Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2004, 9:37 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NeoOfTheCRS:

UA is now listing E as a regular revenue code. Mostly in conjunction with the new TED fares such as ETEDS or ETEDNR.
</font>
Indeed. But I just got an "EBIZ" fare code on a MKE-ORD-YHZ itinerary, which literally doesn't come within 1000 miles of Ted. The fare rules on united.com seem to show "E" as being a refundable, nearly unrestricted fare just below Y/B and before M. Unfortunately "WHEN THESE FARES ARE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIPBASIS WITH PENALTY OR RESTRICTED FARES TO FORM A RT/CT/OJ ITINERARY THE MOST RESTRICTIVE PROVISIONS WILL APPLY" which negates that in my case (the other half's on S/T fares).
Old Mar 2, 2004, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
This is such a useful thread I thought I'd bump it back up.

I was actually searching for published fare rules but have not been able to find anything useful.

I want to use my UK *G upgrades (valid on Y B M H fares) to upgrade a flight in April. H fares are currently quite high for that period and I wanted to buy a Q (or V), then arrive early at check-in, see what the upgarde list looks like, and upgrade to the higher H fare (if it is still available, which it should be) and upgrade on the spot. If there are no seats left for upgrades, nothing lost. If there are, I may pay a small remium but figure I'm still better off.

Question: Does anyone know whether I can upgrade the Q (or V) to H on UA and what the typical fee for this is?

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2004, 9:20 am

bump as per other thread for FLYDCA.....

Also - LondonElite - not sure if you can buy up on the day - I thought most H M B fares had advance purchase restrictions? From a fee perspective - as long as the new fare is more expensive there should be no change fee.

On another note - had a colleague on a Q fare who was running late for a UA flight out of LHR due to his late inbound connection. I think he was about last to turn up at the gate - asked if he could use his *S voucher and the agent took it and printed out a C boarding pass in an instant. (Probably due to the late arrival at gate and a very risky strategy.....)
Old Mar 25, 2004, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by matthewuk:
bump as per other thread for FLYDCA.....

Also - LondonElite - not sure if you can buy up on the day - I thought most H M B fares had advance purchase restrictions? From a fee perspective - as long as the new fare is more expensive there should be no change fee.

On another note - had a colleague on a Q fare who was running late for a UA flight out of LHR due to his late inbound connection. I think he was about last to turn up at the gate - asked if he could use his *S voucher and the agent took it and printed out a C boarding pass in an instant. (Probably due to the late arrival at gate and a very risky strategy.....)
</font>

Very risky strategy indeed! Wondering whether to go UA or LH...holding UA H fares at the moment but may switch to LH.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 2P... just 2P.
Worth a sticky?

I also suggested it for the sticky thread in the MR forums.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rufus102
Worth a sticky?

I also suggested it for the sticky thread in the MR forums.
How about 1 sticky thread at the top of the forum, with links in it to the threads that have been deemed sticky-worthy? This would cut down on the waste of space that several sticky threads would create.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nerd
How about 1 sticky thread at the top of the forum, with links in it to the threads that have been deemed sticky-worthy? This would cut down on the waste of space that several sticky threads would create.

This idea has a lot of merit IMO.

Such a thread might possibly be termed:

A United Airlines "FAQ" thread that new users might find answers a lot of routine questions

or whatever.

Otherwise you may end up with the entire first page of a large Forum like UA with 20 "sticky" threads covering:

1. Upgrades - how to get and how to use them?
2. Drink chits - How to get them - and how many?
3. Who can access RCC?
4. How far can you fly on a single SWU?
5. How do I transfer E certs?
7. Who gets E+ seating?
8. What is the best Biz class seat on a 747?
9. Choice of a 757 or 767 to IAD .. which is best?

10. ... well, we all get the picture I am sure.
Old Apr 6, 2004, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by papa3
OZStamps,
I'm having trouble getting this to work. When I follow the instructions I get all the way through the search for flights and then "No Qualifying Flights" listed. Nothing about what award seats are left or have been allocated. Am I missing something?
thanks,
Papa3
OZ - First of all thanks for this wonderful thread - I too hope it is made sticky!.
I have the same problem as Papa3 with getting "No Qualifying Flights" when I follow your instructions. How can I see what seats are available?

Also, what if the code you are looking for is not even listed - ie. there is no code "I" listed under the availability vs a listing of I0.

Finally, is there any way to search for upgrade or free seats on a particular itinerary with a certain date range (instead of just on a particular day). If not, we should certainly suggest that to UA.
Thanks

Last edited by dcpremex; Apr 6, 2004 at 10:40 am Reason: Adding text
Old Apr 6, 2004, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If there shows "No Qualifying Flights" that AFAIK means there are no award seats for the flight you are seeking.

Not sure if I understand the other part about "I0" and no "I" at all showing?

For a RANGE of dates I have found phoning to be a faster option .. yes there is no way to ask the website to throw up upgrade/award options for a spread of dates. UA staffers can of course do this on their keyboard.
Old Apr 7, 2004, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
If there shows "No Qualifying Flights" that AFAIK means there are no award seats for the flight you are seeking.

Not sure if I understand the other part about "I0" and no "I" at all showing?

For a RANGE of dates I have found phoning to be a faster option .. yes there is no way to ask the website to throw up upgrade/award options for a spread of dates. UA staffers can of course do this on their keyboard.
Sorry if I was confusing. What I meant is that often not all the booking codes are listed. So is there a difference if a code is shown with 0 seats available or if the code is not even listed for that flight.

Hope you can arrange to make this s sticky thread at the top
Old Apr 20, 2004, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nerd
bump & I concur
Old May 15, 2004, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by MCOisHOME2ME
bump & I concur
Old Jun 8, 2004, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uh-oh. Looks like the onslaught of UA-forum stickies has started.

No chance of having one moderator-controlled thread which has links to all the threads that are deemed sticky-worthy?

As oz noted above, there are probably a dozen threads on this board that seem to get referenced all the time (booking codes, RCC drink chits, 747/777 C seat preferences,... ). It would be a bit of a clutter to have the entire first screen of the UA forum covered with stickies.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'll later update page #1 that "Z" class heavily discounted Business Class fares CANNOT (offically) be upgraded using either miles or SWU's or Sales Dept upgrade certificates.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
I'll later update page #1 that "Z" class heavily discounted Business Class fares CANNOT (offically) be upgraded using either miles or SWU's or Sales Dept upgrade certificates.
However, Z fares were upgradable using Sweet Spots. Does anyone happen to know where Z fares fall in regard to operational upgrades? Would a Z->NF upgrade be considered essentially a double upgrade, or would it be possible if C is oversold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.