FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2015 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1642134-2015-upsell-offers-business-first-ufc-pcu-questions-discussion-paid-upgrades.html)

Ruhr Jan 2, 15 9:29 am

2015 Upsell Offers to Business/First (UFC/PCU) Questions/Discussion (Paid Upgrades)

SFO-DEN
L fare
After OLCI, US$129 offer on the app.
Probably deny.

This is a really weird one. I SDC'd into this flight, which is actually a direct flight from SFO-PHL. DEN was a hidden stop. I wasn't appearing on the upgrade list for both segments, so I called the Premier Desk and they fixed that. My DEN-PHL cleared last night. I am #2 out of 11. Only 1 offer is available, though I think there might be another open seat (and counting on someone hopefully missing their connection). So let's gamble. If I don't get it, at least I have a good exit row E+ seat for only a two hour flight.

wco81 Jan 2, 15 1:32 pm

subscribing

jasonp622 Jan 2, 15 2:03 pm

EWR-SFO, 1-1
V Fare
$619 offer with 19 of 20 seats booked
declined, but still got the CPU

ordogg Jan 2, 15 2:08 pm

ORD-LHR - K bucket, $1779 Y-C offered at purchase
LHR-ORD - K bucket, $1879 Y-C offered at purchase

bluedemon211 Jan 2, 15 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by jasonp622 (Post 24089908)
EWR-SFO, 1-1
V Fare
$619 offer with 19 of 20 seats booked
declined, but still got the CPU

That's impossible! There are multiple threads here that claim 1K's never clear the CPU list, let alone when 19 of 20 seats are taken. I cry foul ;)

Ruhr Jan 2, 15 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ruhr (Post 24088310)
SFO-DEN
L fare
After OLCI, US$129 offer on the app.
Probably deny.

This is a really weird one. I SDC'd into this flight, which is actually a direct flight from SFO-PHL. DEN was a hidden stop. I wasn't appearing on the upgrade list for both segments, so I called the Premier Desk and they fixed that. My DEN-PHL cleared last night. I am #2 out of 11. Only 1 offer is available, though I think there might be another open seat (and counting on someone hopefully missing their connection). So let's gamble. If I don't get it, at least I have a good exit row E+ seat for only a two hour flight.

Follow up to this. I did not bite, and didn't make my upgrade. Ended up #4 on the list. I did enjoy my short two hour flight in exit row.

bmwe92fan Jan 3, 15 7:00 am

NRT-SIN
J-F
$5,746 offered at OLCI at T-24

It was tough - but I passed.... Perhaps this is why I have not earned my GS status for next year yet even after spending 110k....

hscottm Jan 3, 15 9:39 am

$6000 for such a short flight? I know it's global first but that's nuts. You're a strong person to hold out.

Kacee Jan 3, 15 10:32 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan (Post 24093200)
NRT-SIN
J-F
$5,746 offered at OLCI at T-24

That's more than a RT F ticket in SQ suites would cost on that route.

Those who think there's any rational logic to UA's buy-up offers, please take note. There is not.

CO_Nonrev_elite Jan 3, 15 10:38 am

Originally Posted by bluedemon211 (Post 24090199)
That's impossible! There are multiple threads here that claim 1K's never clear the CPU list, let alone when 19 of 20 seats are taken. I cry foul ;)

No one is saying never, but rates are significantly lower than previous years. I went from 90% to 10%. I am a 12 year 1K, and I get nothing like what I used to get.

JVPhoto Jan 3, 15 11:32 am

EWR-MTJ I got CPU'd.
I checked in my friend flying with me (no status - T fare) and the offer was $404 for F.

I checked in my Dad & Brother (no status - S fare) flying SFO-DEN-MTJ and on the way out it didn't offer but already for the return next week it was offering $204 to upgrade MTJ-DEN-SFO.

CashN Jan 3, 15 11:54 am

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite (Post 24094049)
No one is saying never, but rates are significantly lower than previous years. I went from 90% to 10%. I am a 12 year 1K, and I get nothing like what I used to get.

I dropped from 90% pre merger to about 6% last year. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

acswank Jan 3, 15 12:59 pm

SFO-DEN
M Fare
18/24 booked

Offer for $56 prior to OLCI. I was going to take it as I would not have cleared as I'm only a Silver but, funny thing though, I repriced the flight in first and the new fare actually was lower by $89 than what I had paid. Obviously changed my flight and got the refund.

bmwe92fan Jan 3, 15 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by hscottm (Post 24093775)
$6000 for such a short flight? I know it's global first but that's nuts. You're a strong person to hold out.

Yes it took a lot of will-power - the soup is SO good... I am at T-10 now, and my offer has dropped down to $5,309 - have a look!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ecj1xt.png

MUST

RESIST

;)

Muckus Jan 3, 15 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by CashN (Post 24094444)
I dropped from 90% pre merger to about 6% last year. I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

That's about my change in successful upgrades too. And, that's why I will only fly UA in 2015 when it is the easiest non-stop option and everything else gets credited to Alaska...