Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with chat?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:18 am
Administrator

Programs: SPG
Tech team is currently evaluating products and working on providing a chat solution. Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by IBobi
We're actively pursuing new chat software that will handle the requirements of FT chat. I'll update when I hear we've found our white whale.

Paul
We ARE still working on a solution. As it requires a new software platform, it's a bigger issue.

Thanks for being patient!
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
IB, please provide an update (preferably w/ an ETA). Thank you.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by IBxAnders
Tech team is currently evaluating products and working on providing a chat solution. Thank you.
5 months to get back to us, and one month after I asked for an update. This is after the year+ of FT chat not working properly, and evidently IB deciding not to bother fixing it while they evaluate other products.

Do you think the chat solution will actually occur in 2012, or are we looking at 2013 at this point?

Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:54 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
We looked at two products yesterday. The end is nigh
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:04 pm

We looked at two products yesterday. The end is nigh
Now don't you be raisin' my hopes! Thanks for the update (unless the end is nigh means the Mayans or somebody had the end of the world pegged correctly )

Cheers.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
How is it possible that chat STILL isn't working

Since I don' t have time to post much these days, I occasionally try to pop into chat, something that really connected me to the community in the early days of my participation here.

It seems ridiculous that something can't be done in less time that 10 or 11 months. Come on, IB, get your act together.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by BoyAreMyArmsTired
Since I don' t have time to post much these days, I occasionally try to pop into chat, something that really connected me to the community in the early days of my participation here.

It seems ridiculous that something can't be done in less time that 10 or 11 months. Come on, IB, get your act together.
Actually IB has been evaluating software & some of our fellow FT chat participants have been helping them out w/ testing it and providing input.

Until that's concluded, ripper's workaround will get you to the 'alternate' chat.

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
....crickets
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:23 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Chat's been up for a while yet:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ftchat.php

Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:18 pm

Chat's been up for a while yet:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ftchat.php

Well it goes w/o saying that it would have been nice if y'all had told us that, instead of waiting for someone a quarter later to say 'crickets'. Also, it might be nice if this makes Talkmail or something so that those who used to participate regularly/figure it went away forever know it's back - or it will be crickets

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.