Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Award booking services - a list and some reviews

Award booking services - a list and some reviews

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 15, 18, 12:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: foofiter
Wiki Link
Wikipost instructions: Signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post.
Members with 90 posts and 90 days on FlyerTalk can edit this Wikipost to update.

This list is not an endorsement of any particular award booking service.
Please do your research and read this thread.


See the FT Disclaimers for disclaimer of responsibility for use of these services, etc.
Please add other services and options you know about to this wiki.
Also, please post any personal experiences you may have with any of these services in this thread.


Award booking services (alphabetical):
  • Award Advocate - Domestic $100 p/p International $125 p/p, no additional charge for last minute. Changes $50. Also 10% discount for families traveling with children and active military
  • AwardBird - Economy: $39 for the 1st passenger and $19 for each additional; Business/First: $69 for the 1st passenger and $39 for each additional
  • Award Booking Service - $25 up front search fee plus $150/ticket & $49 per 30-minute skype consultations (ask anything!)
  • Award Butler - Award Search: $79 for up to two passengers; flight info provided but does not include booking. Booking starting at $149 for first two passengers.
  • Award Chaser - Search fee starting at $79. Itinerary only - no booking provided
  • Awarding Canada - Specializing in awards for Canadians, especially with Aeroplan, but with expertise available for anyone, worldwide. $150CAD for first passenger, $100CAD per passenger thereafter. Infants charged $25 instead. 2% discount if paid by Interace-Transfer.
  • Award Guru - $100 flat fee. Unlimited number of passengers. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Award Planners - One way $129, additional person $99; Round trip $199, additional person $99; Multi City $249 additional person $149
  • Award Travel Consulting - Award Search: $125/person; Booking ticket: $75/itinerary; changes: new trip
  • Awardmagic - $179 per person OW/RT plus one stop or $279 per person for three or more destinations
  • Awards & Travel - (iqbalt from FT) $100 for the first person; $50 for additional personnel. Explorer and RTW awards will be $200/ per person. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Book Your Award - (Gary Leff/View From The Wing): Booking: $185 per person; changes: $75 per person, each way
  • Boundless Miles - (Dominik Żmuda/Travelling the World): Booking: $50 USD per passenger, $25 change/cancellation fee per passenger
  • CabinChief - Bookings are $49 per pax
  • Cranky Concierge - $75 per person each way domestic; $95 per person each way international
  • First Class and Beyond - "Concierge-style" bookings. Fee is based on the value of the retail ticket, $250/person minimum.
  • Flightfox - Consultative flight searching; fees start at $100 (requires credit card authorization up front)
  • iflywithmiles.com - (Mike/Melissa): 150 USD first person, 85 for additional person on same itin. Change fees vary.
  • JJ Award Travel - $175 for the first person/$75 each additional. Complex awards more. Currently giving 10% discount when you mention FT. 20% off per referral.
  • Juicy Miles - (Adam/Point Me to the Plane): $125 per person for the first two travelers. $100 per each additional traveler. For Round-the-World (RTW) awards, pricing will vary
  • Loophole Travel - Award Travel Coaching $150 for first passenger and $100 for each additional passenger. Points Earning and MS Coaching also available.
  • Luxury Travel Consulting - (Jasper2009 on Flyertalk): $150 per person per ticket
  • MilesConcierge - (callmedtop on FT) "High-touch" award bookings, emphasizing personalized engagement for every customer. $125 for first passenger, $100 for each additional. Not accepting new bookings as of 23-June-2018
  • MilesElite - $99 for award search and $149 for award search and booking. No such domain as of 23-June-2018
  • Miles Help - Domestic: $100 OW; $140 RT/complex. International: $150 OW; $200 RT/complex. $50 each additional person
  • Miles Momma Booking Services - Airline Booking: $200 up to 2 passengers. $75 additional passengers. $50 non-refundable up front. Changes $50
  • MileValue Award Booking Service - (Scott Grimmer): Booking: $125 per person per award; $15 up front. Full payment required for successful search even if not booked. Change fee not currently listed; previously $79
  • PMM Travel Consulting - (Miguel R. Quinones/AwardWallet Blog): Booking: $125 per passenger for the first two, $99 for each additional. Additional charges for complex itineraries. Credit card advice and travel planning services.
  • PointsPros - (Ben Schlappig/One Mile At A Time): Booking: $300 first passenger, changes: $100
  • Reward Flyer - Domestic: $50 first person; $25 each additional person. International: $100 first person; $50 each additional person
  • Shrewd Travel - (skyvanman on FT) Booking: $250 per person; changes: varies; Available via phone or e-mail or even FT PM. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • SFO777.com - (SFO777 on FT) Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary
  • The Flying Mustache - $100 per ticket; additional fees for more than eight segments. Change fees vary
  • The Points Jet Setter - $150 for the first passenger and $75 per each additional passenger. Website down as of 23-June-2018
  • Upgrd Awards - (MatthewLAX on FT, Live and Let's Fly blog) $150 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; $250 per person for RTW; changes $75 but can vary. $50/ticket booking fee
  • zainman - FT member since 2009. Booking: $200 first passenger, $100 each additional passenger; change fees vary, consultant services for $ as well
  • Zero Hassle Rewards - $100 per person. Discounts for domestic and one-way
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Oct 4, 12, 8:20 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PHL (kinda, no airport is really close)
Programs: AA Gold but aiming for Plat Pro. Enterprise Platinum though, woo-hoo!
Posts: 2,707
Booking Help Available

I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this...

As noted above, I've learned quite a bit about bookings in the past few months.

I'm offering, free of charge, to help one or two people book award trips. Strongly prefer domestic or Europe, because those are what I'm most familiar with. Why would I do this? I just booked my wife's summer trip and she said "I'd like to learn what you do." So rather than pick a phony trip and pretend to look for it, I'd rather have a real case to work on.

Of course if you don't like what I come up with, you don't have to book it.

Offer only good for weekends she's here (she lives in another city) and for the next 7 weeks (until my KVS subscription runs out). But this weekend would be good.
redtop43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 9:26 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Posts: 3,360
Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
I hope I'm not violating any rules by posting this...

As noted above, I've learned quite a bit about bookings in the past few months.

I'm offering, free of charge, to help one or two people book award trips. Strongly prefer domestic or Europe, because those are what I'm most familiar with. Why would I do this? I just booked my wife's summer trip and she said "I'd like to learn what you do." So rather than pick a phony trip and pretend to look for it, I'd rather have a real case to work on.

Of course if you don't like what I come up with, you don't have to book it.

Offer only good for weekends she's here (she lives in another city) and for the next 7 weeks (until my KVS subscription runs out). But this weekend would be good.
Good spirit
travelkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 12, 10:19 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by GoGreen View Post
Scott at milevalue.com just did a great job booking two business seats to Morocco for me. Within 24 hours he came up with several options that met my criteria. Then he booked the ones I selected, and re-booked when I changed my mind. There were many details that he brought to my attention, and he answered all my questions. He was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I am so happy -- I could never have found these flights myself. His price was very reasonable and well worth it - $149 for two tickets on the same itinerary.
Based on this above review, I gave Scott a try. I was looking for 2 tickets to Paris business class and he was able to nab them. He responded to my initial e-mail on the same day I sent the e-mail and, within a day, provided me with some good choices. I am a newbie so others may not need this service but the $149 for the 2 tickets, for me, was well worth the value. He basically walked my wife and me through the entire process and it was done fairly quickly and painlessly.
MTomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 12, 3:01 pm
  #79  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LAT/LONG
Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Posts: 442
PremierAwardBookings

www.premierawardbookings.com

Hello

I recently found these guys and they helped me book a one way LH biz (747-8i and A380) to SIN. Somehow they were able to get me a one night >24 hours stopover in SIN on my way to Rangoon on SQ. I want a First class ticket and i know LH does not release F until a week or so before, so they are still monitoring availability for me.

Great guys, responded back within 24 hours like promised and was given a friends and family discount (if anyone would like it PM me and i will share)

Last edited by sidestep; Oct 19, 12 at 3:16 pm
sidestep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 12, 3:31 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Posts: 3,360
Originally Posted by sidestep View Post
www.premierawardbookings.com

Hello

I recently found these guys and they helped me book a one way LH biz (747-8i and A380) to SIN. Somehow they were able to get me a one night >24 hours stopover in SIN on my way to Rangoon on SQ. I want a First class ticket and i know LH does not release F until a week or so before, so they are still monitoring availability for me.

Great guys, responded back within 24 hours like promised and was given a friends and family discount (if anyone would like it PM me and i will share)
OP updated
travelkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 12, 8:27 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Posts: 800
Well, I think for the first time I may need some expertise but it's confusing as to which service to choose to contact.

I have only Delta miles but plenty of them since they're so hard to use.

I've booked other tickets using miles for a first class award for my husband, while purchasing an upgradeable fare for myself, using one of my SWUs. And I'm not complaining about finding a low level award; I guess I no longer expect that with Delta.

Our Ideal Goal - Outbound: CMH - LIH on 2/8/13 in first and I don't care what cities we go through. It just needs to be in first because my husband is large, doesn't like to fly, so I need to get him in first. Return: 2/23/13 KOA - CMH and here I'd like to get in first on DL 836 (HNL-ATL) with the lie flat BE seats for the overnight return. He's never experienced the lie flat seats and I'd like for him to be able to do so on the return. If need be, we could come home a day or so later. I'm beginning to think I may have to give up on my return goal.

I am a Expert Flyer premium member but must admit that I've rarely used it because i've not found it to be very useful for Delta flights since it can't do awards any better than the Delta site.
cmh flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 12, 7:26 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LAT/LONG
Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Posts: 442
Points Pros

Points Pros is not taking service requests at this time.
No mention of when they will accept new clients.

"Hi there:

Thanks for the request. However, we are quite busy and unable to take on requests. My apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.


Regards,
Alex and The PointsPros Team"
sidestep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 12, 7:34 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Posts: 3,360
Originally Posted by sidestep View Post
Points Pros

Points Pros is not taking service requests at this time.
No mention of when they will accept new clients.

"Hi there:

Thanks for the request. However, we are quite busy and unable to take on requests. My apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.


Regards,
Alex and The PointsPros Team"
I will update with such issues when reported, however if they become to frequent Id rather recommend you send your request to a few services.

Last edited by travelkid; Oct 30, 12 at 8:05 am
travelkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 12, 7:40 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LAT/LONG
Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Posts: 442
Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
I will update with such issues when reported, however if they become to frequent Id rather recommendyou send your request to a few services.
Understood, thought i would let the community know so they dont waste time waiting to hear from a response back that they cant help.
sidestep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 12, 4:25 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,721
Award Booking Services

I think this falls under MilesBuzz right?
I'm just interested in how they work. So they take your account and book for you? Aren't there privacy issues?
And, also considering most services operate blogs, isn't their service the exact opposite of what their blogs attempt to provide?

Just wanted to throw that out there.
yerffej201 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 12, 4:40 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SMF
Programs: UA Mileage Plus 2P
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
I think this falls under MilesBuzz right?
I'm just interested in how they work. So they take your account and book for you? Aren't there privacy issues?
And, also considering most services operate blogs, isn't their service the exact opposite of what their blogs attempt to provide?

Just wanted to throw that out there.
I find them quite useful. However, if you have a pretty simple itinerary, itís best to do it yourself and safe the money. As for privacy, I havenít had any issues and I was recommended a particular service. Iím sure there are others that can share their experiences.
thetravelman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 12, 5:05 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States
Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,732
They want your business and they want you to be happy with their services. I seriously doubt they would steal your info and sell it to crooks, but if you are still mindful of this possibility, I'm sure they can find a way to accommodate your concerns. Work with the ones who are the members of this community.

Last edited by mnscout; Nov 18, 12 at 1:03 pm
mnscout is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 12, 5:10 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 203
Please anyone can tell me how they work or operate and would like use them in near future. I would like get an idea what information they need in order to book award travel. Is there any assurance and do they call airlines as an agent.

Thanks
samineni3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 12, 5:23 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ATL, but want to Expatriate to SE Asia ASAP
Programs: AS MVP Gold, Choice Plat & Hilton+SPG Gold, UA, BA...Etc
Posts: 796
I run an award booking service of my own.

Most of the time the info I need to book for someone is the following:

1. Frequent Flyer Account login info. I always suggest changing to a temporary password for the booking and then change back once complete.
2. Date of Birth
3. Name as it appears on passport for international bookings.

I take somewhat of a risk by paying the taxes and fees on a booking for you with my own credit card. I invoice you via paypal and include the taxes that I paid on your behalf. I have little choice as I have very few clients who want to give me their CC #.

If you want more info feel free to send me a DM. I don't want to violate any flyertalk rules by posting something that would be considered spam.
foofiter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 12, 5:28 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 203
Thanks for your response. Sent a PM.
Originally Posted by foofiter View Post
I run an award booking service of my own.

Most of the time the info I need to book for someone is the following:

1. Frequent Flyer Account login info. I always suggest changing to a temporary password for the booking and then change back once complete.
2. Date of Birth
3. Name as it appears on passport for international bookings.

I take somewhat of a risk by paying the taxes and fees on a booking for you with my own credit card. I invoice you via paypal and include the taxes that I paid on your behalf. I have little choice as I have very few clients who want to give me their CC #.

If you want more info feel free to send me a DM. I don't want to violate any flyertalk rules by posting something that would be considered spam.
samineni3 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: