Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Thanks for this data point. I applied 14 days ago and was planning to send my passport off to get a Brazilian visa while I waited for approval. Seeing some quick turn-around times I decided to wait for approval, but now I think I'll go back to my original plan. While my experiences with TSA have been normal since I got a redress number about 5-6 years ago, my experiences with border control have typically resulted in lots of questions and a couple extra screening experiences. I'd love to know why, but an explanation is apparently too much to ask for a US Citizen with no criminal record.
Applied on August 24
Conditional Approval on September 26
Appointment on October 19

After an appointment that involved no questions other than verifying my personal info I was approved. Got the confirmation before I even made it back to the office. I suppose whatever required extra scrutiny on their end did not require further follow-up.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:31 pm

My wife and I had our interviews at EWR today. The CBP runs a very efficient operation there, with 5 interview stations (2 desks and 3 DMV-style walk up counters). We were only asked for the conditional approval letters, passports and driver licenses. The interviews themselves lasted about 5 minutes each and we received our approval notifications by the time we got back to the short term parking lot.

It's worth noting that a couple of people forgot to bring their conditional approval letters, but were interviewed anyway.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Walked past what used to be the CBP GE office in SFO, looks like it's being reconstructed - oddly it looked like it had glass walls. Didn't look all that carefully so maybe it's still in use, or maybe they've moved elsewhere (which would make sense if they wanted to add desks to run more appointments, the old office did seem small).
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: Aeromexico Club Premier Platino
Originally Posted by pedorrete
Same situation. GE for a year. Sent my Sentri vehicle application 8 days ago. Will update here when I get the approval.
A SENTRI Vehicle Registration data point. From application to approval, 63 days. (there is no pre-approval for vehicles)

Last edited by pedorrete; Oct 26, 2016 at 9:29 am
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:25 am

Update at 8:18am - Of course I get my approval letter after I post my question. Timeline updated.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed with my scenario? It's been 1.5 weeks since my interview and I haven't gotten my final approval letter/confirmation yet. I've tried calling the number provided for SFO everyday for the past week and the line just constantly rings for 5 minutes before disconnecting me. Found an email address that worked for some people and have emailed them twice but have received no response. My next step is to go back to the office and though they are nice I have read horror stories about the agents telling people to email or call and I might just lose my marbles if that happens. Any advice?

My timeline is as follows:

GE location SFO
App submitted Aug 24, 2016
Conditional Approval Sep 2, 2016
Interview October 14, 2016 (only got this appointment after SFO opened a bunch of late slots for Oct-Dec, my original appointment was scheduled for mid-Jan).
Final Approval Oct 26, 2016

Last edited by travelbugging; Oct 26, 2016 at 9:19 am Reason: update
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:55 pm

Timeline for GOEs process -- Balt/DC area:

Applied for GOES online: Sunday, October 16
Conditionally approved: Wednesday, October 26
Scheduled interview date: BWI, November 21

Interesting to note that when I selected BWI from the drop down menu as the location for my interview, I was given two other options besides BWI. I could have had an interview as soon as Monday, Oct 31 at the DC location (downtown) or in late December at IAD (Dulles). I stuck with BWI as I don't have any international travel scheduled until January. Clearly it helps that I live within a 70 mile radius of the three interview sites.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by 385thBG
Timeline for GOEs process -- Balt/DC area:

Applied for GOES online: Sunday, October 16
Conditionally approved: Wednesday, October 26
Scheduled interview date: BWI, November 21

Interesting to note that when I selected BWI from the drop down menu as the location for my interview, I was given two other options besides BWI. I could have had an interview as soon as Monday, Oct 31 at the DC location (downtown) or in late December at IAD (Dulles). I stuck with BWI as I don't have any international travel scheduled until January. Clearly it helps that I live within a 70 mile radius of the three interview sites.
GOES is the acronym for the Global Online Enrollment System and the website which is used to enroll in and update or edit information for all the Trusted Traveler Programs: Global Entry, Flux, NEXUS, SENTRI and FAST.

To avoid confusion, please use "GE" as the abbreviation for Global Entry.

Thank you,

TWA884
Co-moderator, Travel Safety/Security
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Timeline for GE process -- SIN:

Applied for GOES online: June 29, 2016 (the day after it was announced for Singapore Citizens)
Conditionally approved: July 15, 2016
Scheduled interview date: October 26, 2016
GE Officially Approved: October 26, 2016 (Received the email in GOES)

The US Embassy was the only available interview center catered for SIN. When I was looking through the interview dates, April 2017 was the earliest. Singapore International Chamber of Commerce (SICC) opened up later as an alternative interview location. They said it was on an ad-hoc basis only (which I guess probably due to demand).

Was asked a few questions related to my travels and had my fingerprints and picture taken. They had a Global Entry Machine for us to sample so we had a feel of how it works. I notice you had to press down very hard to get your fingerprints recognized. Maybe my fingers wasn't oily enough....
Old Oct 28, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: Start Alliance, Skyteam
What is the typical processing time after applying?
I applied on 10/20 and I have yet to receive my "Conditional Approval"
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
My 2-month old daughter has been "pending review" for 2 weeks. I'm a bit surprised she hasn't been conditionally approved yet, as it seems a lot of older applicants here have been approved in just a few days. She hasn't had enough time on this planet to gain employment, change addresses or commit crimes, so I'm scratching my head on what they're reviewing.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 6:37 pm

Took about 5 days for conditional approval. Currently appointments at DEN are booked out through May 2017.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:44 pm

I filled out the application back in April and was given an appointment for the interview in September at SFO, my home airport. The night before my interview, I pulled out my passport and noticed that it had expired the week before. Ugh. Called in the morning and was told the next available date was in April 2017, a year after my original application, but was tipped off that new evening hours were being added in October and I should check back the next day. Fortunately, I was able to reschedule for the evening of October 29th, and so with my fresh new passport I arrived for my interview a half hour early and was taken right away. It was all very straightforward. The only potential hiccup was an old misdemeanor on my record that was dismissed in 1997, so when asked if I had ever been arrested I had to answer "yes." But after explaining the situation, the interviewer told me that I shouldn't worry and that he was going to recommend me for the Global Entry program. By the time I got home, I already had the email telling me that I was approved.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:10 am

Had my interview 9/23 and finally got my approval notification this weekend. So it took over a month to get the formal approval even though they said I was good to go at the interview. Hopefully I'll get the card too now.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: Start Alliance, Skyteam
Applied on 10/20 and got approved today on 10/31, 10 days total.
Scheduled my appointment for interview for tomorrow 11/1.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:54 am

Just to add another data point...

11 Oct: Applied for UK Border Force clearance
12 Oct: Approved by UK Border Force, Applied for GE via GOES
21 Oct: Conditionally approved by CBP, but unable to find any availability for an appointment
28 Oct: Found an appointment in London on 31 Oct
31 Oct: Had appointment; received approval email 10 mins later

London interviews are fully booked [save for slots freed by cancellations], and it was also impossible to find any availability at any of the US cities I'm scheduled to visit in the coming months - a bit frustrating having to check back repeatedly for slots.

Edit: Also, in case useful for anyone else in a similar boat - I have been to a few 'interesting' countries in the past few years (Lebanon, Saudi). During the interview I was naturally asked about my visits to these countries, but pleased to report that it wasn't a barrier to getting approval. As has been said elsewhere, being open and transparent is key.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.