Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We Are United" -- 2001 Campaign/Video

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:41 pm

Definitely pre 2001 . I venture to say that this video features people who are either dead / deceased or no longer work for United
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This link has been posted in this forum multiple times over the years in various forms and was repurposed as commercials also.

such as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-airlines.html -- which discusses multiple videos --- post 27 is one of the commercials

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ommercial.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-airlines.html (2001 post referencing the campaign)

This was (separately) a phrased used earlier in the merger to referred the merged workforce (so much for that)

Anyways if is always interesting when these are rediscovered.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:57 pm
Used to be 'TheManWhoFlewTooMuch'

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Delta Diamond emeritus, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
The video ends with a quotation from Glenn Tilton dated December 12, 2002 -- so I would guess that it was released in early 2003.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Sorry pmUA, it was never - never - about the lounges. A lot of that other stuff pho sho, but definitely not the lounges. And, it goes without saying, all the less so these days.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Sorry pmUA, it was never - never - about the lounges. A lot of that other stuff pho sho, but definitely not the lounges. And, it goes without saying, all the less so these days.
They did have international (and SFO) lounges...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Sorry pmUA, it was never - never - about the lounges.
The previous gen NRT RCC and beer machine was what it was about for me... On those SIN runs...sigh ...
Old Aug 2, 2014, 1:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pointlessly_1K
The video ends with a quotation from Glenn Tilton dated December 12, 2002 -- so I would guess that it was released in early 2003.
The Tilton quote makes this video a BK video, likely to rally troops. It's great to watch. Here's another, but from 1995, when UA was really firing on all cylinders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SiV2qmUGgc

Long Live the Tulip.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Definitely pre 2001 . I venture to say that this video features people who are either dead / deceased ........
Yep, they're one or the other, alright!!! ^
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic reminder -- Video / ad campaign from early 2000's.

Back and forward on pmUA/pmCO has been hashed over many times and is OT to this thread.

WineCountryUA
UA moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.