Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.​
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
UA1420 05Sep EWR-PBI 737-800: We departed the gate on-time. When we were #3 for the runway the Captain came on and did a hello. Midway through I could hear the F/O say to him, "Listen up!" It turns out the pilot of the plane behind us saw a fluid leak from the left engine. We pulled off, and after an inspection, were OK'ed to return-to-gate. 90 minutes later we were boarding a different plane, with the same crew. But after the pax were boarded, they were still transferring the bags from the first plane We finally departed the gate 2-1/2 hours after the original schedule.

After a good flight, we pulled up to the gate at PBI. You guessed it, the jetway wouldn't move. So we had to be tugged back and into another gate. And at the second gate, for a reason not explained, it took a good ten minutes for that jetway to pull up and the door opened.

The crew was great -- good communications from the Captain and friendly/efficient FAs. While I hate mx delays like everyone, I'm thankful for the keen eye of the pilot in line behind us.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:14 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Sept 4 MCO to IAD UA 1764

Ground stop at MCO due to thunder boomers at IAD. We did not board until two hours late. Then thunder at MCO closed the ramp for almost two hours.

We arrived at 2001h - 4 hours late.. Lot of missed connections.

The agents at MCO were great. They called people up in order of lateness to protect them on other flights if possible. Most of the people going to LHR were put on standby and others rerouted through FRA on the 10pm flight.

Got to IAD and went to the UC at C17 to get ticket reissued and new boarding passes. UC person said it was crowded downstairs and gave me a coupon to the Global First lounge to get ticket and boarding pass. Was nice, easy and agent gave me a free OP upgrade to business on the FRA flight.

NICE -- and surprising great CS!!!
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Some problem in Houston today Thu 10 Sep? Just arrived in BTR (on Delta) at 5pm to see deserted UA gates and the remaining 3 UA flights today cancelled in both directions, IAH-BTR-IAH.

Very glad to be on Delta today
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Ouch... 5.5hr MX delay on UA1073 SFO-BOS. Both later flights are zeroed out and many other hub-hub flights are also zeroed. Hope it doesn't cancel.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
UA1259 EWR-CLE delayed 50 minutes to replace broken pilot seat.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nice one UA

9/18 BOS-LAX UA1942 753 cancelled due to operations

relieve flight this morning

9/19 BOS-LAX UA2097 753 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Fight on UA4453 between Pilot vs Copilot - Flight delayed five hours in Texas

Anyone on UA4453 Saturday which was delayed for five hours in Texas due to a crew fight?

More info: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-and-co-pilot/

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-into-a-fight/

Last edited by ceieoc; Sep 21, 2015 at 2:46 pm
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: VX Gold; UA Silver (BLAH!); HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by transportprof
UA 328 SFO-HNL on Sep. 3 reported 5.5 hours late due to maintenance. This flight is not in the regular SFO-HNL schedule and brought an ITPE 777 over to the islands. It will be covering SFO-HNL flights for the next couple of days. More flat beds to the islands!
Was passenger on UA328 from Sep3 and here's the skinny:

This was DEN-HNL service where paperwork showed "above normal" oil burn rate on #2 engine for N215UA (yup the one with no seat power yet). Mass confusion on the ground with gate agents and customer service agents somewhat confused themselves. Initial delays were stated to be in the 6 hour range. Flight attendants told passengers to go to Customer Service for food vouchers; who then wound up saying to go back to the gate instead. In the beginning chaotic process of handing out vouchers they hurry up and board UA328 "for immediate departure" for an airplane swap at SFO. So boarding concludes, and then everyone sits on the ground for 2 hours on the plane while they work on #2 engine with food vouchers in hand. Eventually service completes and the airline says the plane is no longer ETOPS certified due to the maintenance hence the short flight to SFO. (My read is they had no spares in DEN).

Replaced the plane with the ITPE 777 N787UA as indicated, presumably until N215UA had reattained ETOPS certification and was available for Hawaii service again.

Annoying and sadly, a more routine experience in my travels than I care to admit.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
UA1101 DEN-LAX Yesterday, a series of issues, 1. Delayed by LAX ATC. 2. Delayed by MX. 3. Sick FA had to be replaced. Finally got out of there 2.5 hours late.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Angry Two planes with mechanical problems.

I had UA 450 IAH-PHX last night. The inbound flight from MIA was delayed by 15 minutes. No big deal, right? Unfortunatley....UA decided not to use that aircraft, citing unspecified "Mechanic Issues." I really don't know what that means....but I know what it resulted in: they changed the inbound aircraft to one from LAS. Then the aircraft from LAS had air conditioning problems, which caused another delay on the ground, after it arrived.

The IAH-PHX flight was supposed to take off at 9:30. The flight had to wait for the inbound LAS flight until 11 PM. As a result, we didn't leave IAH until 11:30. I was originally supposed to land in PHX at 10:00, but instead I arrived at 12:15 the next day.

I highly doubt that the issue with the original aircraft was mechanical. More likely, they didn't have crews on the ground until the LAS flight arrived. I have given up trusting this airline, and what they say.

The true result: I needed 5 hours of sleep last night, so I arrived at the office 2 hours late, to the chagrin of my manager and clients. What a comedy of errors.

Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
United Flight 1214 - 10/3/15
Status: Delayed due to operational difficulties (Estimated Departure 1 Hour 57 Minutes Late)

Flight is tomorrow from DFW to DEN. Aircraft arrived DFW tonight about 22 minutes late due to late inbound aircraft.

What are the odds this will actually go out at 11am instead of 9am? I don't want to sit around DFW for 2 hours unnecessarily .
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by limey1K
What are the odds this will actually go out at 11am instead of 9am? I don't want to sit around DFW for 2 hours unnecessarily .
I'd say the odds were very good, since it actually left at 11:13 but made up some of that delay in the air.

What did they say were the "operational difficulties"?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:21 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by limey1K
... What are the odds this will actually go out at 11am instead of 9am? I don't want to sit around DFW for 2 hours unnecessarily .
However it is risky to show-up late -- due to possible equipment swap (lower chance of that at DFW but always a possibility).
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
However it is risky to show-up late -- due to possible equipment swap (lower chance of that at DFW but always a possibility).
I chanced it and got there planning on an 11am departure. Crew showed up at 10:40am. I didn't bother asking anyone what they meant by "operational difficulties" as I'm so used to being lied to by UAL when it comes to delays.

I had a flight last week that left PHL 20 minutes late because they took forever offloading the carry-ons that wouldn't fit. Doors closed and then an older lady pressed her call button and , after a discussion with the FA, they disarmed the doors and opened the forward door. FA spent another 5 minutes with her to then yell forward that "She's good to go, re-arm the doors". Delay was shown as "Catering" on the app.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
UA1820 DEN-GRR on 10/4 landed approximately 10 minutes early. Operations could not get us into a gate for 20 minutes. Once I stepped foot off the plane, it took 55 additional minutes for the first bag to hit the carousel (not to mention priority tagged bags did not come until more than half of the bags were already out). Absolutely terrible, as I need to be at work in 4 hours now... lost an hour of sleep due to worthless, incompetence of the ground crew. The baggage office agent did not even bother to make an announcement regarding the delay. Many P.O.'ed pax including myself. First time I have checked a bag in 4 months, and I was re-acquainted with UA's treachery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.