Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to other threads if the question deserves its own thread.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to 2014's thread (now closed):

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2014 Thread]
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:17 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by xpacific
Haven't flown UA in a long time but am a million miler gold.

We used to get a couple of regional upgrades every year, but I can't see any in the My Account screen -- is this the right screen to look for them?
The regional upgrades you're referring to went bye-bye when united changed the million miler benefits a few years ago-now you get lifetime gold and can nominate a million mile companion benefit. Here's two threads fro your reading "pleasure"

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-2014-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...n-benefit.html
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Motorskills
I am 1MM. My wife is 1K via the spousal benefit, and she has her own MileagePlus account (albeit not much in it!). She is TSA-Pre-approved in her own right, as am I.

The last two times we have flown domestically on Award tickets, I have booked both the tickets from my account as part of the same transaction. And the last two times, the TSA Pre tickmark has shown up on my ticket, but not on hers.

Obviously an amount of random selection for screening is to be expected, however I suspect that she may be being added to my itinerary as a Jane Doe, because I'm missing a step here.

Anyone shed some light?
Did you put her MP # on her ticket? Sounds like you didn't.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 pm

GS status?

Hi, we are flying on an award ticket with GS status for the first time tomorrow. I read the thread titled to split or not to split..but I still have a few questions. If we split the PNR -would I lose GS status as the companion for the return? There is no available F space on the outbound, but the return has 4 open seats. I have read the Companion upgrade thread as well. If I say that we don't want to split the PNR now for the outbound - will I have another opportunity for the upgrade on the return?
Thank you!

Last edited by CherylD; Jan 23, 2015 at 7:15 pm
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Carry-on Question

Is the carry-on policy still one rollboard and a briefcase? I have not traveled much for the past two years. However, still MM Gold for life. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MIKEM
Is the carry-on policy still one rollboard and a briefcase?
Officially, it's one carry-on bag and one personal item. Your example of a rollaboard and a briefcase would fit that definition.

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/trav...eCarry-On.aspx
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Gold, UA Premier Gold
I'm i stupid or United can't do math ?

I'm the only one to travel .. 148 + 214 = 362
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, US, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Periodik
I'm i stupid or United can't do math ?

I'm the only one to travel .. 148 + 214 = 362
Bizarre. Do you have other segments on this itinerary that you have already flown? Perhaps the system has added the cost of an upgrade on those past segments for some reason?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: HH Gold, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by tjf739
Bizarre. Do you have other segments on this itinerary that you have already flown? Perhaps the system has added the cost of an upgrade on those past segments for some reason?
Nope. The first flight is on March 2.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Motorskills
The last two times we have flown domestically on Award tickets, I have booked both the tickets from my account as part of the same transaction. And the last two times, the TSA Pre tickmark has shown up on my ticket, but not on hers.

Obviously an amount of random selection for screening is to be expected, however I suspect that she may be being added to my itinerary as a Jane Doe, because I'm missing a step here.
Originally Posted by Baze
Did you put her MP # on her ticket? Sounds like you didn't.
That, or just add your wife's KTN (known traveler number) to the reservation.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Award upgrades

Hello! I am prem. plat flying award ticket one way (YN fare code). Am I eligible for upgrades on any of the flights that have a FC cabin and space available? I don't carry any United credit cards. Do I have to call to request?

Thank you!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Hello! I am prem. plat flying award ticket one way (YN fare code). Am I eligible for upgrades on any of the flights that have a FC cabin and space available? I don't carry any United credit cards. Do I have to call to request?

Thank you!
Unfortunately no-you need to have one of the UA CCs
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
If I'm flying ORD-IAH-BOG, then BOG-IAH-DEN, do I get lounge access via *G in ORD, BOG, and both times at IAH? Both connections at IAH are short (few hours).
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, US, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
If I'm flying ORD-IAH-BOG, then BOG-IAH-DEN, do I get lounge access via *G in ORD, BOG, and both times at IAH? Both connections at IAH are short (few hours).
You should be able to visit *G clubs, including the UC, at BOG, IAH, and ORD, in conjunction with your international itinerary.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:09 pm

I have a $50 UA voucher that expires today, Jan 27.
I live in Europe so I will not be using it. Is there a way to extend this?
If not, I guess the first person who wants it can have it. I hope im not breaking any rules. PM me.

EDIT: thanks for the advice guys. ECert is no longer available.

Last edited by PJV33; Jan 26, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:23 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by PJV33
Is there a way to extend this?
The general practice would be to purchase a refundable ticket (to anywhere) with the voucher. You would hen have one year to use those funds toward a flight you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.