Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Michael D
Previous threads: 2014 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

2013 "Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU)" Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)
2012 "Upsell Offers to Business/F (UFC, PCU)" Questions/Discussion [Paid Upgrades]

PCU (Premium Cabin Upsell) Nets extra PQM's and can be done at purchase or anytime before checkin if prompted. This will book into a business/first bucket.
UFC (Upgrade For Cash) is done at checkin (online, counter, lounge, gate) and will not earn extra PQM's.
Print Wikipost

2015 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RDU-ORD
N Fare ($71 o/w)
After booking offered an upgrade for $229
Declined, obviously
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
IAH-ANC
S Fare
T-1h 30m before boarding, US$259
ACCEPT!

I was #7 on the waitlist, with only two seats. Earlier, the app was giving me a price of US$509. Declined that, but when I checked later, it dropped all the way down to US$259. I grabbed that real quick! It was great because I felt sick on my flight into IAH and I was wondering how I would ever get through the 7 hour flight to ANC. The Flyertalk gods answered me!!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
One more data point.

ANC-ORD redeye
S Fare
T-12 hours or so before boarding, US$259
Declined

I just spent that much on an upgrade yesterday when I really needed it (wasn't feeling well). Feeling much better this morning and figure I can deal with my E+ seat, so I declined. But that offer was GONE about an hour after I saw it. If someone else got that offer, they were very prudent to grab it. Good price.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Yeah, those are great deals for upgrading on such long flights.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
upsell offer

June 10: UA # 1962, IAD - DEN. S class offered up to BF for $ 159.00. I was
# 4 on the upgrade list with one seat available.
Accepted.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Ruhr
One more data point.

ANC-ORD redeye
S Fare
T-12 hours or so before boarding, US$259
Declined

I just spent that much on an upgrade yesterday when I really needed it (wasn't feeling well). Feeling much better this morning and figure I can deal with my E+ seat, so I declined. But that offer was GONE about an hour after I saw it. If someone else got that offer, they were very prudent to grab it. Good price.
This seems to be the standard deal. I fly out of ANC very frequently and am almost always offered this price for flights to ORD, DEN, and SFO. Sometimes I take it, sometimes I don't. Seems like you had the same rough feeling!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ruhr
IAH-ANC
S Fare
T-1h 30m before boarding, US$259
ACCEPT!
This ended up being a PCU. I got the extra 1.5x PQM (and maybe a little more PQD?) as I booked into a real P class fare for this flight. I can never tell whether the app is going to give me just a UFC (where I don't get extra PQM) or not. So I feel really lucky. Woo hoo!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
RDU-IAD-BRU-TXL
T Fare

At check in: Offered $79 for RDU-IAD (E75). Declined. No offer for IAD-BRU

Two hours after check-in: Offered $1189 for IAD-BRU (3 Class 777-200). Declined. If UA cuts that offer in half I'll take it.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
EWR-LHR

EWR-LHR #940
Thursday, 2 July
P Fare
Offered $5999 to F (online check-in)
3 seats available

Tempting... but declined
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
EWR-LHR #940
Thursday, 2 July
P Fare
Offered $5999 to F (online check-in)
3 seats available

Tempting... but declined
That's TOD!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
Two hours after check-in: Offered $1189 for IAD-BRU (3 Class 777-200). Declined. If UA cuts that offer in half I'll take it.
Offer went to $1589 and now $1989. I don't get it, there are 16 empties in C, the flight is oversold in Y, make me a decent offer and I will GIVE YOU MONEY, United!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Offer went to $1589 and now $1989. I don't get it, there are 16 empties in C, the flight is oversold in Y, make me a decent offer and I will GIVE YOU MONEY, United!
That is economically irrational behavior by UA, particularly if they're going to have to bump Y pax to J.

All those who claim UA inventory management is "savvy" please take note.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:56 pm

DEL-AMS : KLM B747
AMS-MSP : DELTA B767-400
MSP-IND : DELTA CRJ 900

Upgraded to Business(Z) for $303, when I called in 2 days before the flight requesting an upgrade. No negotiation.

Date : January 10, 2015 (Little late to post, but had to share)

Original Ticket: DEL-AMS-ATL-IND (Economy fare - N, N, T)

No status with Delta or KLM. First international flight with either of them.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by venusaur5391
DEL-AMS : KLM B747
AMS-MSP : DELTA B767-400
MSP-IND : DELTA CRJ 900

Upgraded to Business(Z) for $303, when I called in 2 days before the flight requesting an upgrade. No negotiation.

Date : January 10, 2015 (Little late to post, but had to share)

Original Ticket: DEL-AMS-ATL-IND (Economy fare - N, N, T)

No status with Delta or KLM. First international flight with either of them.
suggest mods move this to DL forum ?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That is economically irrational behavior by UA, particularly if they're going to have to bump Y pax to J.

All those who claim UA inventory management is "savvy" please take note.
Exactly. I got to the IAD UC and they offering $1589. Thankfully, the agent was able to confirm me in C for 20,000 miles and $550. I might add that this flight was showing "Waitlist Only" for mileage upgrades for the last few months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.