Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Latest version (as of 24-Oct-2021) - available at http://depositfiles.com/files/2c753ofyy.
Print Wikipost

Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Exclamation New update available

An update is now available.

• Route maps updated to reflect March 2009.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Thanks, this is a fantastic tool! Any chance to have it work on a Mac?!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 6:59 pm

Question Small Bug Found

Not sure if you know or not (or care ), but for those who customize routes table for their own use, there is small bug:

It appears that if you have a city pair, and equipment for same airline is different one way vs. the other, the tool does not display it. for example:

in your routes.dat file you may have

YX CLE MKE * 0 733
YX MKE CLE * 0 735

when you highlight the route, tool tip will show only the first one as so:

"YX Midwest Airlines | 733"

Otherwise, great tool! Thank you and Cheers!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 2:41 pm

timetable help

Thanks for this great tool. I am also interested in timetables/schedules. Where do you get the timetables for airlines that do not expose their schedules/timetables? For example TAM Airlines (carrier = JJ) does not have timetables on their web site but I see that your tool does have the routes. Would you be so kind as to reveal the source(s) of your data? Finding schedule data as proven to be more difficult than I thought. Thanks again.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

I am not prepared to reveal the exact data sources, sorry. The route information is obtained by combining data from multiple sources.

For point-to-point timetables, you can use Amadeus. I am not aware of any publicly available website that would list complete timetables for airlines such as TAM. You may want to consider commercial products like OAG or eSkyGuide, although I am not sure they would show information in the format you want.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Exclamation New update

A new update is now available.

• Route maps updated to reflect May 2009.
  • Bug with different equipment codes for inbound and outbound routes fixed.
Old May 7, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: QF PS, NZ Silver
Nice application! You should release a Mac version though, I can't really use it until then
Old May 8, 2009, 9:10 pm

Great application! It runs great on Windows 7 RC1 in VMware Fusion on my Mac - my one problem with it is there's no QantasLink as far as I can see. When mousing over a route (e.g. PQQ-SYD) I can see QF codeshare listed as one of the airlines, but it doesn't show up as an airline flying that route, and no QantasLink destinations appear in the main map, ever. Is it possible to add their routes? Thanks
Old May 9, 2009, 3:35 am
Original Poster

QantasLink appears as QF codeshares. To see their destinations (along with regular Qantas destinations), select QF in the list of airlines and click on the "codeshares" button on the toolbar.

I have no information about the routes flown specifically by QuantasLink - they are published in alliance timetables simply as QF codeshares, unfortunately.
Old May 9, 2009, 11:01 am

awsome!!! ive been looking for an easy way to just pick an airport or airline and see all the available routes and destinations...its also great cause it covers all known flghts...so you can find airlines that dont sell through agents like expedia or tripadvisor...really a handy too for spotting local airlines that may offer a better deal...
Old May 13, 2009, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought I'd share my update to my alliances.dat file. It includes a number of non-Alliance FF partners.

Code:
# alliance-name list-of-airlines
Star Alliance	AC BD CA FM JK LH LO LX MS NH NZ OS OZ SA SK SQ TG TK TP UA US JP KF OU
oneworld	4M AA BA CX AY IB JC JL JO KA LA LP MA NU QF RJ XL
SkyTeam		AF AM AZ CM CO CZ DL KE KL KQ NW OK SU UX
AA+partners	4M AA BA CX AY IB JC JL JO KA LA LP MA NU QF RJ XL FJ TN AS SN LY GF HA MX YW JO JC NU NC EZ
oneworld+affil	4M AA BA CX AY IB JC JL JO KA LA LP MA NU QF RJ XL YW JO JC NU NC EZ
UA+partners	AC BD CA FM JK LH LO LX MS NH NZ OS OZ SA SK SQ TG TK TP UA US EI HA QR AP IS TA EK 9W JJ
DL+partners	AF AM AZ CM CO CZ DL KE KL KQ NW OK SU UX AS AV HA CI SQ
NW+partners	AF AM AZ CM CO CZ DL KE KL KQ NW OK SU UX AS TN CI MU 3M JL 9W IT MH MA YX
Old May 15, 2009, 3:55 am

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
This is an incredibly useful tool, much appreciated!! ^^
Old May 22, 2009, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I am finding this version isn't working right for me. I chose Star Alliance airlines and also used a customized UA and US and the cities and routes did not show up correctly.
Old May 22, 2009, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CApreppie
I chose Star Alliance airlines and also used a customized UA and US and the cities and routes did not show up correctly.
Do you get to see nothing at all, or incorrect/missing cities/routes?
Can you post a screenshot please?

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2009, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Do you get to see nothing at all, or incorrect/missing cities/routes?
Can you post a screenshot please?

Thanks!
Not sure how I post a screen shot. I could send it to you via email of course.

For example: I select UA US customized and hit Charleston (CHS) and it only shows one route: CHS-CLT. I know that United flies there from IAD and ORD, but they do not show up.

Previous version did not do this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.