Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Terminal A, North Concourse, across from Gate A9
Term B South Mezzanine, above the United Express ticket counter
C-North, near Gate C1
C-South, near Gate C33
Term E, between Gates E11 and E12 -- Lower level
The Polaris Lounge on the upper levels is presently closed but may reopen 2021Q4

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
If I could find a way to gain access to Centurion, this would allow me to shower.
I upgraded my Amex card to Platinum and this provides access to all Centurion clubs. I was starting to do more domestic travel and no longer had the lounge access that I experience on international travel (although to be honest I now use Centurion lounge where available for international travel). It not only gives lounge access but I get $15/month in uber credits which works for the trips to the airport, $200 credit for use with one airline, access to Priority Clubs, and payment for GE (once every five years of course). Couple of other lounges, and now when I arrive in LHR, as I am traveling from the west coast I arrive after 12 noon so United by Arrivals is not available (or if I am in economy) so can get a shower next door at the Priority Club. Best investment for the money if you travel a lot. Food and drinks are generally a higher standard than United Clubs (not including LHR in that assessment).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
The rules have been the same for over five years. A BP scan would grant you access, so if an agent gave you trouble he/she did not know the rules.
I have a 100% success rate arguing my way into UCs in various situations of arriving BPs (terminating in UA J, UA*G on arriving int'l itinerary) but I don't think I've ever managed to have the BP just scan and show green. I think that a Polaris BP terminating at the lounge point might scan green, but in the case of e.g. LH J to UA domestic F as a UA*G the rules give you access to the UC at your final domestic destination but I don't think any of the relevant BPs can scan green.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm arriving at IAH in J (on ANA) without a connecting flight; is there an arrivals lounge I can use? Or a way to get back into the terminal and use a United Club? I'm in Houston for around 24 hours but my flight is technically the next day, so I won't have a departing boarding pass on my day of arrival -- just the arriving one.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:05 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by morphogencc
I'm arriving at IAH in J (on ANA) without a connecting flight; is there an arrivals lounge I can use? Or a way to get back into the terminal and use a United Club? I'm in Houston for around 24 hours but my flight is technically the next day, so I won't have a departing boarding pass on my day of arrival -- just the arriving one.
you need a onward boarding pass to get back airside.

but this is moot in your case ("A boarding pass for travel in business class on a Star Alliance member airline"): "customers may only access a United Club location at the departure airport for their business class flight."
source: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx

you could maybe buy a fully refundable first class ticket to mexico city or something? but no clue why you'd schlep like this just to get into a united club.

letter of the law you are out of luck but i can imagine you can find a sympathetic agent in iah.

why not get the sheraton iah, clean, very nice indoor and outdoor pool, and sometimes is less than $100 a night. or find an air bnb in museum district and you can spend the day walking around
Old May 26, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the clarification -- I was already planning on staying at the nearby Sheraton (rates were only $80 / night), but was hoping to grab breakfast at a lounge when I got off the flight. It all worked out well for me, though; I checked in early enough that the hotel actually gave me some free breakfast vouchers for my day of arrival!
Old May 29, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
United Club meeting room? IAH Terminal E

I dropped my membership years ago but actually need some privacy for a long conference call before I depart back to Europe tomorrow.

I am in biz, so will have access to the UC.

does the UC in E have any sort of private phone or meeting room? If so, how do I arrange it?
Old May 29, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
The conference rooms are mostly gone (or at least not bookable) United Club Conference Rooms no longer accept reservations

I can't speak for EWR E, but several clubs have the private "phone rooms" but AFAIK they are first come first serve.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:17 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
C south has several phone nooks with built in desks that are fairly private. I have used them several times for concall with no issues re:noise, privacy, availability. YMMV ;-)
Old May 29, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
C south has several phone nooks with built in desks that are fairly private. I have used them several times for concall with no issues re:noise, privacy, availability. YMMV ;-)
Those are pretty much the last ones at IAH UCs. Unfortunately the seats are in rough condition. Several have busted pistons that leave you (what seems) a foot off the carpet and desktop at chin level.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:27 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Those are pretty much the last ones at IAH UCs. Unfortunately the seats are in rough condition. Several have busted pistons that leave you (what seems) a foot off the carpet and desktop at chin level.
I was in the renovated C lounge a few weeks ago, where there were two enclosed phone booths next to the service desk in the lounge. They state a 60-minute limit, however they are NOT completely private. There are glass doors/wall, with a wall separating them... but not completely. The glass wall is offset from the divider, so you can pretty clearly hear the conversation of the room beside you.

B (south) also has the phone nooks, but yes, not a good area to have a call.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:21 am

Arriving next week from SYD (Polaris) with a connection to a domestic flight. Are the showers gone from all the UCs now? Which is the recommended UC these days?
Old May 31, 2018, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Arriving next week from SYD (Polaris) with a connection to a domestic flight. Are the showers gone from all the UCs now? Which is the recommended UC these days?
Yes, removed, sadly. I would say whichever UC is closest to your departure gate is best. They all seem similar at IAH to me.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:25 pm

Thanks for the info. I usually fly thru IAD, but have a couple of trips going thru IAH soon. No showers is especially disappointing after the SYD flight.
Old May 31, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Thanks for the info. I usually fly thru IAD, but have a couple of trips going thru IAH soon. No showers is especially disappointing after the SYD flight.
If you can access the Amex lounge, they have a shower. Hopefully Polaris Lounge will open pretty soon, with several showers.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:13 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
If you can access the Amex lounge, they have a shower. Hopefully Polaris Lounge will open pretty soon, with several showers.
Great for flying from IAH, but do you get access on arriving flights After clearing security for next flight of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.