Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond
Thought I'd use the newbie lounge here. Not really a FT newbie myself, but I know absolutely nothing about TK... so figured this was the place!

I'm doing LHR->IST->AYT later this week (just found out an hour ago! ) and so want to be prepared as best I can.

1:50 hours between flights for the inbound. Does that seem reasonable time to do security/immigration/transfer?
(Coming in on a business seat - should I look for a Fast Track or equivalent line when in the terminal?)

Return is the opposite, but with 1:25 in IST for the layover... again, seem ok to those that know?

Any advice or tips to happiness from those that have made the connection before? (Apparently I have the online Turkish Visa already processed with a printout of it ready for whomever is going to ask for it.)

Thanks very much in advance!

Cheers!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Parkdesigner
Thought I'd use the newbie lounge here. Not really a FT newbie myself, but I know absolutely nothing about TK... so figured this was the place!

I'm doing LHR->IST->AYT later this week (just found out an hour ago! ) and so want to be prepared as best I can.

1:50 hours between flights for the inbound. Does that seem reasonable time to do security/immigration/transfer?
(Coming in on a business seat - should I look for a Fast Track or equivalent line when in the terminal?)

Return is the opposite, but with 1:25 in IST for the layover... again, seem ok to those that know?

Any advice or tips to happiness from those that have made the connection before? (Apparently I have the online Turkish Visa already processed with a printout of it ready for whomever is going to ask for it.)

Thanks very much in advance!

Cheers!
Yea you are fine, if you have the e-visa and can use the business lines for passport control and security you can make the connection both ways in less than an hour.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
If my current TK Elite status expires in 3/2017 but will renew for another 2 years (until 3/2019), will flights flown in 2/2017 be credited toward the 3/2017-2019 period for renewal purposes?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I'm having difficulty finding out what the rules are for using the sleeping rooms in the Lounge at IST. We fly into IST at 17:20 next week and depart for BKK at 01:55. Both flights in J.

Can anyone assist, please?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CoweyB
I'm having difficulty finding out what the rules are for using the sleeping rooms in the Lounge at IST. We fly into IST at 17:20 next week and depart for BKK at 01:55. Both flights in J.

Can anyone assist, please?
Hey CoweyB, if I remember correctly you only get access if there is 5-7 hours between your flights. Since yours is over 8, you will have the option to a hotel.

I had a 8.5 hour connection in J and they refused to let me use the sleeping rooms.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Hey CoweyB, if I remember correctly you only get access if there is 5-7 hours between your flights. Since yours is over 8, you will have the option to a hotel.

I had a 8.5 hour connection in J and they refused to let me use the sleeping rooms.
To be exact, 4-7h.

If you have a longer than 7h connection in J or over 10h in Y you have access to a complimentary hotel landside.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
To be exact, 4-7h.

If you have a longer than 7h connection in J or over 10h in Y you have access to a complimentary hotel landside.
Thank you - that's a nuisance though. After we arrive we are going out to have a drink with a Turkish friend then just wanted a few hours' rest before the flight at 01:55.

We will just have to rough it in the lounge...
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:52 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Thank you - that's a nuisance though. After we arrive we are going out to have a drink with a Turkish friend then just wanted a few hours' rest before the flight at 01:55.

We will just have to rough it in the lounge...
I wouldn't mind spending the night in that lounge. Keep in mind that not much food available and some light construction might be going on in the wee hours of the morning.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB
Hey guys, maybe thats a stupid question but I am new to TK and a bit stuck.
I got a flight booked from LHR to BOG on Avianca in class T and the miles&smiles
web page gives 25% & 100% respectively for this class but has no restrictions listed so I am not sure which milage value I will earn. 25 or 100% ??
The help desk was useless as usual.
Thanks guys!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
TK's 2 different web pages says: AV's U and T classes gives 25% to TK M&S
Newest Page1*, Turkish Page2

One other page says 25% and 100%

But my vote for 25%

* This address working for US and Japan IPs only
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: LH: SEN**; AF: Blue; TK: Elite, EK, AB
awesome! That clarifies things now.
Yea i am sure its 25%
Thank you!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
I'm planning to use my TK miles soon before they expire and would like to try their business class. travelling all the way from SYD,

any recommendation on route that uses newest aircraft. planning to redeem for a business flight.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Chase Ultimate Rewards, BA Executive Club, Miles&Smiles, Jet Blue
What do to with M&S that are about to expire?

Hi,

I have 23k miles on TK and my wife has 17k, they won't let us combine them into one account because my wife hasn't flown with them in over a year. Some of my points are about to expire at the end of the year and I am trying to figure out how to use these points for a trip to Central America or Caribbean.
Is there a way to book a hotel with TK points or transfer them to United or another airline?

Thanks
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Thinking about buying a flexible economy class ticket and I have some questions:

- how easy is it to cancel the outbound leg of this flight.
- is it possible to do this with the TK phone app?
- is there a fee/penalty I have to pay if I change/cancel the flight?

Can anyone share his/her experience with this?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Originally Posted by Granite64
Thinking about buying a flexible economy class ticket and I have some questions:

- how easy is it to cancel the outbound leg of this flight.
- is it possible to do this with the TK phone app?
- is there a fee/penalty I have to pay if I change/cancel the flight?

Can anyone share his/her experience with this?
I have only changed entire tickets (not just one leg) but on both occasions it went very smoothly. I just logged on the website (Manage my bookings) and cancelled the ticket without any fee. Reimbursements were swift as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.