Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

p.s.® Premium Service Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: diburning
A recap of some of the key features of the p.s. product:
  • 28 seats in United BusinessFirst with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus (36" pitch)
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video on-demand entertainment.
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi for a fee (all cabins; no waivers for elite or premium cabin passengers)

The Global First Lounge at JFK is open, welcoming Global Services members seated in United BusinessFirst on p.s. flights, as well as customers on connecting United Global First itineraries.

For other passengers in BusinessFirst, access to United Club at LAX, SFO, and JFK for departure and arrival.

As of 24 October, 2015, the Global First Lounge and United Club at JFK will close, and on 25 October, 2015, p.s. service will be transitioned from JFK to EWR. A mixture of p.s. configured 757 and TATL 757 (with 16 BusinessFirst seats) aircrafts will be used for the transitioned service.

No CPU. Only miles or instrument-supported upgrades.

Premier members who request a MileagePlus Upgrade Award on or after 1 February, 2015, for a p.s. route between New York JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco will no longer be exempt from the co-pay. Same Co-Pay requirements apply following the transition to EWR. LINK

Fare Basis (Co-Pay Each Way)

Y, B (no co-pay)
M,E,U ($75)
H,Q ($125)
V ($175)
W ($225)
S,T,K,L,G,N ($250)
Print Wikipost

p.s.® Premium Service Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Every PS flight i'm on in coach I attempt to order the Chicken Stir Fry dish located in the hot item section of the menu and it's never available. I talked to an FA who said she never seen that dish served on any PS route she has been on. I think its time UA update their coach menus.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
When did they cut the snack basket? (bananas, chips, cookie, toblerones)

I was on 841 yesterday, and the FAs confirmed the snack basket is gone, and a warm cookie is the replacement. My prior PS flights in January had the basket.

Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Maybe I'm ignorant, but it seems to me that the snack basket should be cheaper than warm cookies. Bananas aside, the entire snack basket is non-perishable, while warm cookies are a one-shot deal,
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
while warm cookies are a one-shot deal,
or are they....?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Phil Level

I was on 841 yesterday, and the FAs confirmed the snack basket is gone, and a warm cookie is the replacement. My prior PS flights in January had the basket.

wow. if anything, i think a lot of smaller companies would love to have their 'gourmet' products be featured in the p.s. snack basket for the exposure. i must be wrong.

i wonder if it disappears from hawaii flights as well.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Phil Level

Gotta love trashy UA. Start making elites pay for upgrades and cut the service at the same time.

These guys are a joke.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTTE, Hertz Platinum
No More Red eye / 6 AM JFK / LAX PS Filghts?

Im trying to book a seat on the 6 AM flight on the 17th of March and for some reason the earliest out of JFK is 830 AM. Did they cancel that super early AM flight?

Also I dont see the red eye available either on the return.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Isolated day-of-week schedule cuts. Try a more descriptive thread title next time. The suggestion that the 6am/redeye JFK-LAX-JFK flights are "no more" is misleading... it takes all of 30 seconds to check a few other dates.

FWIW, EWR has early flights, as do UA's competitors on JFK-LAX @:-).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTTE, Hertz Platinum
I think I should go buy a lottery ticket because I did 3 or 4 timetable searches before posting this thread and none of them had either PS flight. So I wasnt trying to be misleading, we wondering if they canceled the routes.

Originally Posted by EWR764
Isolated day-of-week schedule cuts. Try a more descriptive thread title next time. The suggestion that the 6am/redeye JFK-LAX-JFK flights are "no more" is misleading... it takes all of 30 seconds to check a few other dates.

FWIW, EWR has early flights, as do UA's competitors on JFK-LAX @:-).
Also I just booked out of EWR on a 757200 with the flat beds, thats the key with the PS route that early. I know there is an early LAX flight but it has the crappy F seats.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:38 pm

Hi, I am not sure anymore but did they suppress saver awards in BF on PS or are they available sometimes? Thanks.

Actually no, they do still exist (e.g. for this Saturday) but they are very rare.

Last edited by af fp; Mar 5, 2015 at 8:47 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Shame. AA's equivalent JFK-LAX/SFO; MIA-LAX flagship service (both in F/J) offers both the snack basket and warmed cookies.

Link to recent trip report
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Shame. AA's equivalent JFK-LAX/SFO; MIA-LAX flagship service (both in F/J) offers both the snack basket and warmed cookies.
AA and DL have stronger offerings.

I'll know soon, but probably B6 as well.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by af fp
Hi, I am not sure anymore but did they suppress saver awards in BF on PS or are they available sometimes? Thanks.

Actually no, they do still exist (e.g. for this Saturday) but they are very rare.
Very rare indeed. I generally only see them a couple days out on flights that are extremely lightly booked in BF. It seems they are holding back as they try to sell upgrades.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Flying SFO-JFK 15 May (2053 redeye) and JFK-LAX on 16 May.

JFK-LAX cleared with a RPU at booking (R2, now R0, friend got other R seat).

R0 on SFO-JFK, but ug cleared today (about 1 week after booking). Early red-eye has dinner in BF - typo or accurate?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by af fp
Hi, I am not sure anymore but did they suppress saver awards in BF on PS or are they available sometimes?
Very very difficult. You need to check frequently and book immediately if you see what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.