Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Air China awards not on UA.com (on & off issues), cancelled tkts and other issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China awards not on UA.com (on & off issues), cancelled tkts and other issues

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:27 pm

didn't see it

Originally Posted by kb1992
Air China award online is finally back this morning. ^
I could not find any Air China ticket at united.com. Where did you find it?
THanks
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Yuguo Mao
I could not find any Air China ticket at united.com. Where did you find it?
THanks
Same here. I cannot see ANY CA flights on united.com still.

Searching for PEK-HNL. Never shows on the days when it operates, yet it shows up just fine for award search on www.ana.co.jp. Neither do any short-haul CA flights show at all, as connections or direct, either (e.g. PEK-TYO only shows NH and OZ connections, but no CA, ever).

What is the trick to get CA to show in united.com award search results, if anyone has been able to actually get it to show ANY CA flights at all lately?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Same here. I cannot see ANY CA flights on united.com still.

Searching for PEK-HNL. Never shows on the days when it operates, yet it shows up just fine for award search on www.ana.co.jp. Neither do any short-haul CA flights show at all, as connections or direct, either (e.g. PEK-TYO only shows NH and OZ connections, but no CA, ever).

What is the trick to get CA to show in united.com award search results, if anyone has been able to actually get it to show ANY CA flights at all lately?
I see plenty of short haul CA awards (PEK-CTU, PVG-PEK etc.)

Apparently international CA awards are still blocked?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by kb1992
I see plenty of short haul CA awards (PEK-CTU, PVG-PEK etc.)

Apparently international CA awards are still blocked?
Ah, that would make sense, so only domestic CA flights show. I was only searching int'l (short and long), that's why I didn't see any likely.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:51 pm

Similar experience on SAUA.

Booked a round trip SFO-PEK via air china on class W.

ExpertFlyer says there are several reward business class on that flight.

Going through UA's website trying to get a SAUA request. First time, it says there are some tech issues, please come back later. Second try says your flight has been upgraded.

Waited for a few days, called Air China and the representative says it's not upgraded. Come back to UA's website, same results (first try tech issue, second try upgraded).

I believe there's something wrong with Air China-UA connection... Wondering anyone has similar issue?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:57 pm

UA not able to book Air China's international flight?

AirChina international flights wide open on ANA, called UA but the agent said no seats available +- 3 days! What the hell is going on with UA? Anybody has any idea?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by achillesheel
AirChina international flights wide open on ANA, called UA but the agent said no seats available +- 3 days! What the hell is going on with UA? Anybody has any idea?
Yes it's a known problem.

Air China Awards Not Available on united.com
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is the OP trying to get an award ticket or just to purchase a ticket from UA that includes an Air China segment?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I came to know this problem about a month ago. However, you could call and ask the agent to help you even if you could not find any international award flights on United.com. Now what, NOTHING! [Language edit by Moderator.]

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the OP trying to get an award ticket or just to purchase a ticket from UA that includes an Air China segment?
Award ticket, X class

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Nov 28, 2015 at 11:51 pm Reason: Combine consecutive posts of same member; Language edit per FT Rules.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It sounds like award space ANA was mentioned and probably using their award availability tool. It's not a new issue if this is the case. UA controls award space on partner carriers to avoid having to pay the other carrier and the reverse is also true.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by grahampros
It sounds like award space ANA was mentioned and probably using their award availability tool. It's not a new issue if this is the case. UA controls award space on partner carriers to avoid having to pay the other carrier and the reverse is also true.
It's also possible that the NH space is phantom.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:00 am

It's also possible that the NH space is phantom.
Not usually. It's normally an issue of star blocking on awards based on what each carrier is willing to pay for the space.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by grahampros
Not usually. It's normally an issue of star blocking on awards based on what each carrier is willing to pay for the space.
I'll repeat, it's possible the NH space is phantom. It happens.

If OP sees the same space on Aeroplan, that increases the possibility the problem is on the UA end. And if so, the problem is likely IT related rather than due to any nefarious motive.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I can confirm all of this above.

~NH Space *can be Phantom no question
~Air China awards are basically gone. I tried before T-72 and after T-72 both online and phone to change my trip this week. Nothing came up. In August I was able to get an seat T-72.

YMMV This is for IAH-PEK and PEK-IAH which always almost has 0 load in F.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:28 am

I'll repeat, it's possible the NH space is phantom. It happens.

If OP sees the same space on Aeroplan, that increases the possibility the problem is on the UA end. And if so, the problem is likely IT related rather than due to any nefarious motive.
No K it does not increase the possibility it's an IT issue just because it shows under Aeroplan. That's not how this game is played. It's carrier by carrier if they are going to honor points based on the specific agreement they have established they will exchange in return. Carriers block each other from redemption all the time. It's most commonly the US carriers that either block or are blocked the most given the volume they generate. It's also a currency issue. US carriers generally award far more miles or points for the amount spent so the currency has a lower value in trading with non us carriers.

Last edited by grahampros; Nov 29, 2015 at 12:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.