Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Arrival/Departure Lounge Options at EZE" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Arrival/Departure Lounge Options at EZE" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The duty free shop by baggage claim is the arrivals lounge. One can shower in Eau du Stank.
There is an arrivals lounge?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
RCC in Buenos Aires. Opening time, and are there showers there?

Have been there 4 or 5 times in last 2 years, and I cannot for the life of me get a picture of it in my mind.

I could draw a pretty accurate floor plan of several RCC, but this one is a total blank in my mind.

With only single UA flight these days from IAD it is still a full RCC, or is it a shared lounge with some other carrier?

We will use it again in the next week or so.

The UA flight arrives about 10am and departs about 9pm.

Does anyone know what time of day it OPENS?

And are there SHOWERS there?

Thanks in advance.

Glen

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 5, 2010 at 8:26 am Reason: moved to consolidated thread now that OP has been given answers to their question
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello.
I was there in 2006 and i don't think it has showers but I could be wrong.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:00 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
there is basic info each RCC on the United site
Red Carpet Club: Buenos Aires
no showers listed, hours vary depending on the day of the week
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
It's a crappy RCC. No showers.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
It's a crappy RCC. No showers.
Why would it normally need showers? Most passengers are originating in BA from home or hotel not riding in from the pampas!

Lounge hours are about 2-hours before UA flights. It is not generally open for other STAR carrier flight hours. If you have an Amex card, there is a very nice Amex lounge with separate rooms for Plats and Centurions. No showers there either.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Why would it normally need showers? Most passengers are originating in BA from home or hotel not riding in from the pampas!

Lounge hours are about 2-hours before UA flights. It is not generally open for other STAR carrier flight hours. If you have an Amex card, there is a very nice Amex lounge with separate rooms for Plats and Centurions. No showers there either.
To be clear, I'm not saying it is crappy because it doesn't have showers. It is a crappy RCC *and* it doesn't have showers.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
LH, AC, and now CO use EZE RCC also. It is open from the mid-after b/c AC flight leaves earlier. The revenue from the pax of these airlines probably is justifiable to keep this RCC open.

There is no shower but does have free wireless internet. The pw is always the same.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Apr 4, 2010 at 5:01 pm
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
When I was there in 2006 there was also the option of going to the "Varig" lounge!. Which I did. It was tiny, but they did have better sandwiches than the RCC
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: Ex. Somebody, now a disloyal Nobody
Originally Posted by ozstamps

With only single UA flight these days from IAD it is still a full RCC, or is it a shared lounge with some other carrier?

I was there in February. It is small but at least it has free booze and better food than the Domestic RCCs. It has wireless as well. It will fill up.

The web site says it opens at 3:45. I don't know if that's true. In Feb, the UA check-in counter opened up at 6:30pm for the 10pm flight. Thus, if you have bags to check, you cannot get to the RCC until the check-in counter opens (perhaps 5:30 for 9pm flight).
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for replies. We have a ton of time to kill before the UA flight.

And was hoping to find a place with wifi and a shower as we'll be in planes for a lonnng time before getting to EZE.

As EZE incredibly does not have anything remotely like an airport hotel, I was hoping something would be open.

The nearest hotel to EZE is about 30 minutes each way, on a $30 each way cab ride plus all the security nonsense on way back in.

Thanks for the tip on the Amex lounge shareholder .. ANY Amex holder has access . . that sounds pretty wide open?

We both have cards, in fact I assumed half the folks in EZE would possess one!

Glen
Old Apr 4, 2010, 4:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Thanks for replies. We have a ton of time to kill before the UA flight.

And was hoping to find a place with wifi and a shower as we'll be in planes for a lonnng time before getting to EZE.

As EZE incredibly does not have anything remotely like an airport hotel, I was hoping something would be open.

The nearest hotel to EZE is about 30 minutes each way, on a $30 each way cab ride plus all the security nonsense on way back in.

Thanks for the tip on the Amex lounge shareholder .. ANY Amex holder has access . . that sounds pretty wide open?

We both have cards, in fact I assumed half the folks in EZE would possess one!

Glen
Actually the Amex Lounge is rather nice. If you have a Green AMEX your in the main part of the lounge( nice but sometimes has a good crowd ). However, if you have Platinum or Centurion there are two seperate lounges for each one. The give you an additional key card to access those lounges. The Platinum room has upgraded food and beverages, nice selection of canapes placed at 7:00 p.m. and many snacks. I normally spend an hour or more there before I go to the RCC for the EZE-IAD flights.

There are no showers but Wifi is available. I normally head over to the RCC for the final hour before my flight. Last month I noticed that RCC had a larger crowd then normal. There seems to be an EU carrier ( their passengers had access to the RCC, probably*Gold ) leaving right before the EZE-IAD flight.

I have never uses either on arrival as you land in a different area and are directly lead to Immigration control. Hope this helps..
Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:17 am
formerly MNLGuy

Programs: UAGold/MM DL AA
I was there in February... Decent food, but saw no showers... If you are just transiting EZE, if you exit security and come back in, you'll have to pay the $18 departure fee (at least I did a year ago when I had to do that)...

If AC is using the lounge, I would presume that it would open earlier (the AC flight is at 3:45 pm 5 days a week). In the past (2007) I arrived at 11 am and was able to use the lounge until evening departure...

Good luck!
Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
LH, AC, and now CO use EZE RCC also. It is open from the mid-after b/c AC flight leaves earlier. The revenue from the pax of these airlines probably is justifiable to keep this RCC open.

There is no shower but does have free wireless internet. The pw is always the same.
Originally Posted by MNLGuy
If AC is using the lounge, I would presume that it would open earlier (the AC flight is at 3:45 pm 5 days a week). In the past (2007) I arrived at 11 am and was able to use the lounge until evening departure...
This must be recent because I flew the AC flight several times through last summer and the RCC was always closed, opening time on the door was an hour after the AC flight. That meant no STAR lounge and I never did find the one AC contracted with since I just slipped into the Amex lounge, which for most AC departures was right across from the gate.

As noted, the Amex lounge is open and free to anyone holding any version of the card from any country. If you show a Platinum or Centurion (Black) card, you get a cardboard card with a bar code that you swipe to get into one or the other side room dedicated to the "elite".
Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw another report the Amex lounge does have showers?

No-one can recall for sure?

Yes does seem odd the RCC is not open for the AC flights mid afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.