Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread listing all known UA revenue and award booking codes and a summary of each one

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2004, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
LGA_UAL - yes, in the referenced thread I linked to it was lamented that 1K 'Sweet Spots' Certs would of course have achieved a 'Z' fare upgrade to F with no incident. Shame is that the Sweeties ALL expired at the same time, a few months back, and are now history of course. I asked here several times and it appears there were no exception later dates printed/stamped on Certs ever posted here for those upgrades.

Any UA gate agent can and will do (within reason) pretty much whatever they see fit to get a full plane out on time. "Operationally" upgrading a Z pax to First on a 3 classer is now and always has been possible at gate - as indeed is upgrading a V or W class coach pax to First if they choose, (or even staffers, coff!) but I personally would NOT hold my breath hoping for the latter.

Last edited by ozstamps; Jun 8, 2004 at 11:11 pm
Old Jun 9, 2004, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 2P... just 2P.
Originally Posted by nerd
Uh-oh. Looks like the onslaught of UA-forum stickies has started.

No chance of having one moderator-controlled thread which has links to all the threads that are deemed sticky-worthy?

As oz noted above, there are probably a dozen threads on this board that seem to get referenced all the time (booking codes, RCC drink chits, 747/777 C seat preferences,... ). It would be a bit of a clutter to have the entire first screen of the UA forum covered with stickies.
I was going to start one but:
1. I would have to maintain it - not a bad thing except for:
2. I would not know if a thread was worthy of inclusion in the sticky thread or not. Equally, I would not really know what to include in the initial post.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 11:39 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Folks, let's keep this thread focused on its topic.

Questions/suggestions/complaints about format, to-stick-or-not-to-stick, or other moderator actions are best dealt with, per Randy Petersen, by a PM to a moderator, or, in extreme cases, to Randy.

Thanks!

Chuck
aka cblaisd
Moderator, United
Old Jun 9, 2004, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Went in earlier to edit in the "Z" fare upgrade info and found that under the New FT software, single posts over 10000 characters are not allowed. Post #1 is 13,600. So nothing can right now be added or even or edited out changed by original poster unless it is first deleting 35% of post.

I asked Randy if he might approve re-setting the default to 15,000 or 20,000 for long posts such as that and he has just agreed. I'll update it later this afternoon when the techies put this change in place.

Thanks to Randy and Mods for their indulgence. Sorry for delay on this.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
what a great classic thread - thx
Old Jul 3, 2004, 10:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
The method is good, but you have to ask the system for saver awards in Y or F and it will only return information on a flight if XY or XF are available, respectively.

If you are looking for NF (upgrade to domestic 1st), it may be impossible to obtain the information. NF may be >0, but if XY and XF are 0, the web site won't tell us.

eg. I can search on saver F and a flight doesn't come up. I can search on saver Y and the flight comes up as "R0 X5 N7". If it were "R0 X5 N0", there would be no way using the method in this thread to be able to get the information we want. So, is there a more reliable way?

Last edited by Kremmen; Jul 3, 2004 at 10:33 pm Reason: added example
Old Jul 8, 2004, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It now seems that the special 1K coach awards are no longer booked in "E":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=27

So I've just deleted that reference on post #1 unless someone contradicts this. I still am cautious to post that "E" is used by United to book mainline coach tickets ex Canada unless someone specifically confirms that.

We got reports on this thread Feb 8, 2004 that "E" class was used to book LCC "Ted" flights.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....8&postcount=75
Old Oct 12, 2004, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
I'm soooo confused.

I am trying to find some nice mileage earning routings on a cheap L fare (OAK-BOS) to use for the double mile promotion. Expedia will let me ticket against that fare with the following itinerary on 10/29: OAK-UA508-DEN-UA568-BOS. Very good, but not a good routing for a MR (let's see an LAX and SFO in there at least).

So I try ITA which won't price this out as an L fare. I then go to availability tool and find this:

OAK BOS OCT/29 1700 UA ->

[1] OAK DEN 29/1657 29/2015 UA508 F9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 [320]
[JOURNEY TIME 577 MIN.]
DEN BOS 29/2355 30/0534 UA568 F9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 [752]

So it appears that there is no L availability at all. What is going on here? Is there L inventory on these flights or not?

It appears earlier in this thread a couple of people we asking about this situation - but were never answered. What does it mean when a fare bucket isn't listed for a flight (I would think that it meant no availability, but how can
expedia ticket it then)?
Old Oct 24, 2004, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1P
*deleted* since it contained faulty information.

Last edited by cakobau; Apr 20, 2005 at 12:52 pm Reason: original post contained wrong info...sorry.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:54 pm

I've somehow managed to get a co-worker on a SEA-IAD nonstop flight that is somehow booked in an "E" code. I called UA 1K res and they won't upgrade him with my various (paper) upgrades saying an "E" fare is non-upgradeable. Now, since this is a nonstop mainline flight how on earth did he end up with a Ted booking code?

It was booked through a Corporate booking (itn.net) based tool. Thoughts?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mymiles2go
I've somehow managed to get a co-worker on a SEA-IAD nonstop flight that is somehow booked in an "E" code. I called UA 1K res and they won't upgrade him with my various (paper) upgrades saying an "E" fare is non-upgradeable. Now, since this is a nonstop mainline flight how on earth did he end up with a Ted booking code?

It was booked through a Corporate booking (itn.net) based tool. Thoughts?
E booking classes should be upgradeable, unless there's something specific to that fare. For example:
500 - Mile Upgrade Terms and Conditions

3. Upgradeable Booking Classes: This upgrade may be used on United Business (C,D) and United Economy fares (Y,B,M,E,H,U,Q,V,W,S,T,K,L) in Region 1, except where the terms and conditions of sale state that the booking class is not eligible for an upgrade.
From http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50027,00.html
Old Nov 13, 2004, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by ozstamps
It now seems that the special 1K coach awards are no longer booked in "E":

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=27

So I've just deleted that reference on post #1 unless someone contradicts this. I still am cautious to post that "E" is used by United to book mainline coach tickets ex Canada unless someone specifically confirms that.

We got reports on this thread Feb 8, 2004 that "E" class was used to book LCC "Ted" flights.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....8&postcount=75
My apologies if this has already been posted but I thought I'd clarify how the booking codes on the mileage plus website actually work. United's mileage plus booking codes are now (and have always been) XF, XC, XY, NF, NC and NY. The booking codes seen on the mileage plus web site (R, O, N, X, I, E) are just translated in the ITN system because the ITN system is not able to handle 2 letter booking codes. At the time that the mileage plus booking system was being developed, none of those translated 1 letter booking codes were being used. The 1 letter booking codes are not used by United in that context and appear only on ITN. When ITN makes a mileage plus booking on United's system (Apollo), the codes are translated back to the usual XF, XC, XY... booking codes that United uses.

As many previous posts have noted, United added E and U for Ted fares and have also started using O, I and X for Star Alliance award redemption. Thus, don't confuse the mileage plus booking codes seen on the mileage plus website with United booking codes seen on other websites, especially E, as they don't refer to the same thing.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the clarification, and welcome to FlyerTalk, pathways!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:59 pm

Special NY fares for 1K members (Economy Saver Award Seats)

Now that code E on the United.com website is a Ted fare, I was wondering how to identify if there are any available NY fares (The 25,000 mile domestic award ticket only available to 1K's)? Can you look at the website and figure it out? Do these type of reserved seats even still exist for 1K's? As a 1K, will I ever have to book a 40,000 mile domestic ticket again?

Thanks,
Goonly
Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:53 am

perfect, exaclty what i needed. thanx alot for the perfect list...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.