Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
GS/Global Services is the highest tier of elite status. It is by invitation -- the invite criteria is not public but seems to require substantial annual spending with UA both in terms of absolute dollar amounts and purchasing higher fare classes (higher cpm - cents per mile).

GS have significantly enhanced services / benefits over 1Ks. There is little said publicly by UA on GS benefits and/or qualification.

Last years's thread, Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2014]
Thread on qualiflying for 2015, Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)
and a thread on FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Known facts from United:
  • Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier-qualifying criteria.
  • We look at your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.
  • Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabins or fully refundable tickets.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24280055-post276.html

We appreciate your commitment to United® in 2014, and thank you for making us your choice of airline so often throughout the year. We've carefully reviewed your request to be reconsidered for Global ServicesSM status. Unfortunately, based upon your flight activity, we are unable to extend a Global Services invitation for 2015.

As you plan your travel for 2015, here are a few things to keep in mind:

■ Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier®-qualifying criteria.

■ We evaluate your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.

■ Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabin or fully refundable tickets.

On behalf of everyone at United, thank you for your commitment and valued business. We appreciate that you make us your choice in the skies, and will look forward to seeing you on many future flights.

Best regards,
Your Global Services team
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2015, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
All elites are eligible for this if they have the right Chase MP credit card (PresPlus/Club/Explorer)
Correct, I just was not clear enough. I meant to say not only GS. Since I am 1K that came to my mind first
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, UA 1k
Hmm... so I'll probably fly 230k BIS this year, and spend around $25k total. I'm at 120k PQM on United and have shifted back to AA to maintain EXP for next year.

Is this the right thing to do? I assume I've got no chance at GS with such a low spend, and no premium tix booked.

Even based out of Philly.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, AA PLT, DL Silver
Originally Posted by squarevince
Hmm... so I'll probably fly 230k BIS this year, and spend around $25k total. I'm at 120k PQM on United and have shifted back to AA to maintain EXP for next year.

Is this the right thing to do? I assume I've got no chance at GS with such a low spend, and no premium tix booked.

Even based out of Philly.
Correct strategy, make sure you get EXP in addition to 1K. Your lack of premium/ full fare tickets will prevent you from getting GS.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:23 pm
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Seems like 3 days/3 seats (used to be 5 days/5 seats) for clearing upgrades on domestic flights is now gone, per GS agent today. Definitely not a change I like.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Was told 4 seats for international and two days before departure. Not sure what it was before.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:44 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
I'm curious, what does globalservices.ua.bomb have? Just basic information about the benefits, or is there some secret sauce there?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:16 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
I'm curious, what does globalservices.ua.bomb have? Just basic information about the benefits, or is there some secret sauce there?
You're not missing anything.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Was told 4 seats for international and two days before departure. Not sure what it was before.
Just checked with a GS agent (one I know and have worked with over the years ) and she confirmed that there has been no change in the International uprade clearance windows. Upgrades can be cleared if F is greater than or equal to 3 at T72 or 1 at T24.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA GS
What's the rough PQD cutoff these days for the DC area? I'm planning my travel for 2016 and was thinking of gunning for GS
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:16 am

Programs: UA GS / 1MM; SPG Platinum; Hertz Gold; Global Entry / NEXUS
So what do you guys think is the cutoff from SFO this year? I fly a lot of PS flights and my hunch is that the move to EWR is going to cost them customers. Any sense of new leadership will try a different tactic besides alienating top customers?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:20 pm

I noticed something when upgrading a reservation of my Wife's (Sponsored RPU) that she cleared into PN class. I thought that since April, the upgrade right follows the status of the traveler, so if they are in Silver, they're likely out of luck, but this would imply that they are gaining GS upgrade priority.

Thoughts?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

Using a GS instrument still clears into PN, no matter the status of the recipient
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
GS saver awards T space

I use miles to book my kids award tickets on flights to/from school. That way when things change, which they seem to, I don't have to pay change fees.

It has been the case that when I use my (GS) miles, if I find a flight that I want with T space, that the phone GS agent can convert that into X or XN for the saver award.

Today when I called I was told they will only do that when the GS member is flying. That seems kind of silly, as I rarely am flying on awards myself (do they really want GS flying on awards?)

Has there been a change in policy or was I getting agents who didn't know the rules before? Or was today's agent wrong? She said she checked with a supervisor.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA GS / MM
Originally Posted by seacarl
Today when I called I was told they will only do that when the GS member is flying. That seems kind of silly, as I rarely am flying on awards myself (do they really want GS flying on awards?)

Has there been a change in policy or was I getting agents who didn't know the rules before? Or was today's agent wrong? She said she checked with a supervisor.
The agent was wrong, as was her supervisor. You (or someone with high status) will need to fly with them if you want them to get free E+ seats. HUACA.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by GS8101
The agent was wrong, as was her supervisor. You (or someone with high status) will need to fly with them if you want them to get free E+ seats. HUACA.
Second time recently when the GS agent didn't know the rules. Over the weekend I called to apply a GPU to international itinerary. I knew the over-the-water flight was PN0 and so it would only be waitlisted. The agent told me that she would only list the over-the-water so that I wouldn't be charged for the GPU if the domestic leg cleared, and that she'd put that in for the normal 5-day-out complimentary upgrade. I said, no, the domestic should be part of the request and if the over-the-water doesn't clear, the GPU comes back. She told me that I needed to use an RPU if I wanted the domestic to clear now.

Why aren't the GS agents trained anymore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.