Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by MikeFly
I just went through the renewal process fro my Global Entry. Pleasantly surprised it only took 5 days (counting the weekend)! Just had to update my data online and 5 days later had a message that I'm good for another 5 years; nothing else needed.

About a week later I received a Global Entry card in the mail for land crossing only. Didn't get that the first time I applied - never needed it and probably still won't need it.
You may never cross a land border, but you can also use the card as ID at any TSA checkpoint.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Another data point - a colleague in my office was up for renewal and he had to go back to be interviewed again. I find it a little surprising that an U.S. born citizen needs another interview and me being a Resident Alien did not.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum 2MM, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, HHonors
Originally Posted by MikeFly
I find it a little surprising that an U.S. born citizen needs another interview and me being a Resident Alien did not.
A shining example of government bureaucracy at it's finest!
Old May 30, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PHTX855
A shining example of government bureaucracy at it's finest!
U.S. born citizen doesn't equate to less risk.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by worldiswide
However, both of us returned from overseas on different days and flights within the last week, and the kiosks timed out and could not provide a receipt. Of course the regular immigration officers say we are not GE and GE was closed for the evening.
Arriving at ORD Wed June 3, 2015 was a circus.

Major lines for GE kiosks.

Several kiosks out of commission.

I find one that seems to be working and it timed out.

Figuring that I had my one and done, follow the GE exit line and no CBP officer staffing the GE passport control post. And the line for non-GE passport control was quite long.

So I go back, try another kiosk, and scored.

ORD GE is pretty bad now. Unfortunately I've got one more trip scheduled for a return via ORD.

DFW, LAX, and SFO are pretty good though,
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for the update. We left ORD yesterday and at least p recheck was working for us. Wil l arrive Monday at DFW and see if GE is working for us. We did report the machines that timed out to the GE office in Chicago. You don't need to remember, you just need to call and they will be able to see what you did. We actually talked to a person and got a quick and responsive callback.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by mre5765
who had a difficult time getting GE the first time
Hi mre5765,

Curious to know what you meant by that? What kind of issues did you face?
I'm an LPR myself and waiting to hear on my application
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:55 am

Global Entry Expired?/Renewal?/New Application?

I originally enrolled in GOES in 2008 and renewed GOES in 2013. I used my passport at GOES kiosks twice in 2014 and all went well except the system rejected my finger prints so I went to the head of the regular line in both instances. Yesterday, upon returning from LHR I tried the GOES kiosk and was rejected as my account has expired. I don't know what's going on but want a GOES a/c. I have no documentation to prove my $100 renewal was processed and just want to know how to re-enroll. I do have a GOES User ID and I have a password the works and I have a Membership Number/PASSID which when I get into the system tells me that it has expired. Do I have to start all over again with a new application? I just cannot find the answer to the question of getting a new GOES after having one that has expired . I posted the question on the GOES web site but a message came back and told me it would be many weeks before the reply would arrive.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 9:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's too bad you have no documentation; I suspect you're going to have to bite the bullet here.

For others:

Try this. Link.

How do I renew my Global Entry membership?

You become eligible to renew your membership one year prior to program expiration. Follow these steps to renew Global Entry membership:

Log onto GOES (click here).

Select Manage membership - the Trusted Traveler Program Enrollment page will display.

Select the blue Renew Application button - the Personal Information page will display.

Use the Application Wizard to change your personal information by selecting the specific category(ies) hyperlinks.

When complete, select U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler Program List on the Application Wizard - the Trusted Traveler Program List will display.

Click the box next to the program that you wish to renew.

Select Next - the Trusted Traveler Program Application page will display.
If a FIX Errors hyperlink displays, you must provide the information requested to proceed.

To continue, select Update to go to the Program Application page.
On the Program Application page, select Certify at the bottom of the page - the Certification page will display.

Answer Yes or No to "Do you certify?"

Select Next. The Final Review: Application Shopping Cart will display.

Select the box next to Fees. Fees are for application processing and are non-refundable. To agree and proceed, click here. The Home button changes to Make Payment.

Select Make Payment. The online payment page displays.

If you wish to receive automatic updates to this Q&A, select "Subscribe to Updates" on the left side of this screen.
If too much time has elapsed, it's likely you'll have to start over with a new application.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:21 am

I have logged onto GOES repeatedly to "manage membership." The only thing I could find is managing one's personal data. There is no option (Renew Application button) on any of the screens. Logging into GOES gives one the option of entering my existing membership number and password but then I can only go to the personal data screen. I simply go around and around and cannot locate a renew membership option. I really need help. I will try to call the TSA people but I expect a constant busy signal.

JDiver - I don't doubt your recommended process worked some time ago but not now. Altho, it makes NO sense, the correct web site is titled ImmigrationVisaForms.com. I found it by googling "unable to renew GOES." The first screen addresses renewing GOES.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 19, 2019 at 9:54 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:40 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by amarcia
JDiver - I don't doubt your recommended process worked some time ago but not now. Altho, it makes NO sense, the correct web site is titled ImmigrationVisaForms.com. I found it by googling "unable to renew GOES." The first screen addresses renewing GOES.
Actually, given JDiver's link was to a current, official CBP webpage I'd be rather more inclined to trust that information was correct. I would guess your issue is that your membership has expired, so consequently you don't see any renewal options.

The webpage you found is a commercial company that makes its money by charging people a (probably substantial) fee for filling out the very same forms you could easily do yourself in the vast majority of cases.

This is quite a common scenario in the EU when people apply for, as an example, an ESTA for entry to the U.S. from visa waiver countries - so much so that the UK Government actually actively warns against using them, given they often appear before the official CBP site in search engines.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 11:17 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I am trying ot renew GE and have the same problem

I am NOT expired and don't see a renewal tab but I got an email saying it was time to renew.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 12:08 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by squeakr
I am NOT expired and don't see a renewal tab but I got an email saying it was time to renew.
I'm glad mine's not due for 3.5 years then - at least they've got time to sort it out!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Coming up on renewal time for GE.

When the renewal is pending does GE continue to operate as normal? Don't want to apply for renewal and have privileges suspended during return from trip. I have a few months so can wait for a "good" time to renew if need be.

(I'm assuming that my renewal will not be rejected - would understand if GE fails if it is rejected)
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by drewguy
Coming up on renewal time for GE.

When the renewal is pending does GE continue to operate as normal? Don't want to apply for renewal and have privileges suspended during return from trip. I have a few months so can wait for a "good" time to renew if need be.

(I'm assuming that my renewal will not be rejected - would understand if GE fails if it is rejected)
I renewed early and did not see any changes in GE and PreCheck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.