Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:29 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz
Original Poster

Let's close this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2013-a.html

and start a brand new one for 2014

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 7, 2014 at 8:30 pm Reason: link
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
I just learned that complaint letters from Global Services members about a specific flight attendant will automatically trigger "termination warning" disciplinary status for the flight attendant, at least for employees of the Continental subsidiary, according to the CAL Association of Flight Attendants, http://calafa.org/rumors (items 350, 380, 411, 469, 510).

Is this a published benefit of the GS program?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I just learned that complaint letters from Global Services members about a specific flight attendant will automatically trigger "termination warning" disciplinary status for the flight attendant, at least for employees of the Continental subsidiary, according to the CAL Association of Flight Attendants, http://calafa.org/rumors (items 350, 380, 411, 469, 510).

I've never heard of this before and I don't see it as a "benefit." What's to say that a complaint from a GS customer that is factually incorrect or a rant/ whine should carry such weight that it triggers such an action?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mherdeg

This is not a published benefit but I believe it is true. I am friends with two different United attendants who tell me that it is. They tell me that a complaint against them from a GS member can get them fired.

It doesn't extend to United Express personnel, however, unfortunately. (I personally witnessed and complained about one a few months ago. I swear he was high on drugs. His behavior was deranged, and I felt threatened. He was running full blast up and down the center of the plane during flight banging on the bins, and other irrational behavior.)
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
I've never heard this, but I have noticed that in the last year flight attendants all seem to be bending over backwards to be very nice. If thats a benefit, I'll take it.

I wonder if the converse is true, do FAs get extra kudos if a GS member sends a complement?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Who wants that kind of power? It would have to be an unbearably abusive incident in order to justify that
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by manstein58
Who wants that kind of power? It would have to be an unbearably abusive incident in order to justify that
It does seem a bit unfair. At the link posted above, it looks like the Union is challenging this practice.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by mikel51
It does seem a bit unfair. At the link posted above, it looks like the Union is challenging this practice.
I don't think a complaint from a GS member automatically costs someone their job, just like that, but it could upon further investigation, and each complaint is at least a black mark. I have sent in a few compliments but don't think it results in any tangible reward for the employee. For me to complain about an employee knowing it could cost them their job would require some extraordinarily terrible behavior on their part and I have never done so.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by Chevelter
I don't think a complaint from a GS member automatically costs someone their job, just like that, but it could upon further investigation, and each complaint is at least a black mark. I have sent in a few compliments but don't think it results in any tangible reward for the employee. For me to complain about an employee knowing it could cost them their job would require some extraordinarily terrible behavior on their part and I have never done so.
Ditto
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: 1k
gs request to be considered

Called the 1k Mileageplus line; asked about whether I had qualified for gs; she said the checkbox on my account hadn't been marked as having requested to be considered for gs status; so she said she talked to the supervisor and they submitted me for consideration and said I would find out whether I'd be invited for 2014/2015 within 14 days. *shrug* Sorry if my post is redundant
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Platt, Marriott Gold
Greetings. I had been lurking on the 2013 thread for a while. I ended 2013 with 143K PQM miles, roughly 32K spend, and about 85% was first cabin. I messaged MP about GS consideration and heard the 14 days response time as well. I figure my chances are pretty low. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: 1MM UA Gold
No GS info on UA website

In 2013, at least there was a mention that GS existed, now it seems not to be mentioned at all on the UA website.

By the way, agree that a single complaint should not get a FA fired, unless there was egregious behavior that was confirmed by others.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by theise
In 2013, at least there was a mention that GS existed, now it seems not to be mentioned at all on the UA website.

By the way, agree that a single complaint should not get a FA fired, unless there was egregious behavior that was confirmed by others.
What the heck happened? Wasn't GS listed on this page before? http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:10 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by uanj
What the heck happened? Wasn't GS listed on this page before? http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...r/default.aspx
Doesn't appear so (archive from August): http://web.archive.org/web/201308261...r/default.aspx
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Well, if you ask Alex "What is Global Services" she directs you to a page with no mention of GS.

Does that mean there are no published benefits and we are now subject to program changes at any time? I guess we always were but it seems likely changes are coming if they have no put anything on the website for now.

And initially my mileage total did not add up. The total was correct but not the individual components. Now it adds up because everything has been zeroed out! And the onward links for account details give you error messages.

I guess they are having problems.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.