Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1P and GM traveling together--Priority Baggage on both?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1P and GM traveling together--Priority Baggage on both?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
and not true elite traveling? believe no.
The faux-1K sponsored traveler can but that the other can not The first traveler does not have full elite privileges -- no lounge access, ....
plus even for elites is a a bit of an effort (and not guaranteed) to get someone on a separate PNR in E+
Correct, not true elite traveling. Last month I fly my in-laws to SFO on my miles and they were given all privileges although don't know if they tried to use lounge on an int'l itinerary.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:41 pm

What is a 1P? Do you mean 1K?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Indelaware
What is a 1P? ....
1P was the shorthand for PremExec -- the =>50K to <100K level for PMUA. This is a PMUA thread -- couple of years old.

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
....Last month I fly my in-laws to SFO on my miles and they were given all privileges although don't know if they tried to use lounge on an int'l itinerary.
Non-elites traveling on award tickets from elites account will get some of the elite privileges -- such a security / boarding / bags BUT not lounge and upgrades.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, AA MM/Gold, Hilton Gold, Sheraton Gold
There may be a policy on priority bag tagging but IME it seems to be more agent discretionary. Traveling from JNB to LHR on SAA yesterday my wife and I (both plat) invited a couple new friends, both GM's with AC flying SAA to JFK, to "tag" along with us to the premier position. Both had their bags priority tagged.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
"Priority"

Priority bag check. You and spouse and most of the rest of the plane who all have credit cards Getting to be a bit of a joke imho. Half of the bags come out "priority" now.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:22 pm
fwh

Originally Posted by SFnFlaGuy
Hello Everyone!

If a 1P and GM are on the same PNR, I know they get the same 3 bag allowance...but do they both get "Priority" Baggage Tags?

Thanks for the info!
Yep, my companion was on the same PNR and she got the tags too.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
1P was the shorthand for PremExec -- the =>50K to <100K level for PMUA. This is a PMUA thread -- couple of years old.

Non-elites traveling on award tickets from elites account will get some of the elite privileges -- such a security / boarding / bags BUT not lounge and upgrades.
Just one data point. I was able to get my in-law (traveling with my 1K award ticket) upgraded on a transcon flight last summer. YMMV.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: MANY
Originally Posted by lax2010
Just one data point. I was able to get my in-law (traveling with my 1K award ticket) upgraded on a transcon flight last summer. YMMV.
This is a known "bug" in the system . The status of account from which miles are used usually is carried over.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: MANY
Originally Posted by fwh
Yep, my companion was on the same PNR and she got the tags too.
+1. When my family of 5 traveled together on US, we checked total of 12 bags (it was a ski trip), with priority tags.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by double_black77
This is a known "bug" in the system . The status of account from which miles are used usually is carried over.
I would call that a "feature", not "bug" :-).
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lax2010
I would call that a "feature", not "bug" :-).
Maybe not if it meant you did not get your upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.