Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club at ATL review?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

The Club at ATL review?

Will be flying BB club class. How is the new lounge? I wondered if it. Is as good as the old Club lounge? I saw it opened last week. Anybody try it?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:27 pm
Suspended

It is great

The new Club in F is great and has a deck. Now they all seem updated, fresh.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
The new Club in F is great and has a deck. Now they all seem updated, fresh.
That's the DL Sky Club, not The Club at ATL which is an independent lounge.

There are a couple reviews at the link there.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Judyrem
Will be flying BB club class. How is the new lounge? I wondered if it. Is as good as the old Club lounge? I saw it opened last week. Anybody try it?
The new lounge is solid, I prefer it to Delta's SkyClub (although maybe not to the new SkyClub in F, that one is really well done). The food and beverage options are better but it's still pretty far from luxury/international standards. So, you'll likely find "The Club at ATL" to be worse than the old BA lounge (although I've never been).

For those that are interested, I've uploaded a short review and a few pictures from my trial visit here: Weekend Blitz -- THE CLUB AT ATL – ATLANTA’S NEWEST (AND BEST?) LOUNGE

Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: Most at varying levels of elite-ness.
It's a steal if you've got a long connection at ATL on a domestic hop. I did a full video review not long ago. Watch it now at modhop:

http://www.modhop.com/video-club-at-atl/
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:53 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the South forum where non-airline run airport lounges in the South including ATL are discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA
I can't add much to this other than to add another datapoint that the Club at ATL is FAR better than the new skyclub just across the lobby from it (the one with the 'outdoor terrace'--which was closed when I tried to visit!)

the club has good alcohol for free, actual food, bottled water, and has been deserted all three times I've tried it.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCA1983
I can't add much to this other than to add another datapoint that the Club at ATL is FAR better than the new skyclub just across the lobby from it (the one with the 'outdoor terrace'--which was closed when I tried to visit!)

the club has good alcohol for free, actual food, bottled water, and has been deserted all three times I've tried it.
Excellent point and one worth reiterating. It's not that the Club at ATL is an excellent lounge by excellent lounge standards (think Lufthansa First Lounge FRA), it's a good lounge by ATL standards. Basically the only game in town in SkyClub and they only offer small snacks and (increasingly) cheaper booze. To top it off, everyone and their brother in ATL seems to have SkyClub access making the lounges quite often overcrowded.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
For those who found this thread in the South forum and want more reviews of The Club, here's is the link to a thread in the DL forum. I always choose this club over the SkyClubs if I have time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nge-atl-f.html
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:17 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by modhop
It's a steal if you've got a long connection at ATL on a domestic hop. [/url]
Is it easily accessible if you're flying domestic DL?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:02 pm

You just ride the train between terminals. My boyfriend visited The Club earlier this month when he was flying Delta.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:58 pm

Landing Lufthansa First Class (Star Alliance)

Departing American 3 hours later (One World)

Will I have access?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 110pgl
Landing Lufthansa First Class (Star Alliance)

Departing American 3 hours later (One World)

Will I have access?
Contract lounges typically only support each airline pre-flight, and do not accommodate arriving passengers. I would definitely ask the LH agent who will meet you and the other F passengers at baggage claim as well as go to the lounge and ask nicely. Because LH uses the same plane, the departing passengers will be in the lounge waiting to leave, and they may just let you in too.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
Contract lounges typically only support each airline pre-flight, and do not accommodate arriving passengers. I would definitely ask the LH agent who will meet you and the other F passengers at baggage claim as well as go to the lounge and ask nicely. Because LH uses the same plane, the departing passengers will be in the lounge waiting to leave, and they may just let you in too.
Figured it was a 50/50 prop. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.