Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with chat?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
....For those having problems still, can you give me an idea of your geographical location? I know we're still having some issues in different areas, and I wonder if this is related.
san francisco for me with only firefox under mac osx 10.6.2 not working as the "java rectangular box" doesn't show the "java coffee cup"-just a blank box
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Mine is St. Catharines/Niagara Falls, Ontario. IE 7 and 8 for me, box shows up but that pop up thing shows up after 15-30 secs of loading. I wish i could do Fortfun re-routing but I'm not tech savvy either.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by FortFun
My status is unchanged from post #39 above. I can get in, but only by a circuitous route that was not previously necessary. FWIW I have done multiple rounds of clearing all cookies and rebooting, etc.

As I say, I can get in now so I'm not really complaining. But clearly some access that existed prior to the crash no longer does, or I wouldn't have had to change thing. So I understand how some people might still be miffed.

My location, as indicated at left, is near Denver.
Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by goalie
san francisco for me with only firefox under mac osx 10.6.2 not working as the "java rectangular box" doesn't show the "java coffee cup"-just a blank box
Thanks, also.

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Mine is St. Catharines/Niagara Falls, Ontario. IE 7 and 8 for me, box shows up but that pop up thing shows up after 15-30 secs of loading. I wish i could do Fortfun re-routing but I'm not tech savvy either.
So, you can get in... you just have to wait 15-30 seconds for the chat window to open?

Last edited by IB-Dick; Dec 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Thanks for the info.

So, you can get in... you just have to wait 15-30 seconds for the chat window to open?
Not a problem, glad to help solve this problem.

I still can't get in unfortunately, the 15-30 seconds is for the time between java trying to load and that mistake http things that pop up instead of chat. Hope that clarifies it a bit, thanks IB-Dick.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 10:46 am

It does. Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:05 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Tried last night using IE8, cleared cache, deleted all cookies, ensured I had the latest version of Java, and rebooted. I was not able to get in; still getting an error message after about 30 seconds. This is for both the normal user and moderator login screens.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's rare for me to be up this late but since I am, I logged into chat. Surprisingly I'm the only person on given the time frame. But that's not why I'm posting. I'm getting disconnected quite often & have to log on again. Weirdly enough if I try to log on through generic IE it tells me I need to have Java set up (I do); reported previously. Still the same problem. I can get in via AOL browser, but again tonight getting in I keep getting disconnected. So - why the problem w/ generic IE & also why the multiple disconnects the other way? Cheers.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
What version of IE?

For those having problems still, can you give me an idea of your geographical location? I know we're still having some issues in different areas, and I wonder if this is related.
Oh now this is getting very (lol)! I dont know what version of IE I have but its probably 7 or 8. Is there some way to tell?

I have two computers, one an older desk top which is more likely to have IE7 and has Windows XP, I also have a newer laptop which has Windows Vista and either IE7 or 8.

I have tried clearing cookies on both computers and I am still getting the Java exception error when trying to get into chat room.

I am in SYDNEY, Australia and clearly still out in the cold on FT

I am also still getting the redirect to IE error page when I try to PM or post, but its not as regular as it was. So thats a slight improvement on things since November 13.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Oh now this is getting very (lol)! I dont know what version of IE I have but its probably 7 or 8. Is there some way to tell?

I have two computers, one an older desk top which is more likely to have IE7 and has Windows XP, I also have a newer laptop which has Windows Vista and either IE7 or 8.

I have tried clearing cookies on both computers and I am still getting the Java exception error when trying to get into chat room.

I am in SYDNEY, Australia and clearly still out in the cold on FT

I am also still getting the redirect to IE error page when I try to PM or post, but its not as regular as it was. So thats a slight improvement on things since November 13.
have you tried using firefox? even tho i am a "mac person" and use safari, there are some features on ff which are better than on safari and there are some websites for that matter that just don't play well with safari. from what i've heard, ff is a better browser than ie. just a thought but like my signature says......
Old Dec 18, 2009, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Goalie, I hope I don't get banned from the tootsie pop list, but why should anyone have to change their browser to accomodate technical difficulties on FT? I'm just sayin....

Cheers.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Goalie, I hope I don't get banned from the tootsie pop list, but why should anyone have to change their browser to accomodate technical difficulties on FT? I'm just sayin....

Cheers.
never ever gonna ban anyone from the tootsie-pop list (even tsa folks and i'm gonna "t-p" my first f/t'er & tso in january [n.b. t-p vs tp ] but i was just thinking af a way to make it work for my aussie friend as a quick fix (and frustration 'n stress reducer) until the f/t i/t folks get the whole thing fixed
Old Dec 28, 2009, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Another update from me, not that anything has changed . Since Nov 13th still not able to get into the chat room and STILL getting the exception error.

I have cleared cookies etc and I have NOW downloaded a NEW browser, Firefox to find I get the exact same error . To make matters worse, I also just got the cant load webpage type error when trying to submit this post on Firefox. So clearly this is not an Internet Explorer issue, but an FT issue that has NOT been rectified.

CAN someone PLEASE do something about this?

How long do we have to keep posting here and doing all the so called fixes before its actually fixed? What a waste of time for me to load a new browser....made absolutely NO difference and yeah I am p*ssed that it seems FT Tech are as much in the dark as when all the trouble first started. So much for it being a top priority .

I have not seen the light of day in the FT chat room for almost 6 weeks, I mean NOT getting in at ALL. Nada, nothing, zilch!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 7:46 am
gsw

Programs: DL
I feel like I need to say last rites over the Chat. With one exception (DL 1061 on 12/29/09, GoGo at 38K feet), I have not been able to access the Chat in weeks (Me: in Seattle, MBP with Snow Leopard the latest version of FF and Safari, Comcast, cookies deleted and cache cleared). The DL GoGo connection proves that it is not my computer. What now?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
jus logged on to chat. took 10 seconds and it worked.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 8:34 pm

Same, works for me after god knows how long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.