Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG has the best F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Kiwis are fruits, birds, and future Australians.
kittiyut likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by BinSabai
are you mixing up Kiwis and Kwais... fruits and animals?
Ha!

Another brain fart My bad.

Yes, I meant ThaiKwais. Apologies

For some reason I saw it as ThaiKiwi
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by kittiyut

For some reason I saw it as ThaiKiwi
It's ok. So did I!!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
It's ok. So did I!!
Ha Ha.....I love it.....does that make me a fruity old Bull then? Or a Bull with a hairy exterior and a soft juicy green heart????

I am in Ireland at the moment and have just come home from the Pub where I enjoyed lovely pints of Guinness, and am now being entertained by this thread....at last!!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
Ha Ha.....I love it.....does that make me a fruity old Bull then? Or a Bull with a hairy exterior and a soft juicy green heart????
a Veggie Buffalo?

and what does ThaiKiwi think about this mixup?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by thbe
I don't agree.

First of all it doesn't make any sense to defend someone in a way, that it's his personal preference, who commented others personal preference with "OP needs to get out more. IMO... "

SFO777 writes trip reports. Personally I appreciate every kind of trip report and I also appreciate SFO777's trip reports. Trip reports can help a lot of other travelers with information and pictures.

But a trip report is not enough as a base for a rating , especially not for 20 airlines. He obviously travels for fun and with that approach it's absolutely reasonable to choose the best way to travel with an airline. But it's not even close to represent the F of an airline. And it's not correct, to ignore ground or irreg handling in F. The main goal for most travelers is still to get from A to B in time, even in F.

Even if I don't know even half of the 20 airlines in F, I know the F of some of the airlines much better than SFO777 does. So I know, that he is definitely wrong at some points. And I use wrong in the meaning, SFO777 write about the OP. I totally understand, that he can impress much less experienced travelers. But I'm very sure, that there was no reason at all to bash the OP. No reason at all to be arrogant.
Wow, what an amazing post, if no reason to be arrogant why are you being so arrogant, seems you know SFOs motivation, experience, knowledge and you know F on some airlines so well, and know that SFO never travels without a TA.

Probably the most arrogant post yet !
Old Sep 1, 2017, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
Wow, what an amazing post, if no reason to be arrogant why are you being so arrogant, seems you know SFOs motivation, experience, knowledge and you know F on some airlines so well, and know that SFO never travels without a TA.

Probably the most arrogant post yet !
F class ranking of Airlines is sufficient. We do not need an arrogance ranking of FT members...
kittiyut and andyptrav like this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 3:13 am

F class ranking of Airlines is sufficient. We do not need an arrogance ranking of FT members...
Exactly!!!

a Veggie Buffalo?

and what does ThaiKiwi think about this mixup?
I knew there was a ThaiKiwi !!! - or Thai-Kiwi to be precise Seen his post many times - thought it was the same person.

I guess my brain refused to accept that anyone would use the word "Kwai" or "ควาย" in Thai, as their username (or in), especially if he/she is a Thai
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:05 am

Exactly!!!

I knew there was a ThaiKiwi !!! - or Thai-Kiwi to be precise Seen his post many times - thought it was the same person.

I guess my brain refused to accept that anyone would use the word "Kwai" or "ควาย" in Thai, as their username (or in), especially if he/she is a Thai

I guess I am mildly dyslexic apparently, because all of these years I thought it was Thai-Kiwi. The actual spelling is much funnier.

FWIW, I have been called ควาย (endearingly) by family members quite a few times when they find me to be stubborn!. I know it is usually a very strong word, but amongst family and friends is can be used jokingly or light heartedly as well.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I hope it doesn't sound arrogant to say that if you haven't yet tried AF, then you haven't tried the best overall F experience. Especially in the last year since they've really upped their game. And the main point is objective rather than subjective because no other airline has the full First Class ground experience like AF has.

Things like service, food, drinks and even the seat can be subjective and argued about which is better. But until another airline gives the full F ground experience like AF, then there is no real argument.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:06 am

Exactly!!!I knew there was a ThaiKiwi !!! - or Thai-Kiwi to be precise Seen his post many times - thought it was the same person.

do not worry, the member with the Name Kwai is not Thai...

in reference to below Thai music Video, one could say: no, there are not only Kwais, but also Kiwis

Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by stimpy

Things like service, food, drinks and even the seat can be subjective and argued about which is better. But until another airline gives the full F ground experience like AF, then there is no real argument.
Arguably LH does for originating pax at FRA (FCT). But it it can fail for connections where no transport is provided.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:56 am

I hope it doesn't sound arrogant to say that if you haven't yet tried AF, then you haven't tried the best overall F experience. Especially in the last year since they've really upped their game. And the main point is objective rather than subjective because no other airline has the full First Class ground experience like AF has.

Actually I'm more curious about the new AF suite (with the curtains) than EY's apartments! The seats look yummy (comfy) and I've heard (read) so many good things about the "overall" F experience, I'm dying to try it out for myself!

Wouldn't want to be in other class on AF though, wonder which is worse, UA Y or AF Y?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:57 am

I'll try to geet a good connecting fare from BKK to JFK in F on AF. The new ground service does look very good. It's not arrogant at all to say so.

What was arrogant and most unwelcome, as far as I am concerned, was the poster who chose to deride TG F in this thread and pontificate about his/her personal "list" of airline experiences.
andyptrav likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I'll try to geet a good connecting fare from BKK to JFK in F on AF. The new ground service does look very good. It's not arrogant at all to say so.

What was arrogant and most unwelcome, as far as I am concerned, was the poster who chose to deride TG F in this thread and pontificate about his/her personal "list" of airline experiences.
Would be very interesting to hear your thoughts once you've tried it. Do a showdown, direct comparison ex-CDG on AF vs. ex-BKK on TG for us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.