Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Post Your Favorite United Photos Here - Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Click here for instructions on how to imbed images. For the rules and guidelines for posting images, click here. Also, please avoid violating the copyright policies of other image-hosting sites, such as www.airliners.net or the privacy of other FT members (in general, please don't post a photo of another FTer without their permission). Finally, please do try and keep your image sizes down to as small as practical.
Print Wikipost

Post Your Favorite United Photos Here - Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
I was at 77 W Wacker this past week, and the tulip can be found pointing out the restrooms in the lobby.

Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
@SFO

Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
763 Getting De-iced at EWR on Feb 17, 2015

Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I call it...Sunset Friendly:

Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Flight Attendant makes a fort (no activity with flight deck door):
Attached Images  
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Flight Attendant makes a fort (no activity with flight deck door):
Haha, weird. Blocks access to the lav too, no?

By the way, what do you mean by 'no activity with flight deck door'? I imagine you're indicating that the fort wasn't attributable to cockpit door activity?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes, access to lav would be blocked.

And correct, the flight deck door never opened, so it wasn't like they were trying to visually block that the door would be open.

I really don't know what they were doing in there. That was the only time I have seen something like that, so I snapped a pic.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Yes, access to lav would be blocked.

And correct, the flight deck door never opened, so it wasn't like they were trying to visually block that the door would be open.

I really don't know what they were doing in there. That was the only time I have seen something like that, so I snapped a pic.
I'll give the FA an A for creativity, and might even share with my kids when I'm helping with the fort building with boxes, blankets, pillows etc. Truth be told, I'm as excited as they are when building a new fort!!!

All of that said, your FA's efforts are blocking the lav, for which I would simply pull the left side of the curtain away and mention my immediate needs to use the lav. Unlike the cable blocker thing used on 757's, I don't see why that would stop me from making a drink or lav request. This appears to be a FA being a little strange IMO.

This appears to be a 170 or 175?

Last edited by COSPILOT; Aug 4, 2016 at 1:27 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes. EMB175

He didn't keep the fort up very long and I didn't need to use the lav...so not really a big deal. I thought it was interesting / funny to see something like that.

Maybe he was cleaning up the galley area or whatever. It was a practiced maneuver, so I am sure this is a regular thing. Thought maybe someone else had seen it.

He was actually one of the better FAs of late. Very friendly and engaged, checking on everyone often.

Just makes me wonder what is happening behind the curtain....LOL
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Yes. EMB175

He didn't keep the fort up very long and I didn't need to use the lav...so not really a big deal. I thought it was interesting / funny to see something like that.

Maybe he was cleaning up the galley area or whatever. It was a practiced maneuver, so I am sure this is a regular thing. Thought maybe someone else had seen it.

He was actually one of the better FAs of late. Very friendly and engaged, checking on everyone often.

Just makes me wonder what is happening behind the curtain....LOL
Maybe he didn't want anyone to see how the coffee pot is cleaned and refilled.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:02 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thank you UA_Flyer for starting this thread and all contributors for sharing your favorite pics.

Here are some from my personal file:

Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
ORD last night:

Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: UA

744 doing a ferry flight from LAX to SFO 5-31-13.
am1108 likes this.

Last edited by thejaredhuang; Aug 17, 2016 at 2:40 am Reason: resized photo
Old Aug 16, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
LGA before pushback on an Airbus:

calm after a storm over ORD, coming in from ATL on a 737:
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

Right after wheels up to end July 4th weekend...wonder if folks can figure out the airport based on the runway structure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.