Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

EQM Limit from Chase Mileage Plus Platinum Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EQM Limit from Chase Mileage Plus Platinum Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Potreroflyr
My card pre-dates the "Club" card and I wouldn't pay for a Platinum card, so guess I have the plain 'ol Select card.
The Club card came out at the same time as the Select card. The Select card has a $95 fee.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
For me, this is the only reason to keep this card.
I like the 3 RDM / $ for UA spend too....

But, you are right, the 5,000 EQM's is the most attractive benefit.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
With the MP Visa Signature, up to 5000 EQM's for a $5K spend on UA.com. (and only on UA.com)
Is it only United.com and not Continental.com also? I spent a while tonight doing an audit of my account and the only way I could get it to come close to balancing, is by adding in my Continental.com purchases this year.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K,MM
I believe you are correct, as my Continental Mastercard began rewarding United purchases several months ago.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Do you get the EQM when buying Award Accelerator miles on UA.com?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Do you get the EQM when buying Award Accelerator miles on UA.com?
no -- not considered a flight purchase
Old Dec 30, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Continental, Starwoods, Leading Hotels
Comparison of MP/UA Credit Card features

We still have the American Express Platinum Card. Which up til this year, has meet our travel needs. Since the merger, this strategy is increasingly unsatisfactory.

I started looking into getting a MP/UA Chase card. It looks like the Presidential Plus is no longer available. Does anyone know the differences between the Presidential Plus and the Club card? Why was the Presidential ended?

I would mostly use it for getting into the UA Clubs while we travel.

Any opinions?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 2:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HeartLake
I started looking into getting a MP/UA Chase card. It looks like the Presidential Plus is no longer available. Does anyone know the differences between the Presidential Plus and the Club card? Why was the Presidential ended?

I would mostly use it for getting into the UA Clubs while we travel.

Any opinions?
The major difference is the PresPlus had Flex EQMs and the Club card give 1.5 miles for every dollar spend. Both include UC membership.

There are other minor items but as you noted PresPlus is no longer available for new customers.

More on the Club Card in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...fficially.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.