Wiki Posts
Search

"Expert Mode" Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Does this mean X awards, super savers will no longer be available on ExpertFlyer?
That's my best guess. Damm, I hope I'm WRONG.

Dave
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
I use expert mode almost every every day.

I was really happy when it was added because it saved me tons of manual searching/calling CO. Its a really big loss for me.

I should point out that if they are worried about scraping the data of the site, you can still get the information without expert mode, you just have to make a lot more queries.

9 * #of fare classe instead of 1 query per flight. So you would now have to make ~180 queries to get the same information on average. You could automate this process.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: United Platinum, American EXP
Originally Posted by bdraco
I use expert mode almost every every day.

I was really happy when it was added because it saved me tons of manual searching/calling CO. Its a really big loss for me.

I should point out that if they are worried about scraping the data of the site, you can still get the information without expert mode, you just have to make a lot more queries.

9 * #of fare classe instead of 1 query per flight. So you would now have to make ~180 queries to get the same information on average. You could automate this process.
not R however.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA GS
Does this mean X awards, super savers will no longer be available on ExpertFlyer?
My question as well. I have 30 alerts (max for a single subscription without an additional fee) set up to monitor flights over the holidays to the islands. If I call in twice each day and if my wife does the same, that's a total of 120 queries for agents to run through the new and improved method. If we multiply that by others weighing in on this thread, I see a huge staff increase coming. Believe me.....I will call in each day and so will my wife.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:37 pm

Like many recent changes this mainly affects elites, many of whom rely on this information when booking. The general public doesn't know this information exists nor do they use it when buying a ticket. More and more, it seems like UA's business plan is to diminish elite ranks to those who must fly UA, either because of routings/hubs or because of company contracts or policy. A captive clientele is a subservient and reliable clientele.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
shannon,

Will you also remove flight arrival and departure times from united.com as they are rarely accurate and given United's operations, most customers are very confused when comparing your timetable to reality.

The enhancement could be for new flight timings could be: "Crack of dawn" "Sometime after first coffee" "Afternoon Siesta" "Dinnertime for purchase" "Pitch Black" and my favorite "Manana"
My vote for post of the year.

I will say with all these 'enhancements" it is a allowing my SO to actually commute to work a lot easier on UA (vs using other Airlines) which hasn't the case in the past..assuming it is flying close to OT....
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Thanks for making it even harder to use my SWUs and CR1s, UA.

Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:41 pm

What is SWU and CR1??
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
sigh!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
What is SWU and CR1??
Antiquated terms for GPU and RPU respectively.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:42 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Very poor decision.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Just when you thought that this airline couldn't get worse and do another thing customer-unfriendly, we get this thread.

One poster said "race to the bottom" - there is no race - it's over. United has won. No contest.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA PRO
"Expert Mode" Changes

Heh heh. Soooo glad I jumped on the AA match. One more revenue round trip with UA (booked in December last year) and then never again. Woohoo!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Wow?!?! Just blown away!

I was going to say I can't believe they would do something so boneheaded, but I guess that they did.

If I can no longer see info for SDC, and info to verify upgrade shenanigans, then this is the final straw. Hello DL (or maybe AA).

Thanks for making the decision for me to switch to a new home UA! - what a bunch of dumb@$$&$ you have in management!

ps - Shannon - Good luck trying to spin this!

Old Sep 7, 2012, 4:46 pm

What is GPU and RPU??? They are not in the glossary.

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Antiquated terms for GPU and RPU respectively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.