FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Arrival/Departure Lounge Options at EZE" Thread [Merged]
Old Apr 4, 2010, 4:05 am
Flying Machine

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Thanks for replies. We have a ton of time to kill before the UA flight.

And was hoping to find a place with wifi and a shower as we'll be in planes for a lonnng time before getting to EZE.

As EZE incredibly does not have anything remotely like an airport hotel, I was hoping something would be open.

The nearest hotel to EZE is about 30 minutes each way, on a $30 each way cab ride plus all the security nonsense on way back in.

Thanks for the tip on the Amex lounge shareholder .. ANY Amex holder has access . . that sounds pretty wide open?

We both have cards, in fact I assumed half the folks in EZE would possess one!

Glen
Actually the Amex Lounge is rather nice. If you have a Green AMEX your in the main part of the lounge( nice but sometimes has a good crowd ). However, if you have Platinum or Centurion there are two seperate lounges for each one. The give you an additional key card to access those lounges. The Platinum room has upgraded food and beverages, nice selection of canapes placed at 7:00 p.m. and many snacks. I normally spend an hour or more there before I go to the RCC for the EZE-IAD flights.

There are no showers but Wifi is available. I normally head over to the RCC for the final hour before my flight. Last month I noticed that RCC had a larger crowd then normal. There seems to be an EU carrier ( their passengers had access to the RCC, probably*Gold ) leaving right before the EZE-IAD flight.

I have never uses either on arrival as you land in a different area and are directly lead to Immigration control. Hope this helps..