Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
Appt isn't until this Thur - so can't tell you. From looking at other threads if fingerprints are not able to be pulled they go into a queue for approval waiver on the prints. That seems to be a day to a week or so for most. I"m hoping my daughter's prints are OK, she will be 6 in the next week - so not too young and I've had her prints work on a test AFIS system at work.

Assuming the 2 year old didn't get prints attempted.
nope the two year old did. And my daughter just turned 6 yesterday and her prints worked but then something went wrong I believe.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:58 pm

Applied Feb 6, approval took about two weeks. Then getting an interview spot at JFK was not possible until April. Finally interviewed yesterday, showed up two hours early because of flight time. Approval e-mail came today.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
So I submitted the application and paid. The instructions say to check back often. Does that mean they will not send a notice by email? Logging in every day for a month is not difficult, but pointless if an email notice also coming.

Most posters here seem to indicate it take a week to a month to get conditional approval, which is a pretty broad range. I'd like to know right away, as I need to arrange my award ticket stopover to match the interview slot (assuming I find one).
My Wife and I got approval in about 1 week, received an email telling us our status has changed. Here is the nice part, we were in Yuma, AZ. There is a interview office in San Luis, AZ, about 15 miles away. There was NO waiting time, you could book your interview almost the next day. At my interview the officer said a man came from Dubi the previous week so he didn't have to wait for a appointment. I guess if you can afford that money is no problem.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:05 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by mrlasssen
My Wife and I got approval in about 1 week, received an email telling us our status has changed. Here is the nice part, we were in Yuma, AZ. There is a interview office in San Luis, AZ, about 15 miles away. There was NO waiting time, you could book your interview almost the next day. At my interview the officer said a man came from Dubi the previous week so he didn't have to wait for a appointment. I guess if you can afford that money is no problem.
Please continue any discussion of interview availability in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:45 pm

Data Point:
SFO

Applied 4/1/2017
Initial Approval 4/10/17
Appointment Scheduled for 11/1/17
Walk in 4/12/2017 waited from 6:50 AM-10:50 AM
11:30 AM Status Change

Last edited by danielonn; May 2, 2017 at 3:36 pm
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by danielonn
Data Point:

Applied 4/1/2017
Initial Approval 4/10/17
Appointment Scheduled for 11/1/17
Walk in 4/12/2017 waited from 6:50 AM-10:50 AM
11:30 AM Status Change
Thank you for sharing. Which GE location did you go for your walk in?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:55 pm

Longest "pending review" ever!

i applied February the 14th and today (8 weeks later) contitional approval is still pending! I'm not an American citizen and there is apparently this one bad guy with my first and lastname that makes me go to secondary clearance every time I enter the US!

57 days today. That doesn't sound like good news huh?

Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Ok. Update. 5 year old - fingerprints appeared to have scanned no waiver

4/2 Applied
4/10 Conditional Approved
4/13 Interview@LAX (found open slot checking every few ours after Conditional approve)
4/13 Approved - one hour after interview
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold
San Diego based

Applied 03-31-17
Conditional approval 04/05/17
First available interview 06-05-17 at SAN
NOTE SAN only has slot open 8 am thru 11 am M-F
after several hours of refreshing and looking, I started to see other option.
very quickly I found the Calexico Border station open with interviews the next morning. 1.25 hour morning road trip.

Scheduled Interview 04/06/17 Calexico interview took just a couple minutes and only a few questions.
Full approval 04/14/17
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Originally Posted by InsUW2
San Diego based

Applied 03-31-17
very quickly I found the Calexico Border station open with interviews the next morning. 1.25 hour morning road trip.

Scheduled Interview 04/06/17 Calexico interview took just a couple minutes and only a few questions.
Full approval 04/14/17
This is what I found at the San Luis AZ border station. Most people there were Mexican families interviewing for NEXIS.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
This is what I found at the San Luis AZ border station. Most people there were Mexican families interviewing for NEXIS.
You mean interviewing for Sentri? NEXUS is a Canadian/US border program
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by InsUW2
San Diego based

Applied 03-31-17

Full approval 04/14/17
It pays to be flexible.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
So I submitted the application and paid. The instructions say to check back often. Does that mean they will not send a notice by email? Logging in every day for a month is not difficult, but pointless if an email notice also coming.

Most posters here seem to indicate it take a week to a month to get conditional approval, which is a pretty broad range. I'd like to know right away, as I need to arrange my award ticket stopover to match the interview slot (assuming I find one).
Here is my data point:
Paid on April 8
Conditional Approval April 16
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:19 am

Here is my data point:
Paid on April 8
Conditional Approval April 16
That is a fairly fast conditional approval. When is your interview date? If you do not find something you prefer, check several times a day when the Global Entry office is open, you are more likely to find something close-in.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: American Airlines, Southwest
husband approved, mine is still processing

I applied for GE 4/10 and am still waiting on approval as of 4/20. My husband applied 4/13 and was conditionally approved 4/20 (7 calendar days). He is a commercial airline pilot and I am wondering if that could be why he got approved so quickly and I got "skipped" over... for now. Application is still processing.
I would think applications would be processed in the order received unless you are getting denied.

Has as anyone been in a similar situation?

Has anyone else applied 4/10/17 or shortly after and already been conditionally approved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.