Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
See this post for evidence of how the promotion should post to your account

Terms & Conditions, as available at: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/corporate/news/news/you-have-a-special-place-in-our-hearts-now-your-flights-give-you-more-advantages-430

Earn double Status Miles in Economy and four times Status Miles in Business Class flights.

From now on , until June 15,2017 your flights will earn you up to four times Status miles.

Campaign Rules and Conditions
  • Only members notified by Turkish Airlines directly can take advantage of this promotion.
  • This promotion is valid from 8nd March 2017 to 15th June 2017
  • The related promotion will be applied only for Turkish Airlines scheduled flights. Promotion is not permitted on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights and Star Alliance member airline flights
  • Only international flights are valid for this promotion.
  • Only flights issued to the Miles&Smiles account during reservation, at the time of ticketing and before flight will be considered valid. Flights issued after flight is not valid. Miles credited after flight is not subject to this promotion.
  • All reservation classes (Economy/Business) excluding award ticket classes are valid for this promotion.
  • 2 times status miles will be accrued on economy flights, 4 times status miles will be accrued on business flights.
  • Turkish Airlines has the right to change terms and conditions of the promotion.
  • Usage rights of this promotion can not be transferred to third parties. In case of violation of this rule Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal actions against those concerned.
Print Wikipost

Up to 4x Status Miles!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
and it says: promotion valid from now..

but no clear conditions. I hope THY will answer me soon

I just got an idea. I think there is no mistake in english, they just put a wrong number.
I guess 8nd means 2nd March. Which is logical, as they released this emails on 2nd March.

Right?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
and it says: promotion valid from now..

but no clear conditions. I hope THY will answer me soon

I just got an idea. I think there is no mistake in english, they just put a wrong number.
I guess 8nd means 2nd March. Which is logical, as they released this emails on 2nd March.

Right?
My wife and I both received the email on the 3rd.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:24 pm

Would also be interesting to know if status miles are coupled to booking class in this promotion - for those who are flying just in economy. ;-)

e.g. you are flying economy in a booking class which normally brings you 50%; with this promotion it would be 100%, right?
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Too good to be true?

The example from below sounds just unbelievably good:

Buy a Baltics - EZE 1500 J ticket (ticketed to K class).
Regular RT is roughly 17 800 miles.
K class for Elite members makes it nearly 28 500 miles.
Current promotion would make it over 110 000 miles (if the worst scenario came true, it would "only" be slightly over 70 000).
2 hotel nights covered by TK due to long layovers as a bonus.

Considering the positive direction of this Turkish delight, it would mean immediate Elite Plus status + one extra Limited Availability Seat roundtrip in J from Europe to Far East + over 20 000 miles left for another trip.

Well, not sure if Turkish tourism has been struggling this much, but this sounds more like a wake-up call is coming soon. Or, are we really that lucky?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by on22cz
The example from below sounds just unbelievably good:

Buy a Baltics - EZE 1500 J ticket (ticketed to K class).
Regular RT is roughly 17 800 miles.
K class for Elite members makes it nearly 28 500 miles.
Current promotion would make it over 110 000 miles (if the worst scenario came true, it would "only" be slightly over 70 000).
2 hotel nights covered by TK due to long layovers as a bonus.

Considering the positive direction of this Turkish delight, it would mean immediate Elite Plus status + one extra Limited Availability Seat roundtrip in J from Europe to Far East + over 20 000 miles left for another trip.

Well, not sure if Turkish tourism has been struggling this much, but this sounds more like a wake-up call is coming soon. Or, are we really that lucky?
That's a great deal! Does it work from other locations in Europe such as Scandinavia?

Do the status miles count as spendable miles too?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by duvin
I got the email and am Elite+ with 130000 miles in past 12 months.
I thought I hadn't been sent that email because I comfortably re-qualified in my first year as E+, then here's you with about double the miles.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Pessimist in me says no way, but it kind of looks like it from the T&C's:
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...-conditions#31

Last edited by gr8pirate; Mar 5, 2017 at 4:10 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Elite Plus - Privilege Club Platinum - Hyatt Globalist
Question Any news yet?

Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Hey,

i have just talked to Turkish. Nobody knows really about this promotion there.
And i even called the istanbul office.

As i don't know if it has to be booked from now til 8th March, or from 8th March?
And if the miles are only for the status membership.

I have sent an email thru thy.com and to Facebook page.

Will let u know
Any news yet?

Send e-mail from promotion page e-mail link. Immediate answer:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]
Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

Last edited by flyer.antonov; Mar 5, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
That's a great deal! Does it work from other locations in Europe such as Scandinavia?

I think EZE only works from Baltics. Same is PTY, but earnings are lower. You should also be able to get HEL - SFO for about the same price, but again - with lower earnings. Not sure if ARN/OSL/CPH (or any other European destination) have any good deals.

CAI - Asia is obviously even cheaper, but earnings are probably the lowest out of all options, and when you consider positioning to CAI, it's not that good at all.

Miles should be redeemable, but as I mentioned - it all sounds like TK would be too generous.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Is there a certain demographic which was targeted for this promotion? I'm Elite but haven't received the mail.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aircommodore
Is there a certain demographic which was targeted for this promotion? I'm Elite but haven't received the mail.
My wife and I are both Elite+ and we both received the email.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Originally Posted by EK788
My wife and I are both Elite+ and we both received the email.
Do you reside in Turkey? I asked some of my friends who are E+ and live in Turkey but havent received it either.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aircommodore
Do you reside in Turkey? I asked some of my friends who are E+ and live in Turkey but havent received it either.
No I don't. My guess is this was randomly sent out to a set percentage of Miles&Smiles members.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Clarifixation from their twitter helpdesk:

Hi again, you may view and calculate how many miles you earn via https://t.co/FhtVg2lARf . You can just add the destinations which you would like to fly and view the booking classes after calculation. After this transaction, if you in business class ( for instance K class), you may calculate the mileage as four times. Also for your convenience, here is a link which shows how many miles can be earned depends on classes; https://t.co/iXvwmppxVD . With our kindest regards.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:44 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
how about the elite bonus ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.