed it in service super quick, so they couldn't afford the down time to fully repaint it.

Originally Posted by pbr6891

Thanks !
Yep, feel your pain. Got one of these birds yesterday on LAX-EWR. Nice Boeing Sky Interior and everything, but boredom set in early without IFE/WiFi and having exhausted all entertainment options on my iPad.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon

Yep, feel your pain. Got one of these birds yesterday on LAX-EWR. Nice Boeing Sky Interior and everything, but boredom set in early without IFE/WiFi and having exhausted all entertainment options on my iPad.
It drives me insane that UA can't manage to keep these non-IFE birds off the transcons, especially the 'premium' ones like LAX/SFO.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by aacharya
It drives me insane that UA can't manage to keep these non-IFE birds off the transcons, especially the 'premium' ones like LAX/SFO.
Given the VX-competition near-shuttle service on the EWR routes, not sure they're really "premium" these days, even if they should be.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bunky
Suspect 752 N508UA may have left the fleet- shown as a 5/13 exit - been in LAX since 5/21
752 N510UA has been in IAH since 5/5 - unit to become new ps unit - possibly in reconfiguration mod somewhere??

744 Maint:
N174UA sked to exit HKG 862/4Jun
Suspect N181UA will enter HKG - en route 869/2Jun

Airbus WiFi: A320: N403UA, N410UA - A319: N839UA have operational WiFi
752 N510UA p.s. mod will take place in IAH once maintennance is completed.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
This 747 was previously sold to another airline 1-2 years ago who repainted it in their livery.
It was leased, not sold.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aacharya
What I don't understand is why they put aircraft in operation without IFE in the first place.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by halls120
What I don't understand is why they put aircraft in operation without IFE in the first place.
They are in no rush ... less weight = more fuel savings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.