Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by frobozzelectric
i booked Y and paid Y i think. if bpass has that big "Y" it means Y right? as far as i can tell by their published rules they both honor each other's Y fares though i did find a small section which which can be interpreted to mean something like "we honor credit of other star alliance Y fares except on some routes or when we decide not to".

asked OZ to show the rule which says this Y fare is ineligible. will be in bangkok in a few weeks so will probably have it straightened out at TG office.

EDIT. ah so fare basis is not same as cabin class. ok.

is there any way to salvage the miles for this trip? i mean since OZ wont give credit will TG still allow it to be credited to ROP instead, i mean 25% of mnl bkk ika is still substantial
Yes, if not credited elsewhere.

Always check the fare basis if seeking to credit miles.... I learnt that that hard way with an SQ fare that accrued 100% to SQ's KFlyer, but not to TG when it was a Gold qualification mileage run. Kicked myself quite hard for that mistake.....
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:36 am

Should join ROP and credit to TG.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:32 am

yes thank you

yes, thanks, already signed up for ROP.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:10 am

I'm booked in economy nonstop Melbourne to Bangkok, I have a rollerboard and a small backpack . If I keep the rollerboard to the 7kg should I be ok with both for carry on?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:55 am

What's the best First class lounge for a HKG-BKK TG F flight?
I'm guessing SQ?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by PatMcrotch
I'm guessing SQ?
SQ does not have an F lounge in Hong Kong. Thai has a small F section, and UA has an F lounge. The UA F is probably the better option, though I have not checked opening hours compared to the TG flights.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I'm guessing SQ?
SQ Lounge is far away from departing gates of TG (in the front part of the terminal, gates 1-35); TG departs from the back part (from gate 40)
as said TG has a F part in the Lounge with personal service and a small menu, some wines, no champagne and a broad selection of newspapers and magazines (larger then the F Lounge in BKK)
UA Lounge is just some steps away on the other side, where the terminals separate.
take a look at both TG and UA and then decide
PatMcrotch likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:28 pm

Appreciate the info Fella's.
I'm confused about the SQ lounge though....according to this video there is a First class section....see at 0:30

Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Appreciate the info Fella's.
I'm confused about the SQ lounge though....according to this video there is a First class section....see at 0:30

SilverKris Lounge Hong Kong Airport - YouTube
You are right, after they renovated the lounge, they added a first class section, but food, drinls and service is the same as the main section of the lounge. Juts less busy in the seating area. I had my thoughts crossed. I would still lean to the UA lounge though.
​​​​​
PatMcrotch likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You are right, after they renovated the lounge, they added a first class section, but food, drinls and service is the same as the main section of the lounge. Juts less busy in the seating area. I had my thoughts crossed. I would still lean to the UA lounge though.
​​​​​
in addition - as already mentioned - SQ Lounge is far away, BEFORE you have to go down the escalators to the subway, which bring you to TG's departure gates
while TG and UA Lounges are just 0-3 minutes walk to TG departure gates
PatMcrotch likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
in addition - as already mentioned - SQ Lounge is far away, BEFORE you have to go down the escalators to the subway, which bring you to TG's departure gates
while TG and UA Lounges are just 0-3 minutes walk to TG departure gates
I don't really subscribe to the concept of the terrible distances of Hong Kong Airport. Once I stopped taking the train, I realised it is not really a bad walk.

That being said, whether you are in the TG lounge or in the SQ lounge you will have to cover the distance at some point....
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:04 am

I don't really subscribe to the concept of the terrible distances of Hong Kong Airport. Once I stopped taking the train, I realised it is not really a bad walk.

That being said, whether you are in the TG lounge or in the SQ lounge you will have to cover the distance at some point....
did I talk about terrible distances in HKG? and I agree that the distance has to be covered at some point, but...

for TG, you have to check in at T2, so you have to take the train first from T2 to T1, then you would have to use escalator up to use SQ Lounge, afterwards go down again (or make a really long walk) to use the train again to the outer gates, where TG departs
the same if you arrive with China and Macau ferries (where you can check in already before taking the ferry), you have to take the train from ferry terminal to T2 and then as above
If you transit and arrive at the outer gates, instead of a 1 minute walk after security to TG or UA Lounge, you have to take the train to the lower numbered gates, where the SQ Lounge is and afterward the train again to reach the outer gates
only if you transit and arrive at the lower gates, it does not add to your commuting distances when using SQ lounge
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Once I stopped taking the train, I realised it is not really a bad walk.
Exactamundo.

Using the travelators it takes less than 10 min and much less if you walk on the travelators. With a long stride, an NYC mentality and knowing I'll be cooped up in a plane thereafter I'll choose the walk each and every time.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Exactamundo.

Using the travelators it takes less than 10 min and much less if you walk on the travelators. With a long stride, an NYC mentality and knowing I'll be cooped up in a plane thereafter I'll choose the walk each and every time.
it is possible to get from SQ Lounge to the outer gates, where TG departure gates, TG and UA Lounge are. But it is not the official commute and you have to know a bit the locations. If you follow the signboards, you get down to the train
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by BinSabai
it is possible to get from SQ Lounge to the outer gates, where TG departure gates, TG and UA Lounge are. But it is not the official commute and you have to know a bit the locations. If you follow the signboards, you get down to the train
Getting from the SQ lounge to the TG/UA (and soon Centurion Lounge) among others is less than a 10 minute endeavor utilizing the travelators. I have no idea of this 'official commute' you speak of; yes, there's a train but it will save you less than 5 min (if that) and give you no exercise. And I'm a bit miffed about knowing the locations, it's simply a matter of walking straight and following signs.

If walking wasn't an official and allowable means then the 20s/30s gates would be physically cut off from the 40s/50s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.