Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future of Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:54 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
I got home a few days ago off of my IST-LAX flight in CC. I can tell you the service is still the same as every other time I've been in CC. the only thing I can tell is missing the warm towel given to passengers after take off. but everything is still the same when it comes to drink and food service.

As long as this exists I will keep using it.

I did notice the amenities bag is different now, not sure if it matches that of eco or they went back to something else between eco and business. instead of the generic turkish toothpaste it now has colgate ( a plus for me) and they are using Bogner for the lip balm and the lotion
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:41 am

will TK reduce the number of Comfort Class seats?

Over the past couple of weeks, I read on several websites that Comfort Class is not doing so well for TK and someone wrote on a.net that they will reduce the number of Comfort Class seats.

Is that just an unconfirmed rumor or is there any truth behind that?

That cabin is really a very unique and wonderful product especially for the fares they offer.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Royal Orchid Plus Gold
Flew HKG-IST yesterday on the way back from an expo;
business: full
comfort: full
economy: around 15-20 empty seats.

normally, one may think TK better keep comfort when you see the above picture but the problem here is; if there was no comfort class, the passengers there would be flying business. i believe if they will get rid of comfort class, it will be based on this point of view; not comfort doing well.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Zeynel
Flew HKG-IST yesterday on the way back from an expo;
business: full
comfort: full
economy: around 15-20 empty seats.

normally, one may think TK better keep comfort when you see the above picture but the problem here is; if there was no comfort class, the passengers there would be flying business. i believe if they will get rid of comfort class, it will be based on this point of view; not comfort doing well.
Lots of upselling at check-in for $200 or so which is a bargain for us, but not for TK. Yes, this has been one of the best inflight experiences for a mid-point service between business and coach, but TK has not been able to sell it as anticipated, so must revert to another row or two of business. Let's just hope they don't downgrade the offerings in the IST lounge too!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I wouldn't mind if TK decided to go the NZ way and reduce Y+ to 30-40 seats, while charging 200-300€ more than they do now (for return tickets), but eliminating the class completely would be a major loss, for them and *A alike.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Another suggestion for TK, to maximize revenue/reduce cost and still offer us Y+ product, in addition to reducing the rows, just give us bigger seats, much like Spirit Airlines' Big Front Seat, nothing else more than economy, and price accordingly based on additional space from Y.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: All of Them
sad to see this amazing Y+ product go...better than domestic first class and definitely ahead compared to any other carrier in the same category...hopefully, this translates to more business class seats
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:42 pm

Any guess on when CC will be taken out? I read somewhere that it might happen during maintenance work in the near future.

I have a flight coming up 26th Dec in CC (IST-NRT and back a week a later) What would happen if they took out CC before my flights. Would I be upgraded to business or be compensated in some other way?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
They haven't even publicly stated anything yet and they're still selling CC tickets way in advance, so I doubt we'll be seeing any changes in the next six months in the least.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
TK CC product is brilliant. They should however let the chair recline more. It would be a mistake to take all of CC seats out lets hope they just reduce the # of CC seats.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
According to this piece of news, the Comfort Class isn't going anywhere.

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....ng-777-300ers/
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:16 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by johhenrik
According to this piece of news, the Comfort Class isn't going anywhere.

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....ng-777-300ers/
That is a slight rewording of the Boeing press release on the TK order which said:

The 777-300ER seats up to 386 passengers in a three-class configuration and has a maximum range of 7,930 nautical miles (14,685 km).
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Rather than losing their nerve and pulling Comfort class off the 777 and regarding it as a failed experiment one would hope TK would realise the potential for this product and that they have a diamond in the rough, but they need to make it universally available across all wide body aircraft in their fleet and fix their website to allow it to be "mix and matched" with other non CC routes and stopovers etc.

And yes, I hate to say it ( i have my 11th flight in CC coming up in 3 days time) but a cabin that's 50% of the current size and a price premium over Y of 50% higher than the present, would probably make better economic sense for them too...
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:42 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
On ATW:
...Turkish Airlines, which will soon announce the re-launch of its high standard catering product, will postpone extending its comfort class service—a premium economy class—on new, to-be delivered long-haul aircraft. For now, the comfort class on long-haul flights will remain onboard its 12 777-300ERs.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: LH, TK
Originally Posted by Zeynel
if there was no comfort class, the passengers there would be flying business.
I don't think so. Business class is usually paid by others, economy is paid by yourself. Comfort Class is eco + 20% - that I find reasonable and don't mind to pay.

But 4 times the eco price for a biz ticket I wouldn't pay under no circumstances from my pocket.

HKG>FRA>HKG in Feb:

in EUR:

eco 761
com 1000
biz 3300

BTW, a while ago I booked a flight in eco HKG>BER>HKG price was around 1000 (coz of high price on the first leg). When I ask for a price for the return be in Comfort Class it was EUR 50 CHEAPER then eco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.