Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Post your recent Operational Upgrade as Miles&Smiles Elite Plus/Elite/Classic Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your recent Operational Upgrade as Miles&Smiles Elite Plus/Elite/Classic Plus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
According to the station manager at ARN a list is generated, based on status, booking class etc, from which they will select the candidates.
was the manager talking about that station or a standard TK-procedure?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sliiide
was the manager talking about that station or a standard TK-procedure?
I believe it was the standard procedure. Though the staff at the ARN station are perhaps the most competent I have encountered, so they follow the procedures accordingly whereas some other stations may not.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I believe it was the standard procedure. Though the staff at the ARN station are perhaps the most competent I have encountered, so they follow the procedures accordingly whereas some other stations may not.
The reason why I ask is we are scheduled to depart for IST Jun 5th and the filight still shows lots of availability but when I try to book for more than 7 in Y it does not allow it, wonder if it is oversold by 7. We are both Star Golds.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:22 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Airline: Turkish Airlines
Route: TK9 LAX – IST
Booked cabin: Comfort Class
Upgraded cabin: Business Class
Number of passengers: 1
Date: October 2012 and December 2013
Miles&Smiles level: Elite
Booking class: O

will attempt the following on my coming trip.

Route: TK9 LAX-IST
Booked cabin: Comfort Class
Upgraded cabin: Business Class
Date: June 2014
Booking class: A

Last edited by fnaime23; Jun 1, 2014 at 10:34 am
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:23 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
what about posting the failed attempts at upgrading. it seems like its always impossible for me to upgrade IST-LAX no matter how far in advance i try.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:55 am

I see. I have never flown TK through ARN. In my experience, regardless of what procedure they follow, what has always counted is the approach with the staff (regardless of the airline) at the desk, gate or cabin. When I am able to be empathetic and ask for whatever I need at the right time, I get changes of flights, extra baggage, upgrades and early seating assignments; all for free.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Complimentary upgrade - not OpUp

I upgraded ESB-IST route after many years even economy near empty at night (22:15) flight.

Route: TK2983 ESB Ankara - SAW Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen
Booked cabin: Economy Class
Upgraded cabin: Business Class 3F
Date: November 2014
Miles&Smiles level: Elite Plus
Booking class: V
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
IST-DEL

Route: Istanbul-Delhi
Booked cabin: Economy
Upgraded cabin: Business
Date: January 2015
Booking class: H

Flight was showing C1 Y0 an hour before departure, left with 1 seat empty in business class. Out of about 35 long-haul flights with gold card on various airlines, this is the first op-up I've received that was not short-haul.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Do they ever op-up *G Elites from other carriers?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by NYTA
+1 for that question. My TK Elite status match is not progressing at a good rate, I fly next week to Asia from LGW via IST. Do I use my *A Gold or TK classic?

If I use my *A Gold it will delay my accrual on TK for Elite renewal however it would give me a few more K to cash out from the goodie store from the other airline. What are the chances of moving forward with *A Gold?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYTA
Yes they do. I recall the pecking order being Elite + > Elite > Star Gold > Classic Plus > the rest
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:30 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Yes they do. I recall the pecking order being Elite + > Elite > Star Gold > Classic Plus > the rest
Agree. Please remember that there are still relatively small number of E+ and E passengers, so your chances - as a *G - are not terribly bad.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: TK Elite *A Gold, Air Berlin Gold - One World Sapphire, Westjet Gold, Avis Preferred, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Agree. Please remember that there are still relatively small number of E+ and E passengers, so your chances - as a *G - are not terribly bad.
Looks like I may have to use my *G. Does anyone know or recall how you can use two FF numbers on a booking. One for status and one for accrual?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by zontar2010
Does anyone know or recall how you can use two FF numbers on a booking. One for status and one for accrual?
While some systems technically allow for this, the chance of finding a TK agent willing and able to do it is pretty much zero.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by zontar2010
Looks like I may have to use my *G. Does anyone know or recall how you can use two FF numbers on a booking. One for status and one for accrual?
http://www.air.flyingway.com/books/A...ence-Guide.pdf
FQTS for status, FQTV for mileage accural

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.