Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Global Entry Renewal [2013-2018]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
when you renew - are you required to list dates and countries visited since your last signup?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by greasy
Hi all, of late I've been getting emails from [email protected] reminding me that my Global Entry is expiring soon, June 2015.
Today I logged into the GOES site, I saw my info, but no where can I found the RENEW button. Can someone please help me to locate the button !?
This is weird. Thanks
As I recall it is on the left menu bar (going down the left side of the browser window). It wasn't immediately obvious but it was there.

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
when you renew - are you required to list dates and countries visited since your last signup?
Yes. Same question, where have you traveled in the last 5 years (except Canada, Mexico, etc).
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Hi all, of late I've been getting emails from [email protected] reminding me that my Global Entry is expiring soon, June 2015.
Today I logged into the GOES site, I saw my info, but no where can I found the RENEW button. Can someone please help me to locate the button !?
This is weird. Thanks
If you're not able to find it, you may have to call their web support number (plan for an hour or so).

I had a similar issue - it was not there. It turned out that my problem was tied to a pending NEXUS application that got caught in a fatal loop because I wound up missing the Canadian interview due to travel problems. They actually could not fix it and had to send it to HQ to remove the NEXUS application.

This process is still underway for me.

Greg
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:10 pm

This is weird. Thanks
I know someone who had the same issue. A simple phone call will clear things up.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Yes -- yu are required to list the countries you have visited in the last 5 years..
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
You are required to list the countries you have visited in the past five years dating backwards from the day you submit your renewal. Unless date of your renewal is exactly five years from the day you were approved the last time (possible but unlikely) this is not the list of visited countries since the "last signup".

There is no way to enter the dates you visited those countries.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: D SM, AA A, SPG, HH, MR
When you renew, do they just tack on five years from the end of your original expiration date? Or does the active period go from the renewal date to five years (or six or whatever it is).

Basically, if you renew with six months left in your membership, do you lose six months as that would be your new start date? Or do they just take on the new term to the end of the original term?

Last edited by USAJerry; Apr 8, 2015 at 11:22 am
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
At renewal, five years is added to your expiry date, which is yur birthday.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: D SM, AA A, SPG, HH, MR
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
At renewal, five years is added to your expiry date, which is yur birthday.
Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:37 pm

[nitpick]Technically, it's 5 years from your NEXT birthday.

Example:your GE expires on your birthday, December 31, 2015.

If you renew/apply and are approved during December 2015, that process expires December 31, 2020. If you renew/apply and are approved January 1st (2016) or later, that process expires December 31, 2021.

Don't ask me what happens if you get the approval right on your birthday, but I think that'll push it to the 2021 year.

[/nitpick]
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: UA
Got my renewal approved in 48 hours and just setup the interview date online. I have a couple weeks left on my old one anyway so was easy to find a free date and pretty much had open choice in May. Can't believe it is already 5 years. Also didn't get my renewal letter yet.
Old May 7, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Painless Global Entry renewal

I just went through the renewal process fro my Global Entry. Pleasantly surprised it only took 5 days (counting the weekend)! Just had to update my data online and 5 days later had a message that I'm good for another 5 years; nothing else needed.

About a week later I received a Global Entry card in the mail for land crossing only. Didn't get that the first time I applied - never needed it and probably still won't need it.

Last edited by essxjay; May 9, 2015 at 6:28 pm Reason: Mod note not needed.
Old May 12, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Id like to change this title a little.to.. Painless renewal process but does it really work? my husband and Ieach renewed our 2010 global entry last month and it was painless to do so. He was randomly selected for an interview but I didn't even need that.. I did have a spelling error in my application which had been there for five years and was corrected on the phone by a helpful government official who said you don't need to come in I've got a scan of your passport and I can see the mistake and will correct it for you. Got a new card a week later.

However, both of us returned from overseas on different days and flights within the last week, and the kiosks timed out and could not provide a receipt. Of course the regular immigration officers say we are not GE and GE was closed for the evening. We are going back to t he airport to see GE in a couple of days and will report back, but we are not happy campers. I don't think the renewal process is linked to the kiosk programming. We still have the same passports from the original app so it's not that, although renewal is coming up, and nothing was said in my husband's interview which he said was less than 5 minutes.
Old May 15, 2015, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Of course the regular immigration officers say we are not GE and GE was closed for the evening.
IME, last time the kiosk didn't work (at EWR - wouldn't print a receipt), the agent told us that they can not tell if one is GE or not. I find it a bit hard to believe, however, that's what he said.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I don't think they can tell if someone is GE. I have the CBP Sticker on my passport but that is not given out anymore.

Update on our process. Actually got GE ORD on the phone. Could see our attempts and strangely enough my husband and I had both tried the same machine 24 hours apart. They claim our GE info is fine and it was a hardware problem that y he kiosk was working intermittently and will report it. No way for us to verify until next entry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.