Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 21, 14, 10:03 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Award booking services - a list and some reviews
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post; members with 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update.

Award booking services (alphabetical):

• Award Advocate: Domestic $75 p/p International $100 p/p, no additional charge for last minute
  • Award Booking Service: $100/person
  • Award Travel Consulting: Award Search: $100/person | Booking ticket: $50/itinerary; changes: new trip
  • Awardmagic $139 per person or $249 per person for RTW trips
  • Book Your Award (Gary Leff/View From The Wing): Booking: $150 per person; changes: $75 per one-way
  • Easy Award Booking (Canadian award booking service): Booking: $99 CAD per person
  • Flightfox Consultative flight searching; fees start at $99
  • Juicy Miles (Adam/Point Me to the Plane): Booking: $125 per person; changes: included within reason
  • MilesElite: $99 for award search and $149 for award search and booking.
  • Miles Momma Booking Services Airline Booking: $150 up to 2 passengers. $25 additional passengers. Hotel Booking: $100 for up to 3 hotels.
  • MileValue Award Booking Service (Scott Grimmer): Booking: $125 per person; changes: $79 per; Explorer Award/RTW Award: $250 per person
  • PointsPros (Ben Schlappig/One Mile At A Time): Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; changes: "a nominal fee"
  • Reward Flyer: Free service as long as you apply for credit cards through their site.
  • Shrewd Travel: (Sylvania on FT) Booking: $250 per person; changes: unknown
  • SFO777.com (SFO777 on FT) Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary
  • UpgradeGuru (chanp on FT) $150 first passenger, $75 each additional passenger; changes small fee
  • Upgrd Awards (MatthewLAX on FT, Live and Let's Fly blog) $150 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; changes $75 but can vary
    zainman, FT member since 2009, offers his consultant services for $ as well

Note: This list is not an endorsement of any particular award booking service; please do your research and read this thread. See the FT Disclaimers for disclaimer of responsibility for use of these services, etc. Please add other services and options you know about to this wiki. Also, please post any personal experiences you may have with any of these services in this thread.

Print Wikipost

Old Nov 5, 12, 8:36 am   #76
b8b

Programs: US & DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPpete View Post
I tried using Ben's service earlier this year. Very poor customer contact experience from an associate of his. No reply to my emails after the initial inquiry. I canceled my request and still received no reply or contact.

I like his blog, but the award booking service needs attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenny84 View Post
Seconded on this.
Unfortunately, I must concur: great blog, booking service isn't a professional service. Perhaps they prioritize the easy ones. I will look to one of the others recommended here. Thanks for the reviews.
b8b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 12, 4:38 pm   #77
b8b

Contacted www.milevalue.com - >24 hours ago (after submitting form, it said I response in <24 hours), still no response.
Old Nov 9, 12, 12:22 pm   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinniped View Post
I guess my point is that a travel agent doesn't add any value to me for airlines and hotels - except perhaps if we're talking about boutiques or B&B's that the agent knows very well. In fact, I've had cases where I used a 3rd party agent and then had problems changing, canceling, viewing, or otherwise managing a reservation directly with an airline or hotel. The involvement of the TA actually injected problems into the situation.

My other point was that I would pay for something that a human travel agent can still bring to the table in 2011: ridiculously good local knowledge that can effectively "curate" the gigabytes of review information on the Internet and in guidebooks. So yes, I would let them handle all of those bookings and make commissions on that...

Later this year, I'll have a few days in each of Mumbai, Delhi, and Kathmandu. I know little about any of those cities or regions. I will probably sniff around, do some of my own research, but may end up finding a travel agent who really knows how to plan activities in each one. My hunch is that I'll book some things through the agent - drivers, guides, etc. - and they'll make commission that way.
Virtuoso, maybe?
yerffej201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 12, 1:31 pm   #79

I have used http://www.worldclassperks.com/ 3 times in the past month for 2 future vacation trips and one trip for my friends - total of 9 tickets and their service was fantastic. I'm not a big miles junkie but understand the value. We were provided multiple options, cabin layouts, difference between first and business pricing and how first class for our Asia trip was better (have a boat load of United mies). Our 2 trips were booked within 24 hours and our friends within a few days as they were exploring additional destinations.
KiranSatish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 13, 2:50 pm   #80

Same thing here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b8b View Post
Contacted www.milevalue.com - >24 hours ago (after submitting form, it said I response in <24 hours), still no response.
tonyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 13, 2:55 pm   #81

Programs: SkyMiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiranSatish View Post
I have used http://www.worldclassperks.com/ 3 times in the past month for 2 future vacation trips and one trip for my friends - total of 9 tickets and their service was fantastic. I'm not a big miles junkie but understand the value. We were provided multiple options, cabin layouts, difference between first and business pricing and how first class for our Asia trip was better (have a boat load of United mies). Our 2 trips were booked within 24 hours and our friends within a few days as they were exploring additional destinations.
What were their fees?
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 13, 5:40 pm   #82

World Class Perks

WCP charges a minimum $200 award booking fee per ticket and the rate could be higher based on the type of complexity of the redemption.

visit worldclassperks.com for more details
WorldClassPerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 13, 7:30 pm   #83
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond
I figure I might as well plug my company...

We are very busy but still taking on new clients.

Let our Award Expert Team help you out on your next award redemption--we book millions of miles each week and can help you on any and all award redemptions.
Old Feb 4, 13, 8:02 pm   #84
b8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassPerks View Post
WCP charges a minimum $200 award booking fee per ticket ... the rate could be higher...
As one might expect from the single post on FT as well as the other new-member reference, IMO, the "WCP" service... well, let's just say I had a personal experience with his service and feel I could, and have, done better myself. Feel free to PM me for details. Buyer beware. I personally believe it would be better to pay less and go with a reliable/know service.

Conversely:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post
Let our Award Expert Team ...we book millions of miles each week and can help you on any and all award redemptions.
UPGRD.com is awesome! I used them to book a recent trip.

They're very patient and knowledgable, and have expertise on all the routes and rules (as one might imagine from an FT Evangelist and his team).

__
I didn't see Award Travel Services on the list - I also booked one with him, he was able to find me a great award booking, accomplished what appeared to be an impossible US award - something I couldn't easily do myself, if at all.

Last edited by b8b; Feb 15, 13 at 5:32 pm..
Old Feb 4, 13, 10:21 pm   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by b8b View Post
I didn't see Award Travel Services on the list - I also booked one with him, he was able to find me a great award booking, accomplished what appeared to be an impossible US award - something I couldn't easily do myself, if at all.
Thanks for the mention!

I used to be called The Flight Concierge at the beginning before switching over to Award Travel Services about a couple of months ago.

(Also could the OP kindly please update the opening post. Thanks a ton. )
belfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 13, 8:37 am   #86

B8B - Sorry that you didn't like or enjoy my service. I never lied about my service and was fairly open about my price and service offering - infact I had provided you with all the information in advance, and you still decided to work with that pricing.

I couldn't have created segments for you (16 of those) which did not exist.

Thank you

Last edited by WorldClassPerks; Feb 16, 13 at 8:39 am.. Reason: grammatical error
Old Feb 16, 13, 9:23 am   #87

Programs: SkyMiles
Do these services charge you even if they can't find exactly what you wanted?

Like if you have to travel on certain dates, only want low awards, not crazy taxes and fees and no crazy layovers?
wco81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 13, 9:26 am   #88

My service doesn't charge unless you get exactly what you want. If something's not possible, I would tell you upfront, but that's very rarely the case.

I can't speak for anyone else.
belfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 13, 9:33 am   #89
b8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I can tell you that WorldClassPerks didn't have the expertise to know up-front that a routing was not possible (I've booked a 16 segment route with Aeroplan before and just recently had a 15-segment route booked). After he learned he couldn't do a routing due to MPM (guys like MatthewLAX at UPGRD.com know this like the back of their hand and can calculate this without calling), he actually wanted to charge me just for trying!! WorldClassPerks stated he told me this up front, but I never would have agreed to these terms since there are several award travel services mentioned here that charge less, and even then, don't charge unless you book something.
Old Feb 16, 13, 9:51 am   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

Like if you have to travel on certain dates, only want low awards, not crazy taxes and fees and no crazy layovers?
My service will not charge you unless you're satisfied, however if there are awards that I need to spend countless hours, like a handfull that I've completed recently, I will advice you upfront if there is fee based on the time I spend. I've booked millions of award miles and I can honestly say that the "charge for time"usually happens a few times a year when the individual wants something extraordinary from a service offering like the one that was requested was B8B.

I'm glad he's happier with the other service providers and I respect that skill in this space, but you'll have to try the service and commitment rather than listen to an isolated comment on this platform.

Last edited by WorldClassPerks; Feb 16, 13 at 11:38 am..