Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
This thread is for ExpertFlyer Information and Updates only (as per its title) and many subscribe to it for this purpose. For other issues, please see the ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk thread.

If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com - Master Information and Updates Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Question LX Availability

Hi, I recently looked for availability on LX between ORD/JFK to ZRH and on to JNB. EF says there are 2 seats in F on a range of dates, especially the 15th or 16th December, but when I call US Airways to redeem they say there are no seats.

Does this mean that the seats that EF show is only for redemption using LX miles? Or is it supposed to be Star Alliance award bookings too?

Ryan
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:39 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RyanG
Hi, I recently looked for availability on LX between ORD/JFK to ZRH and on to JNB. EF says there are 2 seats in F on a range of dates, especially the 15th or 16th December, but when I call US Airways to redeem they say there are no seats.

Does this mean that the seats that EF show is only for redemption using LX miles? Or is it supposed to be Star Alliance award bookings too?

Ryan
As noted on the results page of our Award & Upgrade search:

**NOTE** The Award & Upgrade information is only valid for flights flown on the searched airline (not code shares) and only when using miles/points/certificates from the searched airline, not partner airlines.

So there is a good possiblity that US doesn't have access to the same LX award availability that LX gives to it's own frequent flyers.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:49 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Hi ExpertFlyer Voice,

I've emailed via the website several times asking for a checkbox system to be implemented to delete multiple old queries at once. I keep getting responses that this is coming in the next update, but it never comes. Can we get any traction on this? It'd be a big timesaver for those of us with many saved queries.

Also, now that Seat Alerts have been added, is there any chance you could increase the total alert limit beyond 20? The limit was fine when it was just Flight Alerts (assuming it hasn't changed), but is a bit tight now that it's split with Seat Alerts.

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:14 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
Hi ExpertFlyer Voice,

I've emailed via the website several times asking for a checkbox system to be implemented to delete multiple old queries at once. I keep getting responses that this is coming in the next update, but it never comes. Can we get any traction on this? It'd be a big timesaver for those of us with many saved queries.

Also, now that Seat Alerts have been added, is there any chance you could increase the total alert limit beyond 20? The limit was fine when it was just Flight Alerts (assuming it hasn't changed), but is a bit tight now that it's split with Seat Alerts.

Thanks!
I think what they meant by next update is more of the overall update of the UI vs. individual feature updates. However I’ll see if we can get that done now.

The Alert limit is tricky because all of those alert checks add up to a non-trivial part of our data costs. We’re evaluating a few ways to reduce our data costs and if they pan out we may very well increase the active Alert limit. We will keep everyone posted.

-EFV
Old Feb 26, 2010, 4:06 pm

Thanks very much!
Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:06 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
I was shown Expertflyer by a friend who is a member and WOW, was I impressed ^. A few things I dont understand however:

1. I found a great W fare on UA for around $1925 AUD, yet when I go to price the exact dates/itin on UA AUST website, it keeps telling me the W fare is $2121 (base fare) with taxes = $ 2242 . I understand your fares are base fares, but that is quite a large difference with UA site only showing fees/taxes at about $123.

2. How do I book the fares I find on EF, given that UA.bomb is not playing nice and charging almost $350 more?

3. I generally like to fly SYD-LAX and then fly home via LAX-SFO-SYD (more miles ). I couldnt find a way to price this on EF. It would not give me direct one way and the connection on the return leg only. When I check the connections button, it will still route me home via LAX direct if that is the city I arrived in.

I really love EF, the seat maps are fantastic, so is the Award inventory screens, so please if you have a discount coupon for new members, I would love to know about it.

Many thanks .
Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:11 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Thanks, let's see if we can answer your questions:

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
1. I found a great W fare on UA for around $1925 AUD, yet when I go to price the exact dates/itin on UA AUST website, it keeps telling me the W fare is $2121 (base fare) with taxes = $ 2242 . I understand your fares are base fares, but that is quite a large difference with UA site only showing fees/taxes at about $123.
There is a very good chance there is a hidden fuel surcharge that's not part of the published fare. Did you take a look at the rules for the fare to see if one was mentioned?

2. How do I book the fares I find on EF, given that UA.bomb is not playing nice and charging almost $350 more?
Again, they really are the same, but the fuel surcharges can throw things off. Airlines sometimes include surcharges in the "base" price that only show up when you price out an itinerary. Also, make sure UA is quoting the same Fare Basis as you saw on ExpertFlyer, and not a different fare that also books into W class.

3. I generally like to fly SYD-LAX and then fly home via LAX-SFO-SYD (more miles ). I couldnt find a way to price this on EF. It would not give me direct one way and the connection on the return leg only. When I check the connections button, it will still route me home via LAX direct if that is the city I arrived in.
When you say “price” do you mean a Fare Information search? If so, then a connection city isn’t part of the search, but check the Routing Rules for the fares to make sure that a given fare allows such a connection

If you are referring to a Flight Availability search, then I suggest you do one search as a non-stop and a separate one for the return specifying the connection city.

I really love EF, the seat maps are fantastic, so is the Award inventory screens, so please if you have a discount coupon for new members, I would love to know about it.
Well we have a discount where if you sign up for a year you get 12 months of Premium service for the price of 10. However we are not currently running any special promotions at this time.

Many thanks .
Thank you! If you have any further questions, you can email our support team at [email protected] and they’ll be happy to assist you.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:15 am

[QUOTE=ExpertFlyer Voice;13489522]Thanks, let's see if we can answer your questions:

There is a very good chance there is a hidden fuel surcharge that's not part of the published fare. Did you take a look at the rules for the fare to see if one was mentioned? [QUOTE]

On UA it says this under price breakdown: Fare includes US excise tax, and carrier-imposed fuel surcharges (YQ) of up to $250 USD per direction of travel may apply. I couldnt see anything in the fare rules

Again, they really are the same, but the fuel surcharges can throw things off. Airlines sometimes include surcharges in the "base" price that only show up when you price out an itinerary. Also, make sure UA is quoting the same Fare Basis as you saw on ExpertFlyer, and not a different fare that also books into W class.

It is same fare basis code:WK1YAU Bottom line is I want to purchase the LOWER fare .

When you say “price” do you mean a Fare Information search? If so, then a connection city isn’t part of the search, but check the Routing Rules for the fares to make sure that a given fare allows such a connection

If you are referring to a Flight Availability search, then I suggest you do one search as a non-stop and a separate one for the return specifying the connection city.

I think it was under flight availability but I was trying to get a price for a one stop connection on the WAY HOME only.

Well we have a discount where if you sign up for a year you get 12 months of Premium service for the price of 10. However we are not currently running any special promotions at this time.

Hmm, ok. How much does it cost?

Thank you! If you have any further questions, you can email our support team at [email protected] and they’ll be happy to assist you.
Thanks again. Sorry I have somehow mucked up the quotes in this
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Hmm, ok. How much does it cost?
Well, I'm sure the ever patient ExpertFlyer Voice will answer this directly, but wouldn't it be quicker and immensely more efficient to simply go to:

http://www.expertflyer.com

and click the big URL at the top of the page that says "Service Plans and Rates?"

Regards
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:28 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Downunder girl, please email the date and flights you're looking at to [email protected] so we can help you further, thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Downunder girl, please email the date and flights you're looking at to [email protected] so we can help you further, thanks.
Many thanks for your time and patience. I will be emailing you shortly .
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:50 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dstan
We just pushed an update that has implimented this. Also, we added a "Delete All Expired Alerts" button on the View Alerts page.

Enjoy.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:13 am

Outstanding - now that's some good customer service! ^
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thank you for moving the execute button next to edit on the saved queries page.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What causes seap map to show empty seats when it is F0?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.