Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
It is the 3 cabin 763. Moved to the 2nd exit row as the first exit row has no recline.

Thank you!
Best seat in the house
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
According to EF, 6 H+C are blocked on both my flights (ORD-LHR r/t).
Are these crew rest, or do they eventually open up, and if so, when?

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
They open exactly 24 hours before the flight.
Actually, even better, they open up at check-in. So if you're flying in from somewhere else you have a jump on everyone else (in my case 6 hours). Nice perk for we poor slobs who fly from non-hubs ; )
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold, AA, UA, DL
Bassinet in Polaris Business

How do the baby bassinets work in J on the 763? Has anyone tried?

Previous answers are most likely out of date since the advent of Polaris.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tearsplash
How do the baby bassinets work in J on the 763? Has anyone tried?

Previous answers are most likely out of date since the advent of Polaris.
Not so. The aircraft are still exactly the same. Except for the single 763 which has been converted, and no one has actually seen that aircraft, since it's not yet in service.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Asiana Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Are there really seats in economy on transatlantic flights that have no seatback display? Am flying from LHR - EWR on 767.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by Gregorious90
Are there really seats in economy on transatlantic flights that have no seatback display? Am flying from LHR - EWR on 767.
The 2 class 763s have AVOD seatback entertainment in Y, the 3 class 763s have the looped entertainment on ancient screens; however, both aircraft (I believe all of the fleet have gone through the modification at this point) have personal device entertainment which you can stream to your device via the United app. Unfortunately, the 3 class aircraft don't have plugs in Y so just be aware of that.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by Gregorious90
Also, Exit Row seats on the sUA 3 Class birds have monitors on swing up arms. they must be stowed for take off and landing -- no finishing the last few minutes of the movie.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Looking through this and don't see anything definitive. Flying solo on LHR - EWR and have the option of at least one of the two middle seats in row 7, 8, and 9. What's the best option out of that lot? Thinking 7 (because it's furthest away from the galley) and I don't mind rear-facing
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Looking through this and don't see anything definitive. Flying solo on LHR - EWR and have the option of at least one of the two middle seats in row 7, 8, and 9. What's the best option out of that lot? Thinking 7 (because it's furthest away from the galley) and I don't mind rear-facing
Since you probably aren't sleeping, rear facing isn't a priority. I generally don't find galley noise to be an issue during day flights thanks to my Bose headphones, so any of the seats would be fine for me. If you're worried about the noise, go with row 7.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Duke787
Thinking 7 (because it's furthest away from the galley) and I don't mind rear-facing
Yes, forward is better in this cabin, as all the action (galley, lavs) is behind you.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Started skimming here but can't go through all 59 pages.

Have a P ticket that includes ORD-IAH on this configuration (for now at least). If this configuration sticks, how do I get to pick from rows 1-2? EF and UA both show them as empty, I also see I'm on an upgrade to united first. Does that mean I would have to upfare to "A" or wait to try and cpu into the cabin?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, you would need to buy an A or F fare, or otherwise upgrade from J to F: using an instrument or waiting for CPU.
BThumme likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by findark
Yes, you would need to buy an A or F fare, or otherwise upgrade from J to F: using an instrument or waiting for CPU.
I will have upgrade priority over all GS/1K who get cpu'ed from Y to J though, correct? So basically hope there aren't 6 other 1K's/GS who don't have a business ticket then? ( I will no doubt be at the bottom of CPU priority).
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by BThumme
I will have upgrade priority over all GS/1K who get cpu'ed from Y to J though, correct? So basically hope there aren't 6 other 1K's/GS who don't have a business ticket then? ( I will no doubt be at the bottom of CPU priority).
Basically yes. Pax on a paid Economy ticket with an upgrade to Business are not eligible for a further upgrade to First.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier
Flying in Business on a red-eye ORD-LHR, on a 3-class 763, and hoping to sleep. Are some seats better for that than others? Do any of the seats have large footwells?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.