Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

So long 1k. It was nice while it lasted. Official goodbye to elite status thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So long 1k. It was nice while it lasted. Official goodbye to elite status thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:57 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Goodbye all you old 1Ks... will miss chatting with you up front

Seriously though.. this day will come for me one day... just not this year.
I wish all of the former 1Ks on here luck on the upgrades as 1P/2P. In a perfect world, all FTers would be 1Ks and everyone else would drop from the ranks. But to honestly say I'll miss the competition for upgrades (UDU and SWU) would be a lie.

The day will come for me too. I think I'll get to 100,000 EQMs this year, but who knows what 2012 will bring for travel. I doubt Mrs. MBS will re-qualify in 2011--the 120 segments for her will be VERY difficult.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
I'm assumng that an award flight ticketed today falls under non-1K rules down the road if it's cancelled or changed. If not, time for me to get on the phone!
Correct, but at least I dodge the phone booking fee right now. By the time I need to make changes or cancel, I should be 1K again, so no problems there
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by kb1992
Oh boy

Mass drop out in 1K rank.

I got the impression that starting tomorrow, there will be a lot less competition in UDU.

I have two BOS-SFO trips booked next month, hoping for UDU to F.
Thanks for the well wishes.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Appear to be quite a few 1K Lites flickering away tomorrow...adios!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
I am celebrating my return to 1P'ness (am I allowed to type that?) in style. Managed an u/g to C via SWU down here to Brazil, and although I will no longer be a 1K I have a confirmed u/g in C waiting for on the return trip next Sunday.

That celebration will be short lived as I have Australia/New Zealand in March, Japan in May and Brazil again also in May. 95% chance I will be riding in the back for all of those. Ouchies.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
Perfect Conditions for at least One DQM Promo in 2011

Originally Posted by Shareholder

A significant reversal in the number of elites to the level before the two rounds of 2009 DQMs might be a strong incentive for UACO to have at least one DQM promo this year. Folks who have tasted elite status might be hungry for more, and what would be better than for UACO to get them flying to regain status by offering a DQM promo, raising revenue along the way? @:-)@:-)
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:11 pm

I will be dropping to 1P tomorrow also, having been 1K 5 of the last 6 years. Made an award booking and changed the routing couple times this month. Not sure about returning to 1K this year, but for sure will go for 1MM since it's so close (0.986MM currently) !
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by UA1K4EVER
A significant reversal in the number of elites to the level before the two rounds of 2009 DQMs might be a strong incentive for UACO to have at least one DQM promo this year.
Or maybe the numbers are right where they want them and DEQM is a thing of the past?

Originally Posted by UA1K4EVER
what would be better than for UACO to get them flying to regain status by offering a DQM promo
How about expecting them to fly 100K EQM by not offering a DEQM promo? Thus making 1K more valuable?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by JetAway
It'll be interesting to see if the IAD-SFO UDU is easier tomorrow.
Ah, a Hope springs enternal optimist!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Nice post!^
+1
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
Hey! We're just sliding down the upgrade list a little, which is NOT actually the same as death.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by PVDProf
Hey! We're just sliding down the upgrade list a little, which is NOT actually the same as death.
Sorry my friend... it's nice while it lasted, indeed.

1P isn't too bad, if you pick the flights carefully. Most of time UDU would still clear, and you get 100% RDM bonus, plus *Gold card for int'l lounge access.

Loss of CR1s is not really such a big deal. But loss of SWUs really hurts.

Yeah, I agree with you, it's NOT actually the same as death.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA G
Au revoir, profile updated. :sniff:
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dhammer53
I've been flying UA since 1988. I've been PremEx since 2001.
Last year I finally made 1k. Today is my last day as a 1k.

Who else will join me in bidding adieu to 1k?
Today was my last day. Like you, I made 1K last year after nine years as a 1P.

It was nice while it lasted. While I will miss 1K, my encounters with the disgusting TSA are also down in frequency, so that balances out the 1K loss just a bit.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kb1992
Oh boy

Mass drop out in 1K rank.

I got the impression that starting tomorrow, there will be a lot less competition in UDU.

I have two BOS-SFO trips booked next month, hoping for UDU to F.
+1

and if my Hawaii flights go ahead on Sun then Im already 25% of the way to 1K for '12. For some strange reason I find it easier to hit 1K on UA then I did Plat (75k) on CO all the yrs that I did over there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.