Reload this Page >

The Official Delta Fly Swatter Cabin Divider Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Delta Fly Swatter Cabin Divider Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by udontknowme
That's why I specified heavy machine guns. The Pig (if you know the reference, you've been there) is a medium MG. Give me the M2 Browning any day. In the current application forget tracer or AP rounds.
Ma Deuce (if you know the reference, you've been there).
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by DaveBlaine
Ma Deuce (if you know the reference, you've been there).
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SpewyMcSpew
Great picture to go along with this thread ... ... (crickets)
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
I'd also like to know what a "flyswatter" door looks like. Maybe I'll see when I fly in about 10 days.
Here's a link to what fly swatter cabin dividers look like on Lufthansa.

http://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/201...emium-economy/
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: United 1K (Star Alliance Gold) IHG Platinum
Ok seriously... how many times has anyone flown where you're really bothered by rogue passengers in the wrong cabin?

I can remember twice in the past year. Once because a lady in the front of economy really needed to use the restroom and the beverage cart was in the way. Other time because a mother needed a glass of water for her child and her FA wasn't busy.

In either case, I wasn't annoyed and understood why they "dared" to venture out of their assigned place.

I do understand that we pay more (or at least my company pays more) to be in first or business first. However, an elitist attitude doesn't make any sense to me. If first is suddenly overrun by plebes then ask the FA to do something about it if she/he hasn't already.

Otherwise, for those that are really bothered, lighten up or take a private jet if you really don't want to see the common folk.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
I've stated in other posts that I think first-class bathrooms should be limited to only first-class passengers, but I was recently on a flight where one of the rear lavs was broken, and there was a huge line of people waiting to use the only remaining loo. I do think in those circumstances that they should announce that all or some of the coach passengers should use the FC bathrooms if needed. And by making the announcement the FC passengers would be put on notice that it was an emergency situation.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
same coin, opposite side: I was recently on a SEA-ATL redeye where a pilot or FA discovered a problem with the F lav during boarding; after maintenance told the crew it would be at least a three-hour fix, the captain and the lead FA asked all 20 F passengers if they objected to having to walk to the back of the jet to use the lav during flight, or if they would rather wait for the repair

I certainly didn't hear any DYKWIA-like mumbling about "Well, they better avert their eyes when I'm behind the divider!" ... we pushed about 20 min late and blocked in on time
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Cloudship
Obviously there is something going on in the first class bathroom experience that I don't know about, because it is just a bathroom to me - no reason to be exclusive about it.

By the way, been a little while since I was on DL - what are these new fly swatter cabin dividers? Can someone post a pic?
When I was younger and in my economy seat days my boss would tell me about flying in First. I recall being so disappointed when she said the toilet was the same size as those in Economy! I had imagined luxury (like the Emirates A380 bathroom) but it wasn't around in those days! lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.