Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It appears Air New Zealand award availability is not showing (and would assume other *A). Trying to book award last night when site was taken down - not quite quick enough. Trying to avoid calling, but don't want to wait until its gone. Any idea when it will be back up?

It just came back...now shows award availability as before...

Last edited by johbeaker; Mar 3, 2012 at 5:01 am Reason: Problem corrected
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: UA GS
Looks like GS has either given up on fixing or is not alerted of IRROPS. No call, no rebooking, nothing.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:01 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Upgraded tickets displaying, “A modification has been made . . .” message

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that tickets upgraded with a Global Premier Upgrade, Regional Premier Upgrade or a Mileage Upgrade Award may initially display the message, “A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.” We’ll be running a process to synchronize these reservations automatically over the course of the next day, but, this process has not yet begun. Your flights will remain upgraded, but, in the new system, we need to take an additional step to match your reservation with your ticket (e.g. put it back in synch).

If your traveilng before this process runs, you won't be able to check in online, but, we'll be able to put your ticket back in synch and get you checked in at the airport.

This information has been added to the master thread in post #1 as well.

Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:04 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SiliconValley1k
Anybody know how (or if it is possible?) to look for NC and XC or NF or XF availability on the new website. The old pre-merger united.com way we did dummy bookings and set account profile to expert mode and looked at the flight details link. Thanks!
Hi SiliconValley1k, when searching for flights on united.com, you can view availability by selecting the Fare Class link when viewing the details for each flight.

Specifically, if you’re looking for award travel or upgrade availability, here are the new fare classes:
  • R = Upgrade awards for and 2-cabin aircraft and BusinessFirst/United Business on 3-cabin aircraft
  • ON = Upgrade awards for Global First and United First on 3-cabin aircraft
  • X/XN = Saver Awards for United Economy (XN for Premier members)
  • I/IN = Saver Awards for United Business, BusinessFirst, United First on 2-cabin aircraft (IN for Premier Platinum and above)
  • O = Saver Awards for Global First and United First on 3-cabin aircraft
Shannon
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that tickets upgraded with a Global Premier Upgrade, Regional Premier Upgrade or a Mileage Upgrade Award may initially display the message, “A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.” We’ll be running a process to synchronize these reservations automatically over the course of the next day, but, this process has not yet begun. Your flights will remain upgraded, but, in the new system, we need to take an additional step to match your reservation with your ticket (e.g. put it back in synch).

If your traveilng before this process runs, you won't be able to check in online, but, we'll be able to put your ticket back in synch and get you checked in at the airport.

This information has been added to the master thread in post #1 as well.

Shannon
Yes, my ticket today on a PMUA flight SEA-SFO was converted from NF to ON and the ticket it out of sync. On hold right now talking to a PMCO res agent (who answered "Continental Airlines").. I corrected her..she laughed and said I was only her 2nd call of the day and she forgot.

Off phone..ticket reissued, new BP's printed and bag checked online. So far, so good. But #6 on the upgrade waitlist SFO-PHX on an A319 with a full F cabin. :td
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Thanks Shannon for investigating. Your approach around integrating customer insight and immediately being able to pass it on to technology teams need to be applauded. It is clear you have a direct line to the integration team - and they are clearly listening to what you are saying. While I am sure there will be lots of issues to iron out over the coming days - this approach is a sure way to close them out as quickly as possible.

Kudos once again for a job very well done!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Hi Shannon,

For those of us who did not receive Mileage plus card and need to travel today onward, is there a specific notification sent to partner airlines that there are maybe Mileage Plus members who may use "Printed Mileage Plus card" for lounge access? I am one of them. I will need to fly tomorrow from IAH to DXB via FRA.

Thanks for any information,
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Issues I see:

1) Minor, but the listing of itineraries is sorted by CO (005), then date, then UA (016), then date. So I see 3/3, 4/20, 5/7, 4/28, 5/17

2) Fare class link for a flight (to show all buckets and their counts) is not available on booked itineraries, you used to be able to click on Fare Class to show that information when looking at a booked itin (on CO this was nice so you didn't have to go to the trouble of a dummy booking to see R/ON/etc availability), but this is in-line with the old UA site (where you had to do a dummy booking).

3) I can no longer see which flights have "Upgrade Pending" for UDU/EUA/CPU outside my window. This was helpful to make sure that they would be eligible for those upgrades - this is a pretty big missing item (though I think it was expected).

4) eReceipts for 005 tickets still show "Operated by CO" on many of them

That's all I see now, time to run to catch a flight!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Thumbs up Thank you Shannon and Team

Originally Posted by GlobalSTL
Thanks Shannon for investigating. Your approach around integrating customer insight and immediately being able to pass it on to technology teams need to be applauded. It is clear you have a direct line to the integration team - and they are clearly listening to what you are saying. While I am sure there will be lots of issues to iron out over the coming days - this approach is a sure way to close them out as quickly as possible.

Kudos once again for a job very well done!
Aloha Shannon,

Kudos to you and team for a job well done. All my RDM, RPU/GPUs, Premier miles/segments, lifetime miles and all reservations that were originally ticket via CO were all migrated over completely and accurately.

Great job.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AC, VIPorter, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone,

Shannon - 4 out of my 5 PMUA reservations have this message, but none involve confirmed upgrades. The first trip isn't for another month, so I'm not worrying about it now, but I hope it's not just upgraded reservations that are included in your automatic synch.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:25 am

Language Preference

Shannon:

A minor issue was found in my profile, my language preference was changed to Spanish after integration. It was set to English in both of my PMCO and PMUA profiles.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Could the seat assignment issues some are facing be relating to not having a frequently flyer number in the record? For whatever reason - I keep seeing eticket receipts that have no frequent flyer number in them. Hopefully that will auto update once they run certain jobs. That being said - it has to be in the record because they now come up when I login....
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
Not too disastrous, but issues I can see:

1. United miles not showing up (only CO miles), so missing 330K+ MP miles, but realize this may take a day or 2.

2. CR-1 total wrong (shows 1 only), also showing redemption of one 1 week ago (2/25/12), but did not redeem anything then. Cancelled one CR-1 request yesterday due to pending integration; total was correct (2 CR-1) on PMUA MP website last night prior to switch.

3. Both reservations present and correct; unfortunately, hit 100 hour UDU window on Wednesday am itinerary at 1:45 am this morning (3/3). Empty FC cabin from SEA to DEN, but still showing in Y. Wondering if these will be retroactively processed later in the morning, or should I call when things settle down a bit?

Thanks Shannon!
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
The phone system is no longer accepting touch tone key entry and is requiring voice responses
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Peatisback
The phone system is no longer accepting touch tone key entry and is requiring voice responses
Phone touch worked for me for my MP #, pressing 3 for existing reservations, and entering my ZIP code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.