Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Texas
Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: Food, Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport: Where to eat at IAH? (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: Food, Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:31 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I'm flying on a UA TATL in economy soon, normally I fly via Dulles. I find the food in UA's economy cabin to be terrible, so I usually bring on my own. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, I just can't bring my self to eat their food. At IAD, Vino Volo is my "go to" place.

My criteria are: good quality, must be able to hold up for a few hours until we're airborne, nothing hot, nothing with a strong odor (I like to be considerate of my fellow passengers). Any suggestions?

(BTW, I did a search for this topic and came up empty.)
In E Cat Cora's or Pappadeaux's are your best bets IMO though much of Pappadeaux's is seafood. Both will do take-away.There is also a Sports "bar" and grille in E that does take away with burgers and such.

I actually have not done C in so long I think they have changed a few so I defer to some others on that one.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Cat Cora is a definite possibility. I'll skip Pappadeaux's because I can get all of that at home.

I'm also considering Nature's Kitchen, The Market, & Zori Bistro. Luckily, I have about 2 hours there to do some "window shopping".
Old Feb 22, 2014, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I actually have not done C in so long I think they have changed a few so I defer to some others on that one.
Indeed, they completely redid C food area a few years back.

Even though I just connected at IAH, the only place I recall is Einstein's Bagels in E and Subway between E and C. Of course Starbucks, but don't recall if they have anything substantial to eat.

I've eaten and enjoyed Famous Famiglia Pizzeria in E (they have way more than pizza).

And a very quick Google search came up with :-: compete listing :-: Searchable no less ^
Old Feb 22, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
IAH trounces IAD for food

If you are in C South scope out the Real Food Company which offers a variety of different options which would meet your criteria. In the hallway from C south to E is Upper Crust which has some of the best baguettes I have had outside Paris.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:23 am

I did Cat Cora this time, but will probably try Real Food Co. next time
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:54 am

IAH food options

any good food options to pick up for the plane journey or eat in a restaurant at either Terminal C where I land or on the terminal I need to be at for flight UA4477 to Oaxaca (not sure about terminal)

Transfer time between the two terminals would also be good

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I am a big fan of "The Real food Company" near gates C34-42. It looks like you will depart from B, so you may not be able to make it. If you can I would.

The Real Food Company
Real Food offers 8 marche-style serving stations including gourmet salads, sandwiches, Texas BBQ, oven-baked pizzas, sushi, down home cookin, Tex-Mex, pastas, and bakery in a theater-style setting.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:06 pm

In terminal B, this place offers the best reviews off all on yelp
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-fruteria...nandez-houston
Old May 26, 2015, 10:18 am

In terminal B I enjoyed this place:

3rd Bar Oyster & Eating House
Expertly prepared seafood from Houston's own Chef Bryan Caswell.

Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sun: 6:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.

I have had Gumbo and the Shrimp Spring Rolls-both delicious.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Are their any good restaurants or fast food places near IAH. We need to be close to the airport as we have to be back at the airport 2 hours after we land as we need to pick up a relative before heading to our destination. We are going to be getting our car at 3:00 in the afternoon so what would be a good place to eat lunch at ?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:34 pm

Head east on Will Clayton to US 59 - wow, just looked at Google Maps, and see new designation I 69 ^

Right at FM1960, and in that area is a good Vietnamese and Mexican restaurant.

Some fast food joints IIRC - let Google be your friend.

If you head south on JFK, the hotels have restaurants, and there is a greasy spoon just before Loop 12.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Head east on Will Clayton to US 59 - wow, just looked at Google Maps, and see new designation I 69 ^

Right at FM1960, and in that area is a good Vietnamese and Mexican restaurant.

Some fast food joints IIRC - let Google be your friend.

If you head south on JFK, the hotels have restaurants, and there is a greasy spoon just before Loop 12.
Thank you for the recommendations we will decide once we land we have a hour from when we land to picking up our rental car to decide.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:24 pm

Ooops, forgot to say, turn left on what is now I 69, go north to FM (Farm to Market) 1960 for best options close to IAH.

Ate in that area many times back when flying from IAH was part of work.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just had a delicious seafood platter at Pappadeaux in Terminal E.
aztimm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.