Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Digital Redesign Update: Beta of new united.com site publicly available for all

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2015, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
13 May 2015 Update -- publicly available link (no sign up required) -- https://beta.united.com/ual/en/us/

also see Next steps for the new united.com
Has instruction about how to force the use of the beta or traditional site.
Print Wikipost

Digital Redesign Update: Beta of new united.com site publicly available for all

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Being able to book a GPU or RPU instantly is a huge improvement - previously, grabbing R space would default to miles/copay and getting an agent to sort it out was a huge headache every time.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Platinum, National Exec
How does one go about indicating their interest in being selected for future preview program participation?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: United mileage Plus 1k and Million Miler, Krisflyer, Air New Zealand, Qantas, Virgin
I wish I'd had access to this last week as I booked 4 15,000 mile, multi destination flights. it was a nightmare and I didn't come close to getting what I needed, let alone wanted, and wasted several hours. Also, internal web derived conflicts within 'my account' didn't allow me to use my preferred United Explorer card (which I've used previously without problems), losing them $7+ in sales, and forcing me to use a different Visa card.

As I haven't been contacted about beta use, I assume I'm not on list either. Let's hope those that are, run into enough bugs to get them fixed.

But what I see above, could have helped ease my bookings.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Wish I could be invited! Can people who are on it, provide screenshots?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: CO Infinite Platinum & 2MM; Lifetime CO Presidents Club; Hilton Diamond
Great news. Hope I'm Invited z
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador & LTT, National Executive Elite
Great to hear and looking forward to the roll out. Haven't received an invitation yet, but would love to!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
I would love to be invited to preview the site. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - President's Circle
I figured the same...

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
What's the betting we'll lose fare class availability.
I just started Beta testing the new .bomb. You can turn on expert mode and fare class shows when booking!! ^^
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by craigsnyc
I just started Beta testing the new .bomb. You can turn on expert mode and fare class shows when booking!! ^^
Were you a member of the former preview program? I was and have not seen anything from UA w/ a link, etc..
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
I am on it now. Seems pretty user friendly.

I really like you can book GPU's instantly or it shows waitlist only.
So I don't know if this question is appropriate to ask.. but can you share the link for the preview page? I assume it requires a login and I'd like to just try it out. If not appropriate.. then I'm sorry I will just wait.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:14 pm

Excited to see these changes! Would love to be invited, but for those that are please post screenshots and what you think!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
If not appropriate.. then I'm sorry I will just wait.
Appropriate? That's what FT is for! The preview URL for all of the previous sites, which used to ask for a login, isn't working for me.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by Asiatraveler15
I am on it now. Seems pretty user friendly.

I really like you can book GPU's instantly or it shows waitlist only.
Lucky you!

Does it now allow award booking for multi-city over three segments? Award booking for open jar three segments or more? Thx!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
Appropriate? That's what FT is for! The preview URL for all of the previous sites, which used to ask for a login, isn't working for me.
Same here.. I've tried.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Thank you UA Insider. Am on it right now and it looks pretty neat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.