Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
GS/Global Services is the highest tier of elite status. It is by invitation -- the invite criteria is not public but seems to require substantial annual spending with UA both in terms of absolute dollar amounts and purchasing higher fare classes (higher cpm - cents per mile).

GS have significantly enhanced services / benefits over 1Ks. There is little said publicly by UA on GS benefits and/or qualification.

Last years's thread, Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2014]
Thread on qualiflying for 2015, Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)
and a thread on FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Known facts from United:
  • Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier-qualifying criteria.
  • We look at your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.
  • Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabins or fully refundable tickets.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24280055-post276.html

We appreciate your commitment to United® in 2014, and thank you for making us your choice of airline so often throughout the year. We've carefully reviewed your request to be reconsidered for Global ServicesSM status. Unfortunately, based upon your flight activity, we are unable to extend a Global Services invitation for 2015.

As you plan your travel for 2015, here are a few things to keep in mind:

■ Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier®-qualifying criteria.

■ We evaluate your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.

■ Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabin or fully refundable tickets.

On behalf of everyone at United, thank you for your commitment and valued business. We appreciate that you make us your choice in the skies, and will look forward to seeing you on many future flights.

Best regards,
Your Global Services team
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by RealFan
I believe it's time for the new 2016 Global Services thread. Overall, I've been happy with GS the past few years and I hope the momentum continues in the right direction this year. Happy flying to my fellow GS FT members!
Hear Here!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Roger that!!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wxguy
Thanks forstarting http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ns-2016-a.html and with that we will close this 2015 thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.