Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Keyser
they started taking applications from indian citizens on the 28th of june & i submitted mine on the same day....on the 1st of july i got an email from the indian passport office asking me to schedule an appointment at the regional passport office (rpo) for my background verification (all indian citizens have to go through this)....my appointment was scheduled for the 3rd of july & my police verification was also completed on the same day....the information was uploaded & sent by the rpo on the 7th of july....

i'm still waiting for an update....i am hoping to get conditional approval in the month of july since my next trip to the us is scheduled for the end of this month....this way i should hopefully be able to schedule my interview while i am there....
The CBP has set up interview offices outside the US before. There was one in London for over a year. I assume there is or will be a significant volume of applications from India so hopefully there will bean interview location in India.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cheltzel
The CBP has set up interview offices outside the US before. There was one in London for over a year. I assume there is or will be a significant volume of applications from India so hopefully there will bean interview location in India.
an interview location in india would be great but i would be surprised if they were to open one here....

being able to complete the process during my upcoming trip would be great but personally it doesn't make too much of a difference for me since i make 7-8 trips to the us every year....so if i don't get conditional approval this month then i have trips scheduled in september, october & in december this year....hopefully i'll be able to schedule my interview during one of those trips....
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
an interview location in india would be great but i would be surprised if they were to open one here....

being able to complete the process during my upcoming trip would be great but personally it doesn't make too much of a difference for me since i make 7-8 trips to the us every year....so if i don't get conditional approval this month then i have trips scheduled in september, october & in december this year....hopefully i'll be able to schedule my interview during one of those trips....
You can take advantage of Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival if your first arrival airport is Houston, Austin, San Francisco or Vancouver. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
You can take advantage of Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival if your first arrival airport is Houston, Austin, San Francisco or Vancouver. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732
unfortunately i won't be flying into one of these airports but i'll be in 5 different cities during this trip (all of which have enrollment centers) so i'm pretty sure i would be able to schedule an interview at one of them if i get conditionally approved before my trip....
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for those who are interested, it turns out that i was the first applicant from india & i've posted my experience in the thread below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...programme.html
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:05 pm

I had applied before July 6 and did not have plans to travel to India, so I asked CBP about my options. The confirmed that the application would stay active for a year and people who applied before July 6 would be eligible for a refund. They replied the next day, and were more reasonable than I actually expected. Here is the full reply:

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

CBP has implemented the ability of Indian Nationals to apply for Global Entry. Information on the process can be found here: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ndian-citizens

The Governmnet of India (GOI) has imposed the added requirement of having an interview in India. This was imposed after our initial rollout. Therefore, if you submitted an application prior to July 6, 2017 and cannot complete the GOI requirement, then we are offering you a full refund. If you feel that you can complete it, but it will be many months out, that is fine. Your application will remain active for up to a year until you are able to complete.

Please reply to this email with your name and PASSID, if you want a refund. We will not offer refunds if you submitted an application after July 6, 2017. Refunds take 3-4 weeks to process.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Information Center.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by beerball
I applied for the Global entry program on July 6th. However, I have not gotten any email from the passport seva kendra service. I also tried applying directly on Passport Kendra website and it is not recognizing my Global enrollment id.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong? Any suggestions? I put the current address as my US address and am wondering if that is what made it wrong.

Cheers,
I am in the same situation. I think the reason for this is that when I applied for the GOES aaccount registration, the email id field was not marked mandatory (no asterix). Thus, I left the field blank. I was not aware at that time that after completing GOES application, we also receive email from passport seva providing us GES id (apparently different from GOES application ID) and instructions for background verification.
do you remember if you provided your email ID at the time GOES account creation ?

Hi
did you provide your email id at the time of GOES account registration and application. The email field is not marked mandatory (no asterix). I did not give my email id as well and I completed my GOES application and paid $100 fee. I was not aware that applicants would receive email from GOI passport seva with GES id and instructions for background verification. looks like I am stuck in the middle of the process. let me know if you have any clue.
thank you

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 26, 2017 at 8:59 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:28 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by saim99
The email field is not marked mandatory (no asterix). I did not give my email id as well and I completed my GOES application and paid $100 fee. I was not aware that applicants would receive email from GOI passport seva with GES id and instructions for background verification. looks like I am stuck in the middle of the process. let me know if you have any clue.
thank you
The field may not be mandatory, but the instructions are quite clear that if you wish to receive notifications you should provide an email address.

Did you log into your GOES account and check for any messages in your inbox? The emails only notify that there has been a change of status in the GOES account and instruct the applicant to log in for further information.

If I remember correctly, once you're logged into your account you should be able to edit your profile and add an email.
Originally Posted by cheltzel
Log into your account and select "Change Profile" on the left. It should allow you to add/update your email address.
You may wish to call the GOES customer service numbers - 855-USE-GOES or 202-325-8060 - for assistance.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TWA884
The field may not be mandatory, but the instructions are quite clear that if you wish to receive notifications you should provide an email address.

Did you log into your GOES account and check for any messages in your inbox? The emails only notify that there has been a change of status in the GOES account and instruct the applicant to log in for further information.

If I remember correctly, once you're logged into your account you should be able to edit your profile and add an email.
You may wish to call the GOES customer service numbers - 855-USE-GOES or 202-325-8060 - for assistance.
The notification from GOI for dealing with the GOI shows up in the GOES account?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The notification from GOI for dealing with the GOI shows up in the GOES account?
no it doesn't....
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:02 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have no idea, but what does @saim99 have to lose by checking? There may be some reference to the Indian seva GES ID number.

ETA: @Keyser types faster than me. I still think that it is worthwhile checking the GOES account to see if there is any reference to the Indian GES identification number.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still think that it is worthwhile checking the GOES account to see if there is any reference to the Indian GES identification number.
unfortunately there isn't....initially goes had no clue that goi had an additional requirement for an interview in india....the passport seva website sends you a different ges identification number than your goes id so there is no reference of that on the actual global entry application....
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:22 am

I logged into GOES and I have updated my profile with email id. Nonetheless the already submitted application for Global entry does not have my email id as it was not mandatory and I had no clue that after completing global entry application in GOES, govt. of India shoots you an email with something called GES id which I believe is different from GOES 8-digit aplication ID. This really seems stupid on part of GOI.
clearly the designers of the program did not consider all possible scenarios.

Is anyone out there who have provided email id in the global entry application form in GOES website but still did not receive any email from GOI passport service providing instructions on background verification process and this strange GES application ID ?

I have no idea, but what does @saim99 have to lose by checking? There may be some reference to the Indian seva GES ID number.

ETA: @Keyser types faster than me. I still think that it is worthwhile checking the GOES account to see if there is any reference to the Indian GES identification number.
I logged into GOES and I have updated my profile with email id. Nonetheless the already submitted application for Global entry does not have my email id as it was not mandatory and I had no clue that after completing global entry application in GOES, govt. of India shoots you an email with something called GES id which I believe is different from GOES 8-digit aplication ID. This really seems stupid on part of GOI.
clearly the designers of the program did not consider all possible scenarios.

Is anyone out there who have provided email id in the global entry application form in GOES website but still did not receive any email from GOI passport service providing instructions on background verification process and this strange GES application ID ?

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 26, 2017 at 11:47 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
no it doesn't....
That's what I thought, as the first Indian applicants I dealt with had no such thing in their GOES accounts. It was my understanding that DHS didn't want foreign governments being able to directly access and update GOES without having DHS do it.

If there still isn't a batch process to take an email addition in GOES and put things in line for the GOI to kick up an email about GOI appointment, then there probably is still a workaround: DHS temporarily undoes the status shown on GOES and reprocesses the application as new (with an implicit fee waiver, hopefully).
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anybody here received conditional approval so far????

its been about 5 weeks now since i applied but i'm still pending approval....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.