Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

The Club at ATL review?

The Club at ATL review?

Old Jul 27, 13, 2:19 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
The Club at ATL review?

Will be flying BB club class. How is the new lounge? I wondered if it. Is as good as the old Club lounge? I saw it opened last week. Anybody try it?
Judyrem is offline  
Old Jul 27, 13, 3:27 pm
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,621
It is great

The new Club in F is great and has a deck. Now they all seem updated, fresh.
DaddyRabbit is offline  
Old Jul 28, 13, 8:04 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,159
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post
The new Club in F is great and has a deck. Now they all seem updated, fresh.
That's the DL Sky Club, not The Club at ATL which is an independent lounge.

There are a couple reviews at the link there.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Aug 15, 13, 3:30 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CHS
Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 649
Originally Posted by Judyrem View Post
Will be flying BB club class. How is the new lounge? I wondered if it. Is as good as the old Club lounge? I saw it opened last week. Anybody try it?
The new lounge is solid, I prefer it to Delta's SkyClub (although maybe not to the new SkyClub in F, that one is really well done). The food and beverage options are better but it's still pretty far from luxury/international standards. So, you'll likely find "The Club at ATL" to be worse than the old BA lounge (although I've never been).

For those that are interested, I've uploaded a short review and a few pictures from my trial visit here: Weekend Blitz -- THE CLUB AT ATL – ATLANTA’S NEWEST (AND BEST?) LOUNGE

jmgriffin is offline  
Old Jan 10, 14, 11:35 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Most at varying levels of elite-ness.
Posts: 41
It's a steal if you've got a long connection at ATL on a domestic hop. I did a full video review not long ago. Watch it now at modhop:

http://www.modhop.com/video-club-at-atl/
modhop is offline  
Old Jan 10, 14, 4:53 pm
  #6  
Senior Moderator/Moderator: United MileagePlus
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Francisco, CA
Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Posts: 12,136
Please follow the thread as it moves to the South forum where non-airline run airport lounges in the South including ATL are discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Ocn Vw 1K is offline  
Old Jan 23, 14, 2:41 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WAS
Programs: UA
Posts: 230
I can't add much to this other than to add another datapoint that the Club at ATL is FAR better than the new skyclub just across the lobby from it (the one with the 'outdoor terrace'--which was closed when I tried to visit!)

the club has good alcohol for free, actual food, bottled water, and has been deserted all three times I've tried it.
DCA1983 is offline  
Old Jan 24, 14, 6:57 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CHS
Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 649
Originally Posted by DCA1983 View Post
I can't add much to this other than to add another datapoint that the Club at ATL is FAR better than the new skyclub just across the lobby from it (the one with the 'outdoor terrace'--which was closed when I tried to visit!)

the club has good alcohol for free, actual food, bottled water, and has been deserted all three times I've tried it.
Excellent point and one worth reiterating. It's not that the Club at ATL is an excellent lounge by excellent lounge standards (think Lufthansa First Lounge FRA), it's a good lounge by ATL standards. Basically the only game in town in SkyClub and they only offer small snacks and (increasingly) cheaper booze. To top it off, everyone and their brother in ATL seems to have SkyClub access making the lounges quite often overcrowded.
jmgriffin is offline  
Old Apr 24, 14, 9:24 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SAT
Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 2,964
For those who found this thread in the South forum and want more reviews of The Club, here's is the link to a thread in the DL forum. I always choose this club over the SkyClubs if I have time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nge-atl-f.html
mattp1987 is offline  
Old Oct 24, 14, 7:17 pm
  #10  
b8b
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SXSW
Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Posts: 972
Originally Posted by modhop View Post
It's a steal if you've got a long connection at ATL on a domestic hop. [/url]
Is it easily accessible if you're flying domestic DL?
b8b is offline  
Old Oct 24, 14, 8:02 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,191
You just ride the train between terminals. My boyfriend visited The Club earlier this month when he was flying Delta.
wcj1 is offline  
Old Nov 1, 15, 3:58 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 4,649
Landing Lufthansa First Class (Star Alliance)

Departing American 3 hours later (One World)

Will I have access?
Global321 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 15, 1:23 pm
  #13  
Moderator, Trip Reports
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 6km East of EPAYE
Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,473
Originally Posted by 110pgl View Post
Landing Lufthansa First Class (Star Alliance)

Departing American 3 hours later (One World)

Will I have access?
Contract lounges typically only support each airline pre-flight, and do not accommodate arriving passengers. I would definitely ask the LH agent who will meet you and the other F passengers at baggage claim as well as go to the lounge and ask nicely. Because LH uses the same plane, the departing passengers will be in the lounge waiting to leave, and they may just let you in too.
Madone59 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 15, 1:32 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 4,649
Originally Posted by Madone59 View Post
Contract lounges typically only support each airline pre-flight, and do not accommodate arriving passengers. I would definitely ask the LH agent who will meet you and the other F passengers at baggage claim as well as go to the lounge and ask nicely. Because LH uses the same plane, the departing passengers will be in the lounge waiting to leave, and they may just let you in too.
Figured it was a 50/50 prop. Thanks!
Global321 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: