Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: drewguy
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a sUA 767 (3-class International)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Nice shots, UA_Flyer! Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by seanp7
Nice shots, UA_Flyer! Thanks.
Agreed ... but what's with the LH shots at the end?????
Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Obviously, it's not AVOD. Like I said, in order for it to be AVOD, UA either needs to change the screens to touch screen or add a remote control to it.
Does asking the purser to recycle the tapes count as "on demand?"
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: M+ 1P Marriott SPG
From my purloined (today) copy of Hemisphere:

"The folks in coach are all being treated to new digitally fed [note: surely this should be digitally-fed?] video, ergonomic seat-bottom [or perhaps this should be seat bottom to be consistent grammar?] cushions, and restroom improvements, among other cabin enhancements."

It continues:

"And once at the destination, as everyone files past to exit, their glances at the new, and by then empty, United First Suites show that even higher levels of privacy, comfort, and control are oh-so-close."

So envy is apparently also being installed in the coach cabin.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA/Prem Exec, HH/Gold, TW/Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I always read & work, with the airmap on!
The last trip report someone posted shoed lots of problems with the airmap ... anyway, I expect the old crap to not work. I'd expect the new crap to work! This also appears in the manually performed safety briefings. It just looks bad is all I'm saying ...
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by jmhayes
The last trip report someone posted shoed lots of problems with the airmap ... anyway, I expect the old crap to not work. I'd expect the new crap to work! This also appears in the manually performed safety briefings. It just looks bad is all I'm saying ...
I flew the new C Suite on Feb 10. Everything worked fine. AVOD functions were flawless and zoom in/out functions on airmap worked perfectly. Other than the seat width could be a little wider (my subjective comment), UA has a winner in my opinion.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by das
Is it AVOD, or do the movies play in a loop? I know the airshow is new but not sure if the movies are AVOD or not.
The current seats doesn't even have a stop, forward, or backward button, how does it make it to be AVOD ? In order to do that, I don't think changing the armrest can make it to AVOD, it probably have to replace the entire seat.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Feb 15, 2008 at 2:13 pm
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
I flew on it a few days ago...

Absolutely no AVOD in Y, period. The movies are digitally-fed, meaning they dumped the crappy tapes, but not AVOD.

The seat bottom didn't feel any different to me, so, not sure there.

There was all new upholstery and carpet. Which actually causes a minor inconvenience: the tray table is much more difficult to lock in place because the upholstery around the table is not broken in.

Bathrooms didn't look any different (other than I think they were cleaned or replaced), but they had the three bottles in the holder which I thought was only for C & F. Maybe that is the bathroom enhancement.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by HaeMaker

Bathrooms didn't look any different (other than I think they were cleaned or replaced), but they had the three bottles in the holder which I thought was only for C & F. Maybe that is the bathroom enhancement.
The three H2O bottles were there before, if you didn't see it before, probably they took it out to refill, and forget to put it back. Those bottles also existed in Y on P.S. flights.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist

They have 3 point seatbelts in F and C, I have never seen that before.
I must have missed it. I don't remember the 3-point seatbelt in my C seat. I was, however, busy playing with the IFE the entire flight, and might not have noticed the seatbelt change.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I must have missed it. I don't remember the 3-point seatbelt in my C seat. I was, however, busy playing with the IFE the entire flight, and might not have noticed the seatbelt change.
I didn't sit there, might have only been F. The safety card was a bit vague on which class that applied to.

If you weren't wearing it, I am pretty sure the FA would have told you to put it on prior to takeoff/landing, so I might be wrong about it in C.

By the way, it is an extra belt that clips into the main seatbelt, so it is optional for cruising.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, LH Cattle Class, SPG
Originally Posted by sancarlosbob
So envy is apparently also being installed in the coach cabin.
LOL ^
Old Feb 15, 2008, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by sancarlosbob
From my purloined (today) copy of Hemisphere
As a FT member, you are not supposed to take those, you are supposed to sign them and put them back.

You now have to sign every Hemispheres in the next RCC you enter.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't sit there, might have only been F. The safety card was a bit vague on which class that applied to.

If you weren't wearing it, I am pretty sure the FA would have told you to put it on prior to takeoff/landing, so I might be wrong about it in C.

By the way, it is an extra belt that clips into the main seatbelt, so it is optional for cruising.
The three point seat belt is in first class only due to the angle of the seats from the centerline of the aircraft. The angle is thought to present different loading on your body and therefore the three point belt is required only at take off and landing, optional at all other times.

Old Feb 17, 2008, 8:29 am

I flew in C yesterday SFO-JFK. Plane was delayed coming in from JFK, then delayed almost another hour after our crew boarded and were briefed on the new configuration. Total delay 3 hours.

I sat backwards. That part was ok, especially if you close you eyes at taxi and takeoff. The seats were nice, but 50% too small.

The seat next to me was empty, I needed it to put my book down every now and then, it was the only place my book would fit besides my lap

There is absolutely no spare space. On takeoff and landing one isn't allowed to have anything in or near the seat at all. Not even your own cup of coffee from Starbucks. Not even a purse. There is no seat pocket. They made me stow my book!!!! No carry-on is allowed at your feet. Everything must go up top. They were extremely strict , but nice, about this. I wasn't prepared for it, forgot to get kleenex out of my bag etc.

Although the screen was gorgeous and huge, the video didn't work for most of the flight. It had apparently worked fine inbound from JFK. We were all given skykits in C.

Since it was the first flight in this config for the cabin crew too, it was a bit of a party atmosphere, with everyone (crew and passengers) telling each other new features as they discovered them. Kinda fun.

There was a Suit (who was some kind of Ambassador-flight attendant) and a Mechanic on board during the flight, working very hard the whole time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.