Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by tehspecs
I applied on Sunday and still waiting for the decision on approval. I'm actually more scared to see how bad the appointment wait is going to be at ORD. It's kind of crazy that you can't even see a schedule until you're approved. With PreCheck you can see appointments before you apply.
There's opening starting late May at ORD.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:37 pm

Applied on 4/24, conditional approval on 4/28, but the next available interview at PDX isn't until 10/7!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Gold, Emerald Club Executive Elite, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mister yub
There's opening starting late May at ORD.
Thank you for looking at that!

Edit: Just got conditionally approved. Currently scheduled for May 24 but seconds after I scheduled an appointment opened up next Monday (May 2). I can't make that one work but it's a testament to the fact that appointments churn quite a bit.

Last edited by tehspecs; Apr 29, 2016 at 2:23 pm
Old Apr 29, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Gold, Emerald Club Executive Elite, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cow_town
Applied on 4/24, conditional approval on 4/28, but the next available interview at PDX isn't until 10/7!
I'm seeing a couple in September but still... that's insane.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by cow_town
Keep checking. You may very well find something in the next two weeks, if not sooner.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: United Mileageplus
SO is waiting for the global entry card (He needs to use it at land borders between the USA and Mexico) It's been two weeks since approval and card hasn't come in the mail yet
Old May 2, 2016, 11:07 am

How long does it take from interview to approval of Global entry?

I applied Global entry on April 20th and got conditionally approved on May 1st. Found an interview date in SFO on the very next day (May 2nd at 8am). I confirmed it right away since the next was available on November 8th.

It took a while to get to SFO airport during rush hour but made it in time, was seen right away by CBP officer. They advised that they will review further and let me know their decision within 30 days.

I noted a notice on the door that they only see 6 walk-ins per day with no guarantee. (see attached picture).

So now that the interview is complete and fingerprints were taken, when may I expect to hear from them?
Attached Images  
Old May 2, 2016, 11:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Crazeenyc
So now that the interview is complete and fingerprints were taken, when may I expect to hear from them?
I was notified on the walk to BART after I left. I recall reading somewhere, and not sure if it was on this thread or the Global Entry site, not to book appointments less than 24 hours out. If you haven't received approval yet, wondering if that might be because they have not had the opportunity to do whatever research is required prior to your interview.

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old May 2, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors Silver
Hi Everyone...just a data point:

Application--3/1
Conditional Approval--3/7
Interview--4/16 (PHL)
Approval/Denial---Still waiting. . .

Was not approved immediately due to an arrest which came up in the background check (from 2001). I disclosed the incident at the time of the interview, and its outcome (charges dropped following probation). I was told that it had to go to a supervisor for review and to call after two weeks had passed if there was no status change. I called today and was told that the supervisor is extremely busy and I shouldn't be calling to check on a status (even though I was instructed to).

Anyone else have a time table in which they weren't approved immediately to when they received a final approval/denial?
Old May 2, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: United Mileageplus
How long did it take you guys to receive your global entry cards after approval? MY So is sitll waiting for his (Approved on April 15th) I can see the "Activate card" on his goes account but still no card in the mail.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
3 weeks-ish
Old May 3, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Airportismyadobe
How long did it take you guys to receive your global entry cards after approval? MY So is sitll waiting for his (Approved on April 15th) I can see the "Activate card" on his goes account but still no card in the mail.
One week.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Airportismyadobe
A week.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:04 pm

Fast in my opinion

Ok - I wanted to reply with our own story because I spent so much time on these boards and elsewhere trying to find as much information about this process as I could and it helped so I wanted to pay it forward.

* Applied for my wife and I via the GOES website on 4/24/16
* Both conditionally approved on 4/29/16
* Live in the Seattle area and the first appointment at the Seattle Urban center was November 2016 and Seatac was booked out to September. So, we decided on Blaine which is only 2 hours north on the border and so we scheduled our interview there for June 12th.
* Then, I started pouring over these boards to discover that if you're persistent enough, that you can move yourself up with just a little work. We are flying domestically in a couple of weeks and wanted TSA pre check.
* This was also when I discovered that a not so fun misdemeanor that my wife had received 15 years ago might be a problem.
* On May 2nd, I found a Blaine appointment for my wife (whose schedule is more flexible) for May 12th.
* Then I became fixed on landing one in the Seattle area. I logged in sporadically over the next day or so and had secured an interview for myself on May 3rd and one for my wife on May 4th. Both at Seatac.
* My interview process was a breeze - about 5 minutes and had the approval notification in my email by the time I even found my car.
* Now - my wife and her aforementioned legal issue. I had seen that one misdemeanor older than ten years old "shouldn't be an issue". But I fretted - she didn't, just me. I forced her to do mock interviews with me to help her come up with how to explain her lapse in judgement 15 years ago.
* I nervously waited by the phone during her interview time and she called to tell me it was easy. I asked her if they asked about her "crime" and she said she disclosed it herself when they asked her to look at the laminated paper that has the questions about reckless driving, ever had customs issues, etc. The agent told her it didn't matter as it was more than ten years ago and shrugged it off. He did say that if she had two, even more than ten years ago - that he'd have to deny her.
* It did take almost 24 hours for her to be fully approved on the GOES website - assuming her application had to have an additional level of review due to her misdemeanor.

Anyway - the moral of the story. Be honest and stay on the website and hit refresh every once in a while - there were plenty of cancellations that opened up that I didn't jump on because I knew it was only a matter of time before I landed one within the next couple of days.

Good luck all.
Old May 6, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: HiltonHonors Silver
* It did take almost 24 hours for her to be fully approved on the GOES website - assuming her application had to have an additional level of review due to her misdemeanor.

Jeez...that was quick...I'm *still* waiting from my interview on 4/16!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.