Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Specific GPU and RPU usage questions thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mkasperzak
If the DidItClear website is going to be effective, it needs more members and trip upgrade data!

Please visit https://www.diditclear.com/ and include your trip experience with CPU's, RPU's, GPU's and any other means of upgrading available on United.

The better the data, the better the search results and experiential history.
Add / Edit Wikipost
Print Wikipost

Specific GPU and RPU usage questions thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Already extended 2
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Originally Posted by AVIZ
Have a GPU applied and cleared for a flight on 1/31. If I SDC the flight to 2/1, will the upgrade fall off?
I believe so. I think that when you do the SDC, it's based on the original fare basis. There's no reason why United has to put you in C for a different flight when you're doing a voluntary SDC.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by davewang202
I believe so. I think that when you do the SDC, it's based on the original fare basis. There's no reason why United has to put you in C for a different flight when you're doing a voluntary SDC.
Except they probably will because most agents are perfectly willing to do R to R.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:57 am

GPU expiring...

I have four GPU expiring by Jan.31.2015.
Question: if I book a ticket before the GPU expires, traveling in March, can I still use the GPU?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nope.

If you requalified for 1K you can call and ask for an extension on a couple of them but otherwise all travel must be completed by 31 January.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
No. But if you renewed 1K, then you can ask for a few of the GPUs to be extended to April.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:53 am

Just locked in full upgrades with a couple of expiring GPUs. Figured better to use them the beg for extension when I haven't used all 6 in a year ever.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold
wanting to know if I can "extend" my GPU to cover the last segment on LH?
Route is TPA-EWR-MUC-IST. All UA metal until MUC-IST, which is on LH.

GPU is already applied and the upgrade cleared.
Fare Class is V for segments.
All connections are <4 hrs.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but if anyone can do it, it will be an FTer.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: United 1K , Emirates Platinum, Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by FTstudent
wanting to know if I can "extend" my GPU to cover the last segment on LH?
Route is TPA-EWR-MUC-IST. All UA metal until MUC-IST, which is on LH.

GPU is already applied and the upgrade cleared.
Fare Class is V for segments.
All connections are <4 hrs.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but if anyone can do it, it will be an FTer.
There is now since about a month were you can apply an upgrade with a GPU on LH.. If your Tickets is with a LH number you can do that online with UA flightnumber booking you need to call the 1k line and they change the ticket and apply the upgrade.. However with changing the processes they also changed the requirements now you need to have at least Q to do the Upgrade.. Bevor you were fine with V.. I would still give them a call and ask
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:12 am

So I'm back again. I had used an RPU to upgrade my IAH to SEA flight. Today, that flight was cancelled and I rebooked on the next departure. I'm back in coach and my RPU has not be redeposited. Will United redeposit on its own, or do I need to call to get it back? Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by metermaid33
I'm back in coach and my RPU has not be redeposited. Will United redeposit on its own, or do I need to call to get it back?
Are you waitlisted for the upgrade on the new flight? That would explain why it hasn't redeposited.

If not, it might come back on its own, but I would call MPSC and ask them to redeposit.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Cancel a RPU request?

Hello

If I request a regional upgrade on a flight but it doesn't clear immediately, can I later decide to cancel the upgrade request and get the voucher back? Or am I locked in once I request it? I know i'll get it back if it doesn't clear obviously, but can I cancel it before take off?

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, you can cancel the request at any time if it hasn't cleared.

If it *has* cleared, things get a little trickier (you need original fare class inventory to go back from R to your coach fare).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks. Do you know if I change to another flight if the "request" transfers with me?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lushwave
Thanks. Do you know if I change to another flight if the "request" transfers with me?
It does not automatically but if doing the change with an agent, they will move it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.